Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What made you buy a VW...this did :D :D
Second generation qashqai 14 reg from new...its a long list :mrgreen:

Nissan quashqai, a great car.....ours.....
A 14 reg plate from new.
Dead faulty car battery, 'system fault' hill start assist would not release after having a new module fitted.
Loud rattle now in dash, from air ducting, dash out again. mechanic said its the worst design he as ever come across, the air ducting is just free floating.
Dash out (for the third time) as something or another has come lose in it.
Left hand side exhaust mount has completely snapped off, as I was collected the car, as I pulled off from the dealer, the rear seatbelt warning light would not go off, turn a round and straight back into dealer
Something hitting the passenger window inside the door.
Hill start assist failed for the third time, and needed a new module fitted.
Longest the car was in was for 5 weeks a few months ago.
From front trim falling completely off or the plastic chrome around the windows discolouring and replaced to having the small info screen (the one that sits in the middle if the speedo/revs) replaced twice.
New wing mirror twice) first replacement was scratched..well..small chip which they did apologise for replaced it for a used one. Eventually replaced it for a new one. (I think they thought I would not have noticed it).
Faulty front sensor recall, the sensors pick up heavy rain and mistake it to set off the city brake alarm. no full fix by nissan, as they are still working on it.
Interior trim panel in boot warp causing it to pop out of its mounting clips by two inches.
Loud chinking sound in drivers door which turned out to be a lose part on the anti theft device in the door.
Auto head lights staying on all the time, had to turn them off manually until fixed, part of the 5 week stay with nissan.
Left hand gas strut on the boot failed.
Mudflaps fitted, missed two mounting screws.
Drivers window dropping slightly after a few miles on rough-ish roads.
Rattle from air vents, common problem, well documented, no fix on the first production cars.
Ive had a vibration noise from day one, that they cant seem to locate. not mechanical, but loud when pulling off from cold on an incline.
Hill start assist packed in, part of the 5 week stay.
A bolt holding part of the aircon ducting in the engine bay sheer off.
other small bits and bobs, door sill guards both scratched when installing.
Rear seat arm rest stopped fully pulling down.
Steering making a groaning noise, it was a plastic collet that is used needing lubricating. (well documented)
Air con has just packed in all together. (they tried re-gassing it)
Other small stuff that I cannot quite remember.
Something loose in the dash but couldnt be arssed as I was trading it in anyway.

Would definitely recommend the car.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Wow, that must have been a Friday afternoon build!
On the other hand, a good friend of mine has a '14 plate Qashqai, and hasn't had a single problem. ;)

Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too had a 2014 Nissan Qashqai from new. A 1.5L 110bhp Tekna. Only problems were the front sensors that occasionally beeped for no obvious reason, which wasn't sorted after a visit to the dealer and a faulty air con which it appears is a well known problem. Otherwise I found it a great car, that was until I took delivery of Tiquan R Line 150bhp in Oryx white.
What a step up in quality. Yes it costs more than the QQ, but worth every penny.
Only problem so far is with Car Net registration. The system will not allow me to register and I have problems with VW Customer Services who insist on a photo of the infotainment screen showing the words "Registration unsuccessful. Please try again" to send to Germany or they can't get the matter sorted! Apparently they won't even look at the problem without this photo!
An easy enough request you may think, however each time I send the email with the photo attached it is undelivered.
I only hope if the matter is ever sorted it's worth all the bother.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Oldjdub said:
I too had a 2014 Nissan Qashqai from new. A 1.5L 110bhp Tekna. Only problems were the front sensors that occasionally beeped for no obvious reason, which wasn't sorted after a visit to the dealer and a faulty air con which it appears is a well known problem. Otherwise I found it a great car, that was until I took delivery of Tiquan R Line 150bhp in Oryx white.
What a step up in quality. Yes it costs more than the QQ, but worth every penny.
Only problem so far is with Car Net registration. The system will not allow me to register and I have problems with VW Customer Services who insist on a photo of the infotainment screen showing the words "Registration unsuccessful. Please try again" to send to Germany or they can't get the matter sorted! Apparently they won't even look at the problem without this photo!
An easy enough request you may think, however each time I send the email with the photo attached it is undelivered.
I only hope if the matter is ever sorted it's worth all the bother.
:idea: Just a thought ....have you been on 'youtube' to see if it has been mentioned on there, have noticed recently they have been putting things on how things work :?:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think there seems to be an issue with Japanese cars built in Britain! I had a 2008 Honda Civic that was my most unreliable car ever along with cheap build materials and soft paint. I would have happily burned it after 4 years

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
DerChef said:
I think there seems to be an issue with Japanese cars built in Britain! I had a 2008 Honda Civic that was my most unreliable car ever along with cheap build materials and soft paint. I would have happily burned it after 4 years
Yeah!, I know what you mean. I too had a 2008 Civic, and the paint was paper thin. I was told it wasn't just the Civic, but all Hondas were the same.
My 2013 Golf never suffered from paint chipping, and I'm hoping the Tig will be the same.

Steve

G

·
Unless I was dreaming on a number of occasions, Im sure there was a long-running thread called "What did you buy for your car today?"

But it seems to have vanished

Anyone know where it went?

S

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
benaaron363 said:
I have never owned VW Beetle but I really like the looks of them. I can only afford a used one but I would really like some input about the Beetle. I know not everyone is happy with just one style/make of car, if that were true there would be only one make of car ! Pros and cons anyone ? I appreciate your input.
A quite clever way to disguise a spam post 😠

Steve

·
Registered
518 Posts
I came away from VW after my CC suffered from dieselgate remaps , went to Seat , I know still VAG , seat in Seat was bad for my arthritus looked at SUVs narrowed to Kuga ST line X or Tig after several other test drives . Ford attitude poor but VW dealer offered me a good deal in light of dieselgate so it was a no brainer.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Quite simply the price. Had a Q5 and would have had the same again, but to get the same spec on the Q5 as the Tiguan I would have been looking at around £45k, I got the Tig for just over 32k, so a no brainer really. I am thoroughly enjoying the Tig and glad I chose it.

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
By the look of fog123's signature I suspect a bit of subterfuge (spam) here!😏

Duly reported

Steve

1 - 13 of 13 Posts