Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have various other small hobbies mainly Sci Fi movies etc but I have been into VW's for a good number of years but in the Air cooled section on another two forums.
This is my other baby. My Street Buggy (same as a beach buggy except built for the street)
On a shortened pan. Twice magazine featured.
If photobucket will play as it hasnt been working for a while.

http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/Funkydad/library/HAVE%20BLUE?sort=9&page=0

·
Registered
74 Posts
Always fancied building a beach buggy but never got round to it, but did build 2 westfields one with
a 1650 ford engine the second with a rover v8.....also built a mclaren mk6 gtr.
other hobbies rc helicopters, rc fixed wing and quad copters.
Also shoot 6, 8, 10 yard pistol and 25 and 50 yard rifle and a bit of hft.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alanbathurst said:
Always fancied building a beach buggy but never got round to it, but did build 2 westfields one with
What RC Heli do you fly Alan, I used to fly a raptor 60 with a funky fuselage MD500e shell on it.
Had a Raptor 30 before that and a kyosho concept long before that, both got nicked

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Well that makes 3 of us so far that fly or have flown RC models of some sort. I started with a Kalt Cyclone heli with an OS 50 fsr in the early '80's. Moved on to fixed wing with various petrol and glow models.
Still fly occasionally but mainly small electric stuff incuding a Trex 450 heli and a Blade 350 quad.
Also like to do a bit of photography, and interested (but certainly no expert :roll: ) in computing.

Steve

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Car Vehicle

Are you going to sell that 'Beach Buggy' for a 'Golf Buggy' ready for your retirement 'Negativepitch' :lol: :arrow: :idea: .... just a thought

Attachments

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stumpy said:
View attachment 380

Are you going to sell that 'Beach Buggy' for a 'Golf Buggy' ready for your retirement 'Negativepitch' :lol: :arrow: :idea: .... just a thought
Funny you should say that, I have just put the cage back in and have a few bits and bobs which I have changed and need to go back in, new dash layout and seats and harness back in and then its going up for sale in the spring ready for summer.
We need the room in the garage to store stuff, plus its a good excuse to start up my model railway layout :D

I forgot to add...I also collect model Daleks :mrgreen: Most are boxed up as theres no more room.
http://s603.photobucket.com/user/negativepitch/library/daleks?sort=3&page=1
In the Dalek room which my wife insists its meant to be the spare bedroom.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Negativepitch said:
alanbathurst said:
What RC Heli do you fly Alan, I used to fly a raptor 60 with a funky fuselage MD500e shell on it.
Had a Raptor 30 before that and a kyosho concept long before that, both got nicked
concept 30, concept 60, raptor 50, kalt 4 stroke, neus 4 stroke,morley , various 250 size quads
phantom 3 to many fixed wing to list. most still flying.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alanbathurst said:
Negativepitch said:
alanbathurst said:
concept 30, concept 60, raptor 50, kalt 4 stroke, neus 4 stroke,morley , various 250 size quads
phantom 3 to many fixed wing to list. most still flying.
Nice ;)

·
Registered
328 Posts

Used to ride all year round but now just during spring, summer and autumn. Three tours planned this year; Normandy/Brittany, Aragon region of Spain (just South or Pyrenees) and Route des Grand Alps (basically Geneva to Nice via mountain roads).

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chas said:

Used to ride all year round but now just during spring, summer and autumn. Three tours planned this year; Normandy/Brittany, Aragon region of Spain (just South or Pyrenees) and Route des Grand Alps (basically Geneva to Nice via mountain roads).
Looks nice ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Heavily into Drones! Have built and raced a few during the last couple of years and have recently set up my own business doing aerial photography using a DJI Inspire. Proper geeky stuff but I love it :)

Green Indoor games and sports Electronic component Engineering Toy

Cloud Sky Vehicle Window Drone

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
RichyP said:
Heavily into Drones! Have built and raced a few during the last couple of years and have recently set up my own business doing aerial photography using a DJI Inspire. Proper geeky stuff but I love it :)
If you don't mind me asking - is there money to be made in aerial photography / Drone work? We were at a do last week where they hired someone out to come and take a few pictures / videos with his drone and we were told they can charge around £250 for the hour. I love drones but only have a small one myself but would love to get something like the DJI if there was work there.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Lordjik said:
If you don't mind me asking - is there money to be made in aerial photography / Drone work? We were at a do last week where they hired someone out to come and take a few pictures / videos with his drone and we were told they can charge around £250 for the hour. I love drones but only have a small one myself but would love to get something like the DJI if there was work there.
Yes definitely money to be made but quite a bit of competition out there! I'm not going to become a millionaire out of it but happy if it pays for the hobby or even a holiday here or there :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts