Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to collect my new Tiguan R-Line on Wed, and, living on the Isle of Wight, I have to catch a ferry in the morning to get to the garage for 09:00. Unfortunately my wife has been given a hospital appointment in the afternoon which means that we have to leave the dealers by 12:00, so only 3 hours at the dealer to carry out last bits of paperwork and look over our new toy. I have two questions freally:

1) Is 3 hours enough to do this?

2) What should I look for when going over the car with a fine tooth comb?

I seem to remember that there was already a thread on my second question some time ago but can't seem to find it. Can anyone help me please?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CAAPPL said:
Do a search using the heading 'inspection checklist' and you will get the information you nee.
Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
something to add - Check inside the alloy wheel drum. My car had a bend protection plate and a knocking on the drivers rear. turns out that during their delivery inspection rather than carefully lifting the heavy wheel off the hub, it was dropped onto the brake assembly on both sides, leaving deep scratches on the inside of the wheel drum. It wasn't until my detailer had the car that he noticed - apparently this is a really common thing to happen when the inspect the car due to the time constraints they have on them. Definitely bring a LED torch and look carefully inside the wheel drum

1 - 4 of 4 Posts