Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks, the car goes in for its second service soon. Following my quick inspection of the tyres indications are, after 30,650 miles and this thing called winter is coming, they may need replacing.

Currently on Pirelli Scorpion Verde (255/40 R20 101V), may just continue with these but thought I'd check in with the forum. Any news on those Michelin CrossClimates? Is there big love for Continental Contacts or Yokohamas ? Should one venture into the world of Goodyear Eagle F1 or investigate alternative Pirelli's like there P-Zeros?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
OEM Contis wore very fast on mine. Had them changed last week to the recently-introduced Pirelli Powergy (about £20 more each than Verdes). Rated quieter and better wet grip. They certainly seem quieter but it'll be another 20,000 miles before I can offer a considered verdict. I think I must be an early adopter, as not come across anyone else using them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
As per the other thread. I spent months looking into putting all seasons on my 255 40 20 wheels. The bottom line is the Michelin all seasons are Porsche only and not to be used on other cars. The vredestein all season were out of stock. Today I got the Scorpian Verde summer tyres put on.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Tammma said:
Anastiebyte...I wonder why Porsche only? A tyre is a tyre?
That was my thoughts. I even rang a VW dealer in the Scottish Highlands thinking they would have more call to use all season. He rang VW head office and was told no to using the Michelin Porsche fitment.

·
Registered
135 Posts
These are the current VW homologated recommendations, but probably just reflect what is fitted at the factory for use in various regions around the world for the various sizes

Font Material property Parallel Pattern Number

Font Parallel Circle Pattern Number

Font Material property Parallel Pattern Circle

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
To be clear, is there a regular Scorpion Verde and then a Scorpion Verde all season? Is that two different models of the same tyre with one presumably more expensive than the other?

Thanks @phope that is a very useful table. Mind you, those are "VW recommended" tyres only...there is no reason you cant whack a Michelin PS4 on the 255/40R20 size. Plenty of owners do from time to time.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Post service they say the fronts still have a few thousand miles before the need to replace them …I think I’ll be sticking with Pirelli Scorpion Verde when that day arrives!

·
Registered
731 Posts
I am on stock conti's and will be moving over to the allseason verdes. We are moving to a place in quite a hilly area and so I want an allseason tyre for the winter ahead.

My original thought was to just move to PS4's but those hills have changed the equation somewhat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts