Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on changing the colour of the mirror covers when my white R-Line arrives, however most people seem to go for black which I'm not a massive fan of.

Looking at the mirrors on the Tiguan, both the R-Line and R seem to have the same mirror housings, however I much prefer the look of the 'metal' covers from the R.

Where can I purchase these as looking at the VW accessorie pages I can't find them.

Do them come pre-painted silver / metallic, or do I need to do this?

Thanks

Scott

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,404 Posts
Cheers. Never thought of somewhere like that. Says 17 / 18 reg. I'm guessing the mirrors weren't redesigned during the facelift?
Found another thread about this, forgot about the cutout for side assist if you're getting it. So those won't fit

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found another thread about this, forgot about the cutout for side assist if you're getting it. So those won't fit
Good point. The car does have side assist. Maybe the best bet is a trip to vw parts desk.

·
Registered
R Line Tech 1.5tsi dsg in Deep Pearl Black
113 Posts
And do you think for 1 minute the lease company would have any idea the mirror covers are different. I can assure they wouldn’t.
I think you will find and I’m afraid the lease company will know if there are any changes made to the standard spec of the car, when a car is returned to the lease company the likes of BCA come to collect it on behalf of the lease company and check things over with a fine tooth comb and will report back any discrepancies and then if there are there is a possibility the lease company may charge you to rectify said item

·
Registered
Allspace R line 245 Tsi 4motion DSG
2,404 Posts
I think you will find and I’m afraid the lease company will know if there are any changes made to the standard spec of the car, when a car is returned to the lease company the likes of BCA come to collect it on behalf of the lease company and check things over with a fine tooth comb and will report back any discrepancies and then if there are there is a possibility the lease company may charge you to rectify said item
That being said, my previous Tig was collected last week by BCA, it had some paint chips, ding on the front passenger door, ding on the boot lid and a chunk out of one tyre.
It got signed off as 'perfect' Grade A. I was expecting to pay for the issues being sorted, but nada

·
Registered
113 Posts
That being said, my previous Tig was collected last week by BCA, it had some paint chips, ding on the front passenger door, ding on the boot lid and a chunk out of one tyre.
It got signed off as 'perfect' Grade A. I was expecting to pay for the issues being sorted, but nada
Yeah I don’t doubt you for a second but I guess it can depend who conducts the inspection and a lot of things can construed as wear and tear as there will always be that, but changing something from the original spec might be more noticeable, if in this case he painted the mirror caps silver then painted them back to the original colour before returning no one would be any the wiser, just a thought

·
Registered
120 Posts
you will never guess what I do for a living. Collect end of lease cars all over N.Ireland. I do work for a lot of different lease companies.

·
Registered
113 Posts
you will never guess what I do for a living. Collect end of lease cars all over N.Ireland. I do work for a lot of different lease companies.
And I have worked for SEAT,Skoda and VW handing lease cars back to BCA collectors plus my own Ateca when I voluntary terminated my finance agreement, like in all walks of life things are done differently from place to place and from time to time

·
Registered
120 Posts
And I have worked for SEAT,Skoda and VW handing lease cars back to BCA collectors plus my own Ateca when I voluntary terminated my finance agreement, like in all walks of life things are done differently from place to place and from time to time
we all work of the same hymn sheet we are all NAMA inspectors. All using the same sort of inspection systems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts