Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has experience with white leather seats and kids? Also, having clothes such as jeans?

I ordered the black ones as a father of two kids thinking they will be easier to take care of, but i really like the white one better.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I specced mine with white (or Storm Grey as I think they're called - they're white in reality) because I wanted a light interior and, at the time I ordered mine last July, it was the only way to get a light interior in the SEL.

I don't have kids but I do a fair amount of walking so am in and out of the car in muddy boots. The seats themselves are pretty OK with jeans and other things which might stain them. However, the white panels tend to attract dirt a little more freely. They're easy enough to clean off but if you have young children, I'd prepare myself for all sorts of visible scuffs. I'd keep one of those Doktor Power sponges handy. It's really good for cleaning marks of car seat leather.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sell the kids and stop wearing trousers, then you can enjoy White seats as god intended

Being serious, I love white / cream interiors, but have been advised by several people that the hassle of keeping them clean in a daily driver w/ kids outweighs the benefits. It' not impossible to keep clean, but is a constant effort as even the slightest marks will show up. I went for the black cloth in the end (we have 2 car seats and didn't want to dent/scuff leather)

·
Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
3,584 Posts
I see the white/cream leather easier to keep clean than a white car! :lol: :lol:

Steve

·
Registered
238 Posts
Seat covers....on the rears, at least?????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts