Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Who will be keeping their car long term

10K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Lawrie 
Yes, I plan to retire in 3 yrs at 60, i'm hoping this will be a long term car to tour the UK coast roads once I retire.
The plan is to buy it with part of my retirement fund unless the figures don't stack up, or I may just buy one final big car.

Terrier1964 said:
Hi All

I owned an Audi A4 bought brand new in 2005 - kept it until 2016 - 11 years service 93000 miles - looked after it - paid for and all mine

Have just got a new R line - 2016 - paid for - all mine
This will be kept for 10 years - and money put aside to buy another new car in 10 years.....

I work this way as I hate paying for credit on money which is essentially my savings that some bank has decided to loan back to me.....and I am a firm believer that if you have worked hard to save for it you will look after it .....maybe old fashioned but just brought up that way :)

Decided on a diesel even I only do 8-9k a year.....not worried about the DPF these days as it is set in a better position on the exhaust line and burns far more efficiently. Plus I always did a quick 50 mile blast once every 6 weeks in my Audi and it never sooted up.....

I absolutely love this new car.....so much in fact I look for excuses to drive somewhere to do or get something.....problem is I now have 38 light bulbs - 15 packets or razor blades and more tins of peas that I will ever use.....(sad but true) - I would recommend my Tiguan to anyone.....yes a little more expensive than some SUV's but a fabulous car to drive and own.
Don't you get bored? By year three I'm looking for a change and once it's in my head it usually happens.
Nice way to get value for money though, I'd be happy if I can keep this on 10yrs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.