Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says really, You dont have to post your age bracket that you are, but it would be interesting to hear why you chose the model Tig you did..
Im 55, and chose the R line as we fell in love with it in the showroom.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just turned 49 - wife liked the old tiguan - never did myself - we agreed on an SUV due to her having some back problems...In past as well as discovery also had porshe 944 turbo cab and Z4.(all second hand) ...thus trying to match best of both worlds..wanted an SUV that looks sporty and can't afford the Porsche Macan :)

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Early 60's here and a somewhat 'large' lad, hence my move from a golf back to an SUV, and the Tiguan fitted the bill perfectly, in particular the comfortable SEL complete with a host of extra gadgets and gizmos to suit a confirmed 'gadgeaholic' :D

Steve

·
Registered
52 Posts
28 here. I am first and foremost a practical man. I liked the look of the vehicle and was waiting for the new upgraded Tiguan for awhile. Been following it since January this year when it was first unveiled. Living in Iceland a 4WD car is not required but it makes things so much easier and the Tiguan checked all the boxes me and my wife wanted. Probably looked at every other same sized car on the market and this was the only one that came close to what I wanted in a car (other then the MB GLC, which was too expensive imo). Ordered mine October 3rd, delivery in eary January 2017.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
:oops: :lol: :D 1956 baby (60 next month Nov)...... Have had LR defender, + 2 Discoverys, (servicing dear, reliability issuses....shame really) then stopped caravanning for a bit so didn't need a tow vehicle. Then moved to VW had Touran then a Golf (Customer care, service, reliability & everything else about VW brilliant) ....Then moved to Audi A3 sportback 2.0 Tdi 170ps S-Tronic loved the car, no issues in reliability, but Customer care and workmanship ie minor tweaks & servicing 'Absoulutely Diabolical'..... Now gone back to caravanning as all the children have grown up & moved on.... So as we have always liked & had excellent service from VW it was a no-brainer to get another VW. Luckily for us the new Tiguan SUV had arrived on the scene and can do everything we need it to do, ie........get in & out in comfort, size, towing weight, and + off-road, snow, ability. :D

·
Registered
261 Posts
56, bad back live on a hill in the peak district. Moved from an A3, wanted a car that was more of a step into rather than lower into, the 4x4 comes in handy when we have snow. Also plan to retire in the next three years and wanted a comfy car that provides enough space to tour the country when i retire and serve as a long term car.

Why the SEL, it has all the kit in a standard spec, good comfy seats with nice fabric, liked the wheels, preferred it over a dated Q3, didn't really like the BMW. Did like the Evoque but lack of discount and reviews on the owners club forum scared be off.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yetirider said:
56, bad back live on a hill in the peak district. Moved from an A3, wanted a car that was more of a step into rather than lower into, the 4x4 comes in handy when we have snow. Also plan to retire in the next three years and wanted a comfy car that provides enough space to tour the country when i retire and serve as a long term car.

Why the SEL, it has all the kit in a standard spec, good comfy seats with nice fabric, liked the wheels, preferred it over a dated Q3, didn't really like the BMW. Did like the Evoque but lack of discount and reviews on the owners club forum scared be off.
It was the same with us with the Evoque, Reading up scared us off as well

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yep.....same thoughts here...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I just thought it was too expensive :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
I like the look of the evoque...it genuinely looks way cooler than the rest of the SUVS on the market...that was until I saw the R line....then I thought, wow that's even prettier.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Loved the look of the new Tiguan ever since I heard it was coming and the timing has worked out right due to my health problems ,am 56 next wk .
Needed something easier to get in and out of due to back issues ,really miss the power of my golf r but it was a necessity that it had to go .
Would have liked the r line but the lack of colours put me off as have had white and silver in the last couple of cars plus the larger wheels don't offer much comfort which is why I dropped down to the sel and the 19s and I like the alcantara interior better than the standard r line .
I love alloys but one of my pet hates is the low profile tyres where you feel every little bump and cut in the rd and the 50 profile on the 19s are like riding on cushions , used to think the michelins on my partners citroen cactus were ok but after getting my car it's like riding on solid tyres in her motor .
I know I do low mileage ,about 5-6kyr but am surprised there are as many going for the 2.0tsi although it does need a bit more hp , always knew it would after driving a remapped golf r for 18 months but I will find a way ?
Never had as many people come up to me saying lovely colour so must have done something right , just a shame there doesn't seem to be many about round here but it does make me feel a little special :lol: .

·
Registered
135 Posts
44 and coming from Audi had considered the Q3 which drove well but very dated inside, then the Q2 which not having seen in the flesh worked out 4k dearer than the Tig spec for spec, A3 Saloon S-Line but had various A3's for the last 7 years and the wife fancied the higher drive position and finally the Seat Ateca but having not seen it and offered a great deal on the Tig it was a no brainer to order the SEL, which I have had for 8 days no and absolutely love it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
55 Have had a string of tiguans Good compromise on spec build quality and price. . The latest one still has scratchy plastics but it feels solid, the doors are heavier. I did look at BMW Jag Lexus and lots of others but still wanted the Tig still seemed a good compromise. They have always felt secure and comfortable in the winter like last year constant rain for months and I've got my heated seats back this time., I've missed them. This ones got some flexibility with the different 4wd modes. I also wanted to see what the latest tech was like with lane assist, traffic jam assist etc. The tigs have been 100 percent reliable.

·
Registered
94 Posts
39 and went for the R Line. Our baby human arrived a few days before I took delivery of the Tig, hence the order. Came from an S Line A3 - loved that car but not practical for the pram etc. The Tig offered such good value with all the latest tech - and looks the business. Loving the car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Came from an A3 sportback. Had been looking at a4 avants, q3, q5, all ticked most of the boxes but not quite enough to motivate me to shift the A3 on which has been a brilliant car. Started looking at Mercedes (cheap interiors let down great looking cars) and then happened to get an email with a Tiguan r line pictured. Went to the dealer and couldn't believe vw had come up with such a great looking and imposing looking car. Didn't like the old Tiguan and most vw's since the mk5 r32, gti era. But the r line I've purchased purely on looks and equipment (panoramic roof, heated seats, half leather, radar cruise, led lights etc etc). I'm losing a lot of performance but for the first time ever I'm not bothered. Wife's car for fun, Tiguan for comfy cruising.

35 this week. Whist I can appreciate the merits of the rest of the range, it's the r line package that has pulled me back to vw, something I'm reading about a lot. Looks like a smaller Range Rover/x5 rather than the jacked up bubbly golf the previous model looked like. (Nice car just something I'd never considered)

That's if mine ever arrives...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Awaiting delivery of my tig in a few weeks.

46 - we have a one year old and coming from a seat Leon which just wasn't big enough with the additional stuff needed. Also had a few spinal surgeries so wanted something more practical and easier when back plays up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was running two cars until earlier this year an older Ford Focus and a newer Mercedes SLK I bought as a fun car.

Then partially due to the economics of keeping two car on the road but :oops: mainly due to putting the SLK on its roof after a sudden hail storm (Category B write off)

I decided to have one vehicle with AWD ability. saying that I hated almost every SUV I test drove (Kia sportage felt like SAILING :lol: ) then due to its driving dynamics I plumped for the Tiguan

Early 50's BTW

1 - 20 of 32 Posts