Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with my problem please.
On my Mark one Tiguan I was able to open and close the windows when outside the car by pressing and holding down the unlock or lock button on my remote key fob.
I am unable to do this in my new mark 2 Tiguan!
Does anyone know whether we still have this facility as it seems strange that VW should take this option away.
This was great in the summer when I would open all the car windows whilst in my house to let fresh air in before getting into the car!
It may be me and I am doing something wrong 馃槉

Registered
Mine has this feature and works...

Registered
Mine also has this feature. It has three different settings being none, just drivers side or all. You can find the selection in one of the settings on the menu

Registered
I only discovered this a while back. Hold the unlock button and the windows go down. You can let go of the button at any time to stop the windows partially open or hold it til they go all the way down. Great feature!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone I will go out and play around with the settings menu and report back. I thought it strange that VW would have taken this function away!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to report back, been out to the car and changed the settings so that the windows will open and close using the remote key fob just like my old Tiguan did 馃槉.
Thank you everyone for your invaluable advice

Registered
After reading this, I went out and enabled the option on mine! Very useful now it's starting to heat up a bit!

Registered
I did read somewhere that you can include the panoramic roof in that as well - is that right?

Registered
Bhuna said:
I did read somewhere that you can include the panoramic roof in that as well - is that right?
Trying to get my sunroof to close with windows but no joy yet. Could do it on my MK1, probably me being a numpty. :roll: :roll:

Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
I may be wrong here, but it's been mentioned before that including the panoramic roof in the convenience closing is not an option.
I believe it may be possible using VCDS and the correct codes, but that's something I know little about, although there are some on here who seem to be proficient in VCDS. Maybe one will be along with a definitive answer.

Steve

Registered
Found a copy of SEL manual to read through and found this (answering my own question), so looks like it can happen:

View attachment 970

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Bhuna said:
I am not sure I didn't see that option in the settings menu when I changed it to have all the windows opening or closing. Maybe I am wrong I will have another look next time I am in the car or better still I might read the manual - I haven't even opened the book yet!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bhuna said:
Found a copy of SEL manual to read through and found this (answering my own question), so looks like it can happen:

Capture.JPG
Ah thanks for that Bhuna that has saved me from getting the manual out!
Mind you with the amount of cherry blossom swilling around outside at the moment I might not have the roof opening just yet whilst it is parked on my drive!

Registered
I have failed to get any joy with the dealership on this matter.... but it did state in the advertising. that this was a feature. Perhaps a group action direct to vw. might get their attention

Registered
Hi folks,

I've searched the forum for this and cannot find anything about the subject,so here goes.馃檪

On my previous Car which was a Golf GTD you were able to open all the windows via the key fob,but it does not seem to work on my Tig SEL with comfort/boot opening is it a case it just does not work or does it have to be coded.馃馃

Thanks in advance.馃檪

Registered
2016 (MY17) 2.0l Tsi SEL
There is a setting in the car menu on the Infotainment system for convenience opening and closing of windows.
Have a look in there! ;)

Steve

Super Moderator
Topic merged as covered on previous topic to help others.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts