Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone had to have a new windscreen ? i have just booked mine in for a replacement and was told that the adas camera will require a recalibration at a additional cost of £220 not covered by insurance. any one know anything about this please advise also never had a screen replaced b4 what to look out for.

·
Registered
463 Posts
chris williamson said:
anyone had to have a new windscreen ? i have just booked mine in for a replacement and was told that the adas camera will require a recalibration at a additional cost of £220 not covered by insurance. any one know anything about this please advise also never had a screen replaced b4 what to look out for.
Make sure its a genuine vw screen to maintain warranty in case of issues such as water ingress.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Beagler said:
chris williamson said:
Make sure its a genuine vw screen to maintain warranty in case of issues such as water ingress.
If the windscreen is replace there will be no factory warranty on it, any future water ingress would need to be rectified by the fitter.

It would be best for the dealership to replace the windscreen, how ever you will more than likely find that they will sublet it to Autoglass or a company like them.

But Beagler is right insist on a genuine VW windscreen that way problems will be reduced

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just replaced windscreen ( a small stone chip turned into a crack) at dealership. Genuine, insurance covered, including camera calibrated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts