Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Looks very nice FTT, I get my cars done locally and not with VW dealer crap. Will be taking my new Tig to detailers the day after I get it, they will remove all contaminants, machine all imperfections out and then seal with high end product. And for half the price VW will charge for chucking on some rubbish sealer without firstly cleansing the bodywork, so waste of money. The guy I use has asked if I can collect the car without dealer touching it but they have to prep as part of the handover seremony.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Rallyan69

Looks like you are fellow caravaner, interesting to know how you get on with towing. I have a MK1 RLine DSG that I tow a 1600wt with at present and it copes really well. So hoping the MK2 will be even better

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I use local detailer much better work and cheaper also :D

Timbo said:
Looks very nice FTT, I get my cars done locally and not with VW dealer crap. Will be taking my new Tig to detailers the day after I get it, they will remove all contaminants, machine all imperfections out and then seal with high end product. And for half the price VW will charge for chucking on some rubbish sealer without firstly cleansing the bodywork, so waste of money. The guy I use has asked if I can collect the car without dealer touching it but they have to prep as part of the handover seremony.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Defo agree there Timbo the local guy I use says the same and like you say alot cheaper and a far better job, got to get mine done yet though i must admit I've been a bit slow this year to sort it. Although I did half a job myself the week I got it. ;)

·
Registered
432 Posts
Rallyan69 said:
Sorry it's a Motorhome So drives it's self 180bhp fiat Ducato
HaHa wouldn't want to be towing that then.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Does anyone wax the underneath. The dealer will show you a video of underneath at service and for some it wont be pretty. :roll:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I actually made a market research today for a Ceramic protection coat 9H which is the best protection at the market right now. Its around €700-€1000 :shock: full inside out plus the alloy wheels and it go up to €1500. The price depends on how many layers of coat protection you wish to have on. Its from 1-10.
Wow thats a lot of money :eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.