Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Loving my R Line. I like apple CarPlay, so I've loaded my iPhone with tunes, and like using apple Maps as it looks better than the standard sat nav. Using Siri is great too.

Does anyone know when wireless CarPlay is available and whether the Tig supports it? Or will it be a software update? Or maybe not compatible at all?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,543 Posts
Hi Paul, have a look at this site. It's pretty good at keeping up to date with all things Carplay, and there's an article about wireless Carplay as well.
http://www.carplaylife.com

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
Add Apple Music and CarPlay gets even better for £10 a month, if you listen to your own library just fill an SD card with your music and shove it in the spare SD slot. You can also add the TuneIn radio app.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Essjay said:
Hi Paul, have a look at this site. It's pretty good at keeping up to date with all things Carplay, and there's an article about wireless Carplay as well.
http://www.carplaylife.com

Steve
Thanks Steve - guess it's a waiting game then!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
yetirider said:
Add Apple Music and CarPlay gets even better for £10 a month, if you listen to your own library just fill an SD card with your music and shove it in the spare SD slot. You can also add the TuneIn radio app.
Any SD card 'Yetirider' or would it be best getting a VW one :?: Could I then use the SD card to play my playlists save me using my mp3 as my phone is not compatible to show my playlists. If so it would free up some space for me in the front.....Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
stumpy said:
yetirider said:
Add Apple Music and CarPlay gets even better for £10 a month, if you listen to your own library just fill an SD card with your music and shove it in the spare SD slot. You can also add the TuneIn radio app.
Any SD card 'Yetirider' or would it be best getting a VW one :?: Could I then use the SD card to play my playlists save me using my mp3 as my phone is not compatible to show my playlists. If so it would free up some space for me in the front.....Thanks
Any SD card should do, should also display the album art if it in the correct format, Just select SD2 from media assuming the san nav is in SD1 slot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,459 Posts
Thank's 'yetirider' I will give it a go :) thank-you :p
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top