Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems the executive packet was upgraded (and cost increased :) ) to include wireless charging (Qi) for phone in the front cubby hole in front of the gear stick..... does anyone have any experience with this? is it just a gimmick or is it a useful addition?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Not sure if that's an option on uk cars it's not on VW website but it does show on the car wow website as an option for £325 . Which for me is very expensive for what seems like a fancy way to charge your phone. I don't think I would go for it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For me it was sort of forced - they added it to the basic. Discover Media package - so if you wanted sat nav you had to get it...it came with USB in center arm rest along with a shelf for phone and the wireless this - for an additional 260 euros...apparently they made this modification to cars built from July onwards (again maybe only europe)

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
So Jon, I assume this now means that while you are wirelessly charging your phone you will be unable to use the 'App connect' facility such as 'CarPlay' or Mirrorlink, or indeed VW's Carnet, as these do not work wirelessly, and require you to connect your phone via the usb connector in the console in front of the gearlever?.

Steve

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi steve,

Didn't actually go for the app connect... if it gets really good reviews I might get it retro fitted...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I find Q1 recharge plate nothing more the OK. You need to USB contact your phone for the other applications and that charges your phone anyway.
If you have your phone in a case, (such as mine is) you need to take it out of the case each time to contact charge it. The space were contact charge is behind the gear stick is the only place to chuck your bits and pieces , such as coins, or other keys. sunglasses ( with a metal frame) dont as the handbook says they will get hot. (Btw: no sunglasses holder in the new Tig as in the previous version, shame, I found that very useful)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts