Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Does your DRL lights front and rear come on when you unlock the car in the daytime?

Mine did on my GTD and I swear when I got my R-Line yesterday the Tiguan did.... only today it doesn't. I have messed with a lot of settings but cant find one for that now, all the light unctions are on.

Hmm!
Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
352 Posts
Rich, I would say: read the ..... manual ;) , especially Coming Home and Leaving Home function.

Manual says:

Leaving Home function is controlled automatically by a rain/light sensor.
So essentially it works only if your Tig thinks is dark outside which nowadays can be even during the day. That's why it sometimes works and sometimes doesn;t during the winter days.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Bigal said:
Think drls are only on the front not the rear but should still come on in daylight .
Rears lights only come on when you switch sidelights or higher on .
Bigal,
Rich was not asking about standard DRL functionality but Coming/Leaving Home functionality i.e.

when you unlock the car in the daytime

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
I think there seems to be some confusion as to exactly what Rich was asking :?:
Maybe he could clarify for us all.

Steve

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for not being clear! Yes I was asking if the DRLs should come on when I unlock the car. The answer seems to be no.

All the lights come on when you unlock it and the light is low but none come on if the light is good. I just love the look of them and as they are only on when I'm in it don't get the chance so would have liked them to come on when I unlocked. Oh well :)

Maybe VCDS tweaks could do it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.