Tiguan GTI

Post pictures of your Tiguan here
Ads17

Tiguan GTI

Post by Ads17 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:05 pm

Well since VW never officially made a Tiguan GTI I have decided to build my own :D

First port of call was to sort out the suspension, now fitted with KW DCC Coilovers.
Such an improvement over the stock suspension, cornering has improved, body roll is reduced and it actually rides nicer than stock IMO.
Got a few more miles to do to ensure it is fully settled prior to getting the ADAS re-calibrated.

I have also tinted the front fogs yellow with Lamin X to give it a splash of colour at the front (needs a clean though!)

2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 230ps - OEM+
KW DCC Coilovers
Yellow fog light tints

carib230sel

Re: Tiguan GTI

Post by carib230sel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Looks great. What's the min/max drop and what have you got it at ?

Tell me more about the ride, particularly short sharp stuff like cats' eyes and pothole edges: harsher/softer ? I imagine weight shifting under braking and cornering is a lot better ?

Which of the damper modes works best with the KW for typical crappy UK B-roads ?

2019 230tsi SEL 4motion inc HUD, Keyless, Progressive Steering, Eton UG speakers.

Ads17

Post by Ads17 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:55 pm

The kit has a min/max drop of FA: 35-55mm RA:30-55mm. Mine is down -45mm, arch gaps should now be the same as a stock mk7 Golf R for comparison.

I haven't really played around with the different damper modes yet, waiting until it is fully settled. It is currently set in DCC Normal mode and it is absolutely fine for everything the UK roads can throw at it, very OEM characteristics to it and I still have the option to go to Comfort or Sport if needed.
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 230ps - OEM+
KW DCC Coilovers
Yellow fog light tints

Russboy

Post by Russboy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:18 pm

Ouch, just seen the price of the KW's!

Think I could only justify spending that if my existing were shot and I was out of warranty!

A fellow Tiguan owner thought mine was lowered when I went to buy something off if them. I think it was the running boards that give it that look, so would prob look really good on yours to visually have the effect of making it look lower still.
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 petrol 230ps with running boards, Blackvue DR750S-2CH, Maxton design front splitter and rear spoiler extension, TPMS, Heads up display, Swivelling Tow Bar, fully lined boot for protection from the hounds!

john.oldfield.uk

Post by john.oldfield.uk » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:11 am

looks awesome , and a clean debadged rear end too