Full Detailing of my Tig1...Feels like new

Post pictures of your Tiguan here
AlanH

Re: Full Detailing of my Tig1...Feels like new

Post by AlanH » Fri May 03, 2019 8:30 am

if you wana spend a lot of notes and wont miss it could be but i'm too tight to and also wouldn't want anyone else touching it so i know it's done properly.

Everyone is different, i actually enjoy cleaning my car, i also look upon it as i pay for it so should also take the time to look after it almost a responsibility.

Everyone has different levels of cleaning, i am OCD on mine and spend a lot of time on it at least once a week

@farecla G3 i've used prob no end out there, just stick to brands and you'll be fine.
White R-Line 150 SWB DSG 4Motion
Ordered First week of April
First went missing and still is so put on different order
Build week Confirmed 10th Sept
Arrived at Dealers
Docs Signed awaiting delivery date

Savvas

Post by Savvas » Fri May 03, 2019 9:06 am

stephendutton63 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 7:15 am
Would it not be a more efficient use of your time to pay someone to do that for you
Looks really good but a day you won't get back :?:
Maybe more efficient but definitely more costly too. They charge around €300 for full detailing polish and wax whereas I bought the products for total €80 and I already used them for 3 detailing sessions. So cost wise is so much lower. The best part however is the pleasure and satisfaction at the end ...it is priceless for those who like doing this on their own. Its either you like it or not...and afford it too. There is no right or wrong.
Anyway My next detailing is scheduled before winter time...around beginning of November
VW TIGUAN Highline 2.0 TDi DSG - Indium Grey

Supa Koopa

Post by Supa Koopa » Fri May 03, 2019 9:53 am

Savvas wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:06 am
stephendutton63 wrote:
Would it not be a more efficient use of your time to pay someone to do that for you
Maybe more efficient but definitely more costly too. They charge around €300 for full detailing polish and wax whereas I bought the products for total €80 and I already used them for 3 detailing sessions. So cost wise is so much lower. The best part however is the pleasure and satisfaction at the end ...it is priceless for those who like doing this on their own. Its either you like it or not...and afford it too. There is no right or wrong.
Anyway My next detailing is scheduled before winter time...around beginning of November
A full detail, to include decon, 1 stage correction and protection at anywhere decent would easily be £400 and with a ceramic coating could be more like £700. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of spare cash to just throw away so I do the detailing myself. Recently I spent 6.5 hours cleaning my car and the wifes took 9 hours. This involved, wash, de-tar, fallout removal, clay bar, wash, dry, one stage machine polish with Car Pro Essence and then finished with a sealant. Wheels were thoroughly cleaned with a fallout remover dried and sealed.

This happens twice a year and the car is washed every weekend. My cars shine like new and are kept swirl free. I'd love to be able to pay someone to do it but economically it's just not possible. I also hate seeing swirls, holograms and paint defects so I just couldn't trust anyone else to clean my car as I see what they do to them. So to me this amount of time spent seems perfectly normal. :)

My dealer is under instruction to not clean the Tig when it arrives and just deliver it to me as is. I'd only have to fix the damage they would inflict anyway. :)

Savvas

Post by Savvas » Fri May 03, 2019 10:20 am

AlanH wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 8:30 am
if you wana spend a lot of notes and wont miss it could be but i'm too tight to and also wouldn't want anyone else touching it so i know it's done properly.

Everyone is different, i actually enjoy cleaning my car, i also look upon it as i pay for it so should also take the time to look after it almost a responsibility.

Everyone has different levels of cleaning, i am OCD on mine and spend a lot of time on it at least once a week

@farecla G3 i've used prob no end out there, just stick to brands and you'll be fine.
AlanH thanks for the tip...actually I made my search and had Farecla G3 in mind and its good that you now confirm this brand and its quality....Will get it asap.
Same here I find a lot of pleasure and I enjoy cleaning my car

chrisb

Post by chrisb » Fri May 03, 2019 3:15 pm

Supa Koopa wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:53 am
Savvas wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:06 am
stephendutton63 wrote:
A full detail, to include decon, 1 stage correction and protection at anywhere decent would easily be £400 and with a ceramic coating could be more like £700. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of spare cash to just throw away so I do the detailing myself. Recently I spent 6.5 hours cleaning my car and the wifes took 9 hours. This involved, wash, de-tar, fallout removal, clay bar, wash, dry, one stage machine polish with Car Pro Essence and then finished with a sealant. Wheels were thoroughly cleaned with a fallout remover dried and sealed.

This happens twice a year and the car is washed every weekend. My cars shine like new and are kept swirl free. I'd love to be able to pay someone to do it but economically it's just not possible. I also hate seeing swirls, holograms and paint defects so I just couldn't trust anyone else to clean my car as I see what they do to them. So to me this amount of time spent seems perfectly normal. :)

My dealer is under instruction to not clean the Tig when it arrives and just deliver it to me as is. I'd only have to fix the damage they would inflict anyway. :)
WOW! That’s impressive, I like to keep our cars clean but probably not to that extent. Hope you will put some nice pics on here after you have detailed your new arrival :D
2019 SE-NAV 2WD TDI 150PS MANUAL IN TUNGSTEN SILVER, TITAN BLACK
VIENNA LEATHER.

Kugaman1

Post by Kugaman1 » Sat May 04, 2019 7:29 am

Savvas wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:27 pm
Kugaman1 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:05 pm
+1 for clay mitt.....

after years of using clambers, Im a total clay mitt convert!
Kugaman1 & AlanH any good quality brands for Clay mitt to suggest ?
Go to halfords and get a Farecla G3 mitt for £15. You wont regret it and it will last for a full de-clay of at least half a dozen cars.
Silver R Line Tech 230.....2.0TSi with Dynaudio, sidescan and TPMS as options.Lovely Jubbly

Savvas

Post by Savvas » Tue May 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Kugaman1 wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 7:29 am
Savvas wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:27 pm
Kugaman1 wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 2:05 pm
+1 for clay mitt.....

after years of using clambers, Im a total clay mitt convert!
Kugaman1 & AlanH any good quality brands for Clay mitt to suggest ?
Go to halfords and get a Farecla G3 mitt for £15. You wont regret it and it will last for a full de-clay of at least half a dozen cars.
Guys since you have been using clay mitt for some time now, I would appreciate to tell me know what is the best way to use the clay mitt? With A good detailer or water with shampoo or both ?
Thank you!

Kugaman1

Post by Kugaman1 » Tue May 07, 2019 5:21 pm

Don’t waste your money on detailer spray with the mitt.
Wash the car with soapy water (a snow foam is best if you have the gear) ....rinse off, then wash/snow foam again and then go over it with the mitt, using forwards and backwards strokes.
Keep dipping the mitt into a bucket of soapy water to remove contaminants.
You will feel the resistance initially as the mitt picks up the debris, but it will get smoother and smoother as you continue. Remember to keep dipping the mitt into the bucket of soapy water.
Once no more resistance is felt, go to the next panel.
Once done, rinse the car off and dry then apply a good quality ceramic coat/sealant/wax whatever suits!
Silver R Line Tech 230.....2.0TSi with Dynaudio, sidescan and TPMS as options.Lovely Jubbly

Savvas

Post by Savvas » Wed May 08, 2019 8:04 am

Kugaman1 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 5:21 pm
Don’t waste your money on detailer spray with the mitt.
Wash the car with soapy water (a snow foam is best if you have the gear) ....rinse off, then wash/snow foam again and then go over it with the mitt, using forwards and backwards strokes.
Keep dipping the mitt into a bucket of soapy water to remove contaminants.
You will feel the resistance initially as the mitt picks up the debris, but it will get smoother and smoother as you continue. Remember to keep dipping the mitt into the bucket of soapy water.
Once no more resistance is felt, go to the next panel.
Once done, rinse the car off and dry then apply a good quality ceramic coat/sealant/wax whatever suits!
Kugaman1 many thanks for your promt and detailed instructions and Tips. VERY HELPFULL...Much appreciated really !!
I will let you know how it goes 👍

Kugaman1

Post by Kugaman1 » Wed May 08, 2019 9:00 am

4935381E-D68F-48AA-BAAF-12E0D6F9A9FF.jpeg

This was mine 6 months after ceramic coating it.
Another 7 months later and it still looks as good.

Return to “Members Gallery”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.