Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

So here it is my Tiguan R-line

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Tammma 
#1 ·
It's been a while, I had been in this forum a while back but totally forgot my details of both username and password.

Anyway, I got this a couple of years ago now, since Covid hit it sits in the garage most of the time. However being that I'm in Germany there are a few differences in comparison to the same car in the UK.

So here it is in Deep Black Pearl. 1 year left on the warranty and is due a service soon. Once the warranty is up I'm thinking a few minor upgrades can be done but doing them will be difficult due to German laws, so a quick trip back to the UK when things reopen and ignore the restrictions German laws demand when upgrading. Exhaust, rear light cluster for the new 2021 type with dynamic indicators, air filter and a tune so that the sport mode give me a bit more HP and torque but not much maybe 20 horses more so I have 200 instead of the 180 I currently have and a new inter cooler.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Pre facelift tiguan is so much better than the facelift one. No fake exhausts, and the front looks so much better. Black is one of the best colors, but it's a pain to keep clean and if you re living in a hot country like i am, it's a nightmare during the summer. Very nice.

#3 ·
Quite agree Fenderiaris, though the diesel has fake exhaust the 2.0 TSi 4 motion has nice metal pipes you can actually see. Though I have seen some ones available by Friedrich that I'm considering and are TUV compliant so hopefully the German motor laws allow me to add them on.

Washing is easy as long as you do it correct, though I'm considering after Covid is over doing a PPF covering to protect it after a detail but no ceramic except the wheels and arches. I want to make washing simpler and I'm going to give the underside a coating of atom Mac and some other rust inhibitors by bilt Hamber to make some components and subframe last longer, I keep it in the garage but I want to keep the car as long as possible.

Attachments

#6 ·
I believe you have to buy the diffuser with the fake exhausts from the R-Line diesel. The exhaust area then unclip from the main diffuser leaving the area for the twin exhaust system. Though I will check on my car if the other side unclips to save the hassle of buying another part I don't want to necessarily pay for.

#7 ·
I think if you have the 240bitdi or 230tsi you get the twin fake diffuser rear where you can pop out the holes for actual quad exhausts

The 180,/190ps and below has a single slot cut out of the RLine diffuser on the LHS. I don't fancy cutting plastic on the RHS...it'll never look as good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.