Squeaky chair

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
DH88

Squeaky chair

Post by DH88 » Tue May 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Anyone else noticed noises coming from their seats?

My drivers seat squeaks when pressure is put on the back rest including any time accelerating.

It sounds like a squeaky spring... But how do you access them to grease?

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Essjay

Re: Squeaky chair

Post by Essjay » Tue May 08, 2018 8:20 pm

If you were to put your details in your signature we would know what model, seat type etc. that you have.
Not had any squeaks from my seats though.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

DH88

Post by DH88 » Tue May 08, 2018 8:32 pm

Sorry forgot the important details.

2018 SEL (non-leather)

Splont

Post by Splont » Wed May 09, 2018 9:54 am

Mine is like this. For a while it has made a short sharp creak noise when I lent into corners. Booked it in this week for dealer to take a look as managed to recreate it on a drive with them the other week. Fortunately over weekend the wife changed seat position and it got worse making the noises you mentioned as well so at least it was more obvious to them.

They called me this morning to say they have ordered a new seat base, but as it is a back order they don't know when it will arrive. So picking up car tonight and waiting till it arrives.
1.5 R-Line Tech - Pure White

DH88

Post by DH88 » Wed May 23, 2018 5:50 pm

While stuck in traffic earlier I was able to investigate a little and the squeak seems to be coming from the left hand side of the drivers seat base, underneath the seat belt. I could feel the metal creeking whilst rocking back and forth on the chair

Spinny

Post by Spinny » Thu May 24, 2018 11:29 pm

DH88 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:32 pm
Sorry forgot the important details.

2018 SEL (non-leather)

Same model, same age, same problem. Started before we even got it up to 1000 miles on the clock. Pretty shabby design by the sounds of things. Going to get it looked at when we go in to dealer to pick up my Golf R. Probably also needs a seat base by the sounds of things.

Tiguan_Scott

Post by Tiguan_Scott » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:47 am

I have a 67 plate Tiggy also with a creaky drivers chair. most times I don't notice it, but when I do it is really annoying. I thought it was something to do with the tray behind the drivers chair, although haven't investigated properly yet. But does sound like its coming from beneath the drivers left hand side beneath the seat belt too.
2017 Tungsten Silver R-Line 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4MOTION

DH88

Post by DH88 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:50 am

I thought it was the picnic tray too, but it was definitely coming from under the seat, around the seat belt bolt.

I brushed a bit of grease on the joints under the seat and it stopped and hasn't come back since, I think the fibre washers they use are naff and grease is really needed

stumpy

Post by stumpy » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Splont wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 9:54 am
Mine is like this. For a while it has made a short sharp creak noise when I lent into corners. Booked it in this week for dealer to take a look as managed to recreate it on a drive with them the other week. Fortunately over weekend the wife changed seat position and it got worse making the noises you mentioned as well so at least it was more obvious to them.

They called me this morning to say they have ordered a new seat base, but as it is a back order they don't know when it will arrive. So picking up car tonight and waiting till it arrives.
Any update 'Splont' on your issue please........ Did the new seat base sort out the problem :?: :?:
MK2 Tiguan SEL 2.0 tdi DSG 190ps 4 motion Idium Grey, De-Badged (with Park assist with Rear view camera, Electric power tailgate, Electric towbar swivelling, Black Vienna Leather electric with memory) Tig name 'Big Bertha' :P

Spinny

Post by Spinny » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:10 pm

We had the base replaced over a month ago. Quite a faff as the base was on back order (unsurprisingly considering how many have issues) and when it came in they realised they didn't automatically come with bolts (surprised the bolts are single use). Anyway, base now fitted and over 1000 miles later no noise has returned. So all being well, that's cured it.