ENGINE MANAGEMENT/EMISSION WARNING LAMP

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
STANLEYCAT5

ENGINE MANAGEMENT/EMISSION WARNING LAMP

Post by STANLEYCAT5 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:46 pm

So my new VW Tig, R-Line tech 190, picked up new on 1st March and 300 miles in the dreaded Engine Management/Emissions warning light has illuminated.
Rang VW help and the AA man did a diagnostic, which came up with 6 codes, the most likely being the Fuel Pressure Sensor. Great start.
Anyone else suffered this yet, this is the new emissions compliant engine is it not?

CNC

Re: ENGINE MANAGEMENT/EMISSION WARNING LAMP

Post by CNC » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:56 pm

I'm sure a replacement sensor or related component will have you back on the road in no time. These things happen, it's how quickly and efficiently the problem is dealt with that matters. Hopefully any part required will be a quick delivery and fitted the following day.
The VW website asks a few basic questions which may or may not be useful, does the light flash or on all the time, is the vehicle down on power etc https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/war ... on-control
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

STANLEYCAT5

Post by STANLEYCAT5 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:13 pm

Yup, seen the checklist and the car is deemed drive-able as the light is solid with no power reduction, (limp mode), however, should it then develop into a flashing light and reduced power I am then in the recovery situation. So probably best not to drive it anyway, so all in all, pretty useless really.
Yes let's hope it is resolved swiftly, but snags after only 300 miles is not easy to swallow.
Probably doesn't help that the dealer salesman, dinged my new car trying to remove it from a tight parking spot, despite my warnings that he was about to hit the new Tig parked next to mine. another 3 hours later and it was de-dented and polished. Not a great, "new car" experience so far.

Chubsley

Post by Chubsley » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:52 pm

I had the same issue after 600miles, my heart sank. VW came to the house and picked up a faulty NOC sensor which they came out 3 days later to replace. The part wasn’t available as next day due to it being replaced to the sensor being upgraded.

All well and no issues so far in the 1600 miles I’ve covered.
Indium Gray R-Line 150 DSG ordered 3/11/18 pick up 21/11/18. Booked in for detail andnceramic coating 10/12/18

Henry11

Post by Henry11 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:03 pm

Feel your pain, had a breakdown on day one with my first MK2 Tig some years back, wouldn’t start with 60 mile on clock. Towed in, new fuel pump required.....oh how I laughed! Give VW credit, was given like for like courtesy car, and it was fixed after a couple of days or so.
Horrible experience for you, but things do go wrong, it’s the way it’s dealt with that counts, hope you sorted soon.
1.5 tsi evo DSG Match 150 ps. Crimson red, debadged, Kingston alloys, ergo seats and electric boot

STANLEYCAT5

Post by STANLEYCAT5 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:05 am

Well, despite the immense disappointment of the new-car experience being a little underwhelming, the VW Assist did it's job well. In fact very well. So they are obviously well versed when it comes to problems with new VWs. The AA were on site within an hour of last night's call, diagnosing with 5 fault codes, and this morning after another call, it was picked up within an hour and is now on it's way back to a dealer. I am expecting a call soon to arrange the replacement whilst mine is under the knife. I do not have a confident feeling about this Tig though, as experience has shown that when the electrical gremlins start early, it's a sign of the foreboding.
Is this an indicator of an annoying period of hi-tech car ownership, only time will now tell.
NB - Although the engine management light wasn't flashing, and there was no apparent loss of power, the book confirms that it's ok to drive, however, the VW service chaps say best not to.

So in summary, great assistance but sad that it's needed so soon. But at least the AA man says that he sees far more new, (19 plate), Jaguar/Landrover than VWs.

STANLEYCAT5

Post by STANLEYCAT5 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Car returned by VW after changing the fuel pressure sensor and the warning is now extinguished. I now have another fault which is a new thread.

STANLEYCAT5

Post by STANLEYCAT5 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:24 pm

Engine management lamp now back on after only 930 miles total. Recovery called for second time. Trust gone

stephendutton63

Post by stephendutton63 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:08 pm

So in summary, great assistance but sad that it's needed so soon. But at least the AA man says that he sees far more new, (19 plate), Jaguar/Landrover than VWs
So two faults in such a short time, no faults on mine in two and half years
Haha oh sorry it's a Jaguar :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CNC

Post by CNC » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:10 am

STANLEYCAT5 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:24 pm
Engine management lamp now back on after only 930 miles total. Recovery called for second time. Trust gone
I understand how you must be feeling, but don't give up hope just yet, maybe the original problem was masked somehow hence it has now returned. Perhaps a loose fitting or wire somewhere which was moved during fitting the new sensor was the original cause, and now it has moved back after driving/engine vibration and the problem was reappeared.
I'm sure once it is sorted out it will prove to be a very good car, have faith in your dealer, hopefully it will be sorted out at the next dealer visit and that will be the end of it.
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

Return to “Faults & Technical”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.