Closing boot with key MY2019

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
Bruce287
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:07 am

Re: Closing boot with key MY2019

Post by Bruce287 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm

I can open it pretty much anywhere, its closing it which is a pain. If I was to close it literally about a foot or two away which is strange as I thought the purpose of the key is to do it remotely. I know I can use either of the two buttons in the boot but think its odd that I cannot do it with the key
Previous car - 2017 R Line, 240 BiTDI, white, leathers
Own - 2019, R LIne Tech 230 TSI, white, TMS, Dynaudio and leathers


User avatar
182_blue
Posts: 1558
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Re: Closing boot with key MY2019

Post by 182_blue » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:50 pm

Bruce287 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm
I can open it pretty much anywhere, its closing it which is a pain. If I was to close it literally about a foot or two away which is strange as I thought the purpose of the key is to do it remotely. I know I can use either of the two buttons in the boot but think its odd that I cannot do it with the key
Should have put open and closed from 25 foot away no problems.
Mk2 R Line , DSG 180 petrol


Bruce287
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:07 am

Re: Closing boot with key MY2019

Post by Bruce287 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:02 pm

182_blue wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:50 pm
Bruce287 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm
I can open it pretty much anywhere, its closing it which is a pain. If I was to close it literally about a foot or two away which is strange as I thought the purpose of the key is to do it remotely. I know I can use either of the two buttons in the boot but think its odd that I cannot do it with the key
Should have put open and closed from 25 foot away no problems.
Weird!! So 2018 onwards you can't really close it unless you are near it!!
Previous car - 2017 R Line, 240 BiTDI, white, leathers
Own - 2019, R LIne Tech 230 TSI, white, TMS, Dynaudio and leathers


JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Closing boot with key MY2019

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm

Bruce287 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:02 pm
182_blue wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:50 pm
Bruce287 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:31 pm
I can open it pretty much anywhere, its closing it which is a pain. If I was to close it literally about a foot or two away which is strange as I thought the purpose of the key is to do it remotely. I know I can use either of the two buttons in the boot but think its odd that I cannot do it with the key
Should have put open and closed from 25 foot away no problems.
Weird!! So 2018 onwards you can't really close it unless you are near it!!
Within 6 feet i can close mine, not sure why i would be much further away to be honest.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.


Bruce287
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:07 am

Re: Closing boot with key MY2019

Post by Bruce287 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:23 pm

JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm
Bruce287 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:02 pm
182_blue wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:50 pm


Should have put open and closed from 25 foot away no problems.
Weird!! So 2018 onwards you can't really close it unless you are near it!!
Within 6 feet i can close mine, not sure why i would be much further away to be honest.
I'm saying it would be useful to have say if I took things from the boot and my hands are full. Rather than coming out again to shut the boot I could use the key. I know there are the other options on the boot but thought it was a bit of a backward step. if I was within 6 feet away then I wouldn't use the keyfob.
Previous car - 2017 R Line, 240 BiTDI, white, leathers
Own - 2019, R LIne Tech 230 TSI, white, TMS, Dynaudio and leathers


JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Closing boot with key MY2019

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:25 pm

Bruce287 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:23 pm
JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm
Bruce287 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:02 pm


Weird!! So 2018 onwards you can't really close it unless you are near it!!
Within 6 feet i can close mine, not sure why i would be much further away to be honest.
I'm saying it would be useful to have say if I took things from the boot and my hands are full. Rather than coming out again to shut the boot I could use the key. I know there are the other options on the boot but thought it was a bit of a backward step. if I was within 6 feet away then I wouldn't use the keyfob.
Just opened and closed mine from inside the house but I am around 6 feet away so it will work indoors if your that close, i personally would not want to be too far away from the car with the boot left open but it may well be different for others I appreciate.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.


Bruce287
Posts: 166
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:07 am

Re: Closing boot with key MY2019

Post by Bruce287 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:28 pm

JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:25 pm
Bruce287 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:23 pm
JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm


Within 6 feet i can close mine, not sure why i would be much further away to be honest.
I'm saying it would be useful to have say if I took things from the boot and my hands are full. Rather than coming out again to shut the boot I could use the key. I know there are the other options on the boot but thought it was a bit of a backward step. if I was within 6 feet away then I wouldn't use the keyfob.
Just opened and closed mine from inside the house but I am around 6 feet away so it will work indoors if your that close, i personally would not want to be too far away from the car with the boot left open but it may well be different for others I appreciate.
Are you facing the boot or are you facing the front? I generally park with the nose in on my drive. I can definitely open it from within the house
Previous car - 2017 R Line, 240 BiTDI, white, leathers
Own - 2019, R LIne Tech 230 TSI, white, TMS, Dynaudio and leathers


scrounger
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:16 am

Re: Closing boot with key MY2019

Post by scrounger » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:30 pm

if you are taking stuff out of the boot and your hands are full, before you pick everything up, press the button to the right of the boot close and when you go out of range by about 4 feet, the boot will close itself.
Tiguan R-Line Tech 190 DSG 4Motion in White


JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Closing boot with key MY2019

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:34 pm

Bruce287 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:28 pm
JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:25 pm
Bruce287 wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:23 pm


I'm saying it would be useful to have say if I took things from the boot and my hands are full. Rather than coming out again to shut the boot I could use the key. I know there are the other options on the boot but thought it was a bit of a backward step. if I was within 6 feet away then I wouldn't use the keyfob.
Just opened and closed mine from inside the house but I am around 6 feet away so it will work indoors if your that close, i personally would not want to be too far away from the car with the boot left open but it may well be different for others I appreciate.
Are you facing the boot or are you facing the front? I generally park with the nose in on my drive. I can definitely open it from within the house
I am facing the boot.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.


JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Closing boot with key MY2019

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:35 pm

scrounger wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:30 pm
if you are taking stuff out of the boot and your hands are full, before you pick everything up, press the button to the right of the boot close and when you go out of range by about 4 feet, the boot will close itself.
Good point. :)
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”


VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.