Vw Connect Go Door Open

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
Tcq
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:06 pm

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by Tcq » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Had to have software updates done at the dealers to get mine to work properly
R-Line Tech 2019


User avatar
ozone456
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by ozone456 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:06 pm

JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:43 pm
Just tried logging in and its got error message saying cant log in and session expired and keeps asking you to log in, think this app has major issues.
Hi JK-VWTiguanR,
Are you having issues with the WeConnect app or the portal?
18/04: MY19 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion R-Line Tech DSG - White, Dynaudio, Emergency Assists , Headlight Washer, Tyre Pressure Monitor.


JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:19 pm

ozone456 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:06 pm
JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:43 pm
Just tried logging in and its got error message saying cant log in and session expired and keeps asking you to log in, think this app has major issues.
Hi JK-VWTiguanR,
Are you having issues with the WeConnect app or the portal?
Unsure as it does different things each time.

Just tried again and its now working and i am in the same place as i tried last time.

Yet again it is telling me the doors are unlocked and they are not, i have even just been out to the car and everything is locked.

This new app is rubbish.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.


User avatar
ozone456
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by ozone456 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:42 pm

JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:19 pm
ozone456 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:06 pm
JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:43 pm
Just tried logging in and its got error message saying cant log in and session expired and keeps asking you to log in, think this app has major issues.
Hi JK-VWTiguanR,
Are you having issues with the WeConnect app or the portal?
Unsure as it does different things each time.

Just tried again and its now working and i am in the same place as i tried last time.

Yet again it is telling me the doors are unlocked and they are not, i have even just been out to the car and everything is locked.

This new app is rubbish.
The portal I'd view as the sauce for the WeConnect app. the place for the most up todate exchange between car and VW We Connect/Car-net servers.

When you access the portal webpage, as oppose to the app, on the home screen it should have the time and date the car was last connected/talked to the servers. I've attached a screen print of mine. Check if yours is correct with the last time you had used your car.

Screenshot 2019-11-04 at 19.23.54.png

Next, scroll down the page to Vehicle Status to see if its all true. Note you might want to do a refresh,
Basically at the Base of the Vehicle status box is a grey area that has 3 icons - a ? on the left, a Star on the right and in the middle is a white circle with arrows. Choose the circle and a update message appears followed by the latest vehicle status known to the server.

Screenshot 2019-11-04 at 19.31.51.png

18/04: MY19 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion R-Line Tech DSG - White, Dynaudio, Emergency Assists , Headlight Washer, Tyre Pressure Monitor.


SkyJawa
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by SkyJawa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:52 pm

The web portal is totally wrong too, any update you request fails, last update was 1/11, last driving data 31/10. Useless. All started after everyone started moaning last week that there were major issues.
2019 Tiguan SEL 2.0 TSI 230
30/05- ordered, 06/06 - with factory, 08/06 - confirmed - week 27, 05/07 - left factory, 05/07 - in transit - 5a
09/07 - shipping - 5b, 13/07 - near UK - 5c, 16/07 - in UK - 6, 19/07 - arrived - 7, 25/07 - collection!


User avatar
ozone456
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by ozone456 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:01 pm

SkyJawa wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:52 pm
The web portal is totally wrong too, any update you request fails, last update was 1/11, last driving data 31/10. Useless. All started after everyone started moaning last week that there were major issues.
So what we have is a failure to communicate between car and these services. As an additional check .. could you pop into your Notifications. Should look something like this.

Screenshot 2019-11-04 at 19.45.02.png

18/04: MY19 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion R-Line Tech DSG - White, Dynaudio, Emergency Assists , Headlight Washer, Tyre Pressure Monitor.


User avatar
Newfie
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:07 am
Location: East Yorkshire

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by Newfie » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:10 pm

There is a possibility the car might not have a connection i.e. poor reception of signal om the eSIM.

Both the app and the portal is working fine for me.

In my opinion We Connect/Car Net is not a stable platform.
Tiguan SWB SEL 2.0 TDI 4Motion 150PS 7-Speed DSG MY2019 White Silver. Collected 26/10/18
&
Tiguan SWB Match 2.0TDi 150PS DSG Caribbean Blue (Wife's car). Collected 23/4/19


User avatar
ozone456
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by ozone456 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:34 pm

Newfie wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:10 pm
There is a possibility the car might not have a connection i.e. poor reception of signal om the eSIM.

Both the app and the portal is working fine for me.

In my opinion We Connect/Car Net is not a stable platform.
Agree..After the challenges you and I had just getting the app's Lock/Unlock to finally work. When the I.D. cars finally start rolling out I doubt VW Germany will have sorted their process to support the frontline dealers in Software/Car Net/WeConnect area.
Last edited by ozone456 on Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
18/04: MY19 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion R-Line Tech DSG - White, Dynaudio, Emergency Assists , Headlight Washer, Tyre Pressure Monitor.


Wildcat
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 am
Location: Highlands

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by Wildcat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:40 pm

FWIW, We Connect Go is the app that talks to the data plug. We Connect (no go haha) is the app that connects (or not) to the services.
My We Connect app was having issues not letting me sign in, but after several attempts and swearing at it, it now opens.
Are you guys aware that by pressing and holding down on the car image you can force a refresh? You have to drag down and hold for about 3 seconds and then release, there's a message at the top of the screen (this is for the phone app, not sure about pc login).
2.0 TDi SWB 150ps 4Motion SEL 6sp man in Atlantic Blue with swivelling towbar MY2019


User avatar
ozone456
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by ozone456 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:53 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:40 pm
FWIW, We Connect Go is the app that talks to the data plug. We Connect (no go haha) is the app that connects (or not) to the services.
My We Connect app was having issues not letting me sign in, but after several attempts and swearing at it, it now opens.
Are you guys aware that by pressing and holding down on the car image you can force a refresh? You have to drag down and hold for about 3 seconds and then release, there's a message at the top of the screen (this is for the phone app, not sure about pc login).
All true, that’s how I do it on my iPhones. However, some have had intermittent ability to actually log in the app so don’t get that far.
In these cases it has started around late October. Around the time WeConnect Go was introduced. May have been a WeConnect app update as well.
In general WeConnect seems mighty unstable!!
18/04: MY19 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion R-Line Tech DSG - White, Dynaudio, Emergency Assists , Headlight Washer, Tyre Pressure Monitor.


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”


VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.