Vw Connect Go Door Open

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
Wildcat
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 am
Location: Highlands

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by Wildcat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:59 pm

ozone456 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:53 pm
Wildcat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:40 pm
FWIW, We Connect Go is the app that talks to the data plug. We Connect (no go haha) is the app that connects (or not) to the services.
My We Connect app was having issues not letting me sign in, but after several attempts and swearing at it, it now opens.
Are you guys aware that by pressing and holding down on the car image you can force a refresh? You have to drag down and hold for about 3 seconds and then release, there's a message at the top of the screen (this is for the phone app, not sure about pc login).
All true, that’s how I do it on my iPhones. However, some have had intermittent ability to actually log in the app so don’t get that far.
In these cases it has started around late October. Around the time WeConnect Go was introduced. May have been a WeConnect app update as well.
In general WeConnect seems mighty unstable!!
Agreed. It took me several attempts to login on the phone and the pc, but have now managed to get them working. Have you noticed that the app/portal seems to remember which device (phone or pc) you were last logged in through? I thought it odd that whenever I logged in to the phone, and then the pc, the next time i tried using the phone app, it would ask me to log in again. All very odd, but then apps and technology don't seem to be VW's strong points :oops:
2.0 TDi SWB 150ps 4Motion SEL 6sp man in Atlantic Blue with swivelling towbar MY2019


User avatar
ozone456
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by ozone456 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:19 pm

Wildcat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:59 pm
ozone456 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:53 pm
Wildcat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:40 pm
FWIW, We Connect Go is the app that talks to the data plug. We Connect (no go haha) is the app that connects (or not) to the services.
My We Connect app was having issues not letting me sign in, but after several attempts and swearing at it, it now opens.
Are you guys aware that by pressing and holding down on the car image you can force a refresh? You have to drag down and hold for about 3 seconds and then release, there's a message at the top of the screen (this is for the phone app, not sure about pc login).
All true, that’s how I do it on my iPhones. However, some have had intermittent ability to actually log in the app so don’t get that far.
In these cases it has started around late October. Around the time WeConnect Go was introduced. May have been a WeConnect app update as well.
In general WeConnect seems mighty unstable!!
Agreed. It took me several attempts to login on the phone and the pc, but have now managed to get them working. Have you noticed that the app/portal seems to remember which device (phone or pc) you were last logged in through? I thought it odd that whenever I logged in to the phone, and then the pc, the next time i tried using the phone app, it would ask me to log in again. All very odd, but then apps and technology don't seem to be VW's strong points :oops:
I also feel VW has not communicated clearly to their customers about these apps, what they do, how to use them and their plans for the app. Only knew of the name/icon changes when app automatically updated on my devices.

Or maybe they have and the email went into my junk folder...
18/04: MY19 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion R-Line Tech DSG - White, Dynaudio, Emergency Assists , Headlight Washer, Tyre Pressure Monitor.


Wildcat
Posts: 292
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 am
Location: Highlands

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by Wildcat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:44 pm

ozone456 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:19 pm
Wildcat wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:59 pm
ozone456 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:53 pm

All true, that’s how I do it on my iPhones. However, some have had intermittent ability to actually log in the app so don’t get that far.
In these cases it has started around late October. Around the time WeConnect Go was introduced. May have been a WeConnect app update as well.
In general WeConnect seems mighty unstable!!
Agreed. It took me several attempts to login on the phone and the pc, but have now managed to get them working. Have you noticed that the app/portal seems to remember which device (phone or pc) you were last logged in through? I thought it odd that whenever I logged in to the phone, and then the pc, the next time i tried using the phone app, it would ask me to log in again. All very odd, but then apps and technology don't seem to be VW's strong points :oops:
I also feel VW has not communicated clearly to their customers about these apps, what they do, how to use them and their plans for the app. Only knew of the name/icon changes when app automatically updated on my devices.

Or maybe they have and the email went into my junk folder...
I did get an email about the "VW Connect is becoming We Connect Go" for the data plug on 23 Oct, but I don't recall any emails about the We Connect app for the services being updated. It just seemed to change as part of an app update with little/no warning...
2.0 TDi SWB 150ps 4Motion SEL 6sp man in Atlantic Blue with swivelling towbar MY2019


SkyJawa
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by SkyJawa » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:46 pm

ozone456 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:01 pm
SkyJawa wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:52 pm
The web portal is totally wrong too, any update you request fails, last update was 1/11, last driving data 31/10. Useless. All started after everyone started moaning last week that there were major issues.
So what we have is a failure to communicate between car and these services. As an additional check .. could you pop into your Notifications. Should look something like this.
Notifications is empty!
2019 Tiguan SEL 2.0 TSI 230
30/05- ordered, 06/06 - with factory, 08/06 - confirmed - week 27, 05/07 - left factory, 05/07 - in transit - 5a
09/07 - shipping - 5b, 13/07 - near UK - 5c, 16/07 - in UK - 6, 19/07 - arrived - 7, 25/07 - collection!


User avatar
ozone456
Posts: 293
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:57 pm
Location: Hampshire, UK

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by ozone456 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:42 pm

SkyJawa wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:46 pm
ozone456 wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:01 pm
SkyJawa wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:52 pm
The web portal is totally wrong too, any update you request fails, last update was 1/11, last driving data 31/10. Useless. All started after everyone started moaning last week that there were major issues.
So what we have is a failure to communicate between car and these services. As an additional check .. could you pop into your Notifications. Should look something like this.
Notifications is empty!


You need to call WeConnect Help desk or pop into your dealership service department to arrange them to have a look at it.
18/04: MY19 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion R-Line Tech DSG - White, Dynaudio, Emergency Assists , Headlight Washer, Tyre Pressure Monitor.


JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:45 pm

Was aware how to refresh and no matter how many times I refreshed the app still showed the car unlocked, if I press lock on the app the car flashes to say it has this information but the car was already locked, then the app shows locked.

In my view the app does not get the status of the car at the time of loading the app and just defaults to doors open.

Not once have I managed to open the app and it show doors locked, always states doors unlocked, if I lock the doors with the app, close the app, reopen the app, it shows doors unlocked.

As said before I think the app has issues and should not have replaced the old app at present until these faults were sorted, for what it’s worth I never had this issue with the old app.

So 100 percent app issue.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.


SkyJawa
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by SkyJawa » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:06 am

So its still ongoing then!

"Thank you for contacting us with your request.

Due to problems that we are experiencing with our servers, there are currently
failures in the We Connect/ Car-Net Services.

We are already working hard on a solution so that you can use the services again as quickly as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."
2019 Tiguan SEL 2.0 TSI 230
30/05- ordered, 06/06 - with factory, 08/06 - confirmed - week 27, 05/07 - left factory, 05/07 - in transit - 5a
09/07 - shipping - 5b, 13/07 - near UK - 5c, 16/07 - in UK - 6, 19/07 - arrived - 7, 25/07 - collection!


xtrailman
Posts: 857
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by xtrailman » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:44 am

SkyJawa wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:36 am
On my app it says the car is unlocked and vehicle moving even though it’s sitting locked on the driveway. Deleted and reinstalled app, no difference!
I had this issue and contacted carnet who arranged for my garage to install updated software, they also updated the key less so it now auto locks same as the normal fob version, so if you inadvertently press unlock but open no doors within a short time around 30 secs it will re-lock.
2019 SEL 190ps diesel.


JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:02 pm

SkyJawa wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:06 am
So its still ongoing then!

"Thank you for contacting us with your request.

Due to problems that we are experiencing with our servers, there are currently
failures in the We Connect/ Car-Net Services.

We are already working hard on a solution so that you can use the services again as quickly as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."
So VW have an issue with the App, wow i could have told them that. :lol: :lol: :lol:
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.


SkyJawa
Posts: 163
Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:46 pm

Re: Vw Connect Go Door Open

Post by SkyJawa » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:55 pm

Well got a mass mail tonight from Weconnect apologising for the technical faults over the last week that are all now fixed, could have fooled me, every time I pull down in the app to refresh back end data it still says “sorry something went wrong”, clowns!
2019 Tiguan SEL 2.0 TSI 230
30/05- ordered, 06/06 - with factory, 08/06 - confirmed - week 27, 05/07 - left factory, 05/07 - in transit - 5a
09/07 - shipping - 5b, 13/07 - near UK - 5c, 16/07 - in UK - 6, 19/07 - arrived - 7, 25/07 - collection!


Post Reply

Return to “Faults & Technical”


VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.