Wireless Android Auto

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
tobes90

Wireless Android Auto

Post by tobes90 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Anyone managed to get wireless android auto working on their infotainment system?
I'm not sure if the head unit needs to be 5.0ghz wifi enabled and if not, can this be sorted via a software update at a dealer?
Currently trying on a 69 plate r-line tech with no joy. Tried with a Pixel 5 on android 11 and a Galaxy S10 with android 10.
Any help appreciated! :)

Essjay

Re: Wireless Android Auto

Post by Essjay » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:01 pm

tobes90 wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm
Anyone managed to get wireless android auto working on their infotainment system?
I'm not sure if the head unit needs to be 5.0ghz wifi enabled and if not, can this be sorted via a software update at a dealer?
Currently trying on a 69 plate r-line tech with no joy. Tried with a Pixel 5 on android 11 and a Galaxy S10 with android 10.
Any help appreciated! :)

I’m not sure wireless Android Auto (or iOS Carplay) is available on a ‘69 plate model. I know its available on the new facelift model, but I think this is the first model to get the facility.
However it is possible with an aftermarket adaptor, have a look on Amazon.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

mrew42

Re: Wireless Android Auto

Post by mrew42 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:10 pm

As Steve suggests, wireless android auto isn't available on the Mk2 Tig, including this years cars. It is available on the new face-lift model and no, there are no software tweaks tk enable it
I have yet to find an adaptor that works wireless with Android phones, but it can be done with an iPhone.
2020 R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG in Pure White - Carista tweaks, Bumper Protector, Heko Wind Deflectors. Carshades, DTE pedal box