Has anyone had any issues with Auto-Hold and the Handbrake please?

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
Utumno

Re: Has anyone had any issues with Auto-Hold and the Handbrake please?

Post by Utumno » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:16 am

I have had zero problems with the auto hold function, it's turned on all the time and works perfectly for me so far.
SEL 2.0 TDI 150PS 4MOTION DSG, Deep Black, Black Leather, Heated Windscreen, Rear Camera & Park Assist, Phone Charger, Keyless Entry & Electric Tailgate, Debadged, CarStick

Kental

Post by Kental » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 am

From looking through the post, sorry if I missed any, but the later posts all appear to be from manual cars or posts without details in the signature. Is my assumption correct?
SEL 1.4 TSI 150 DSG 2wd Urano Grey Rear Camera Park Assist Pack ordered 12/08/17

Order with factory, though it would appear not the one that actually builds it!!!

Axel

Post by Axel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Just had my first service and had the recall (46G7-S-parking brake control unit) applied.

I have a pretty good relationship with he dealer and he showed me the technical detail from vw. It said that this update is for 2wd manual models. It is to resolve issues with the parking brake/auto hold not disengaging on occasion and to address an occasional issue where the parking brake does not engage upon turning the car off.

I think I may have experienced the later issue, but it's one of those situations where you're just not sure if it was engaged or not. I have come back to the car twice and the parking brake hasn't been on. I can't see why that would be the case as I always have autohold on, so it should autohold and then apply the full parking brake when I switch the engine off, but on 2 occasions it's not been on and I've got into the habit of leaving it in gear to stop any roll away issues.

Anyway, I hope this helps people. It is a proper recall as well. There is a recall sticker in the boot with the code on. It joins the other two stickers, one for a replacement seat back frame and replacement airbag igniters.

At this rate the car will be replaced bit by bit. 😂

Cheers
Axel

stumpy

Post by stumpy » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:52 pm

Kental wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 am
From looking through the post, sorry if I missed any, but the later posts all appear to be from manual cars or posts without details in the signature. Is my assumption correct?
Good point Kental re Manuals..... and also has been mentioned before that it would be to every-ones benefit with details in the signature, which would help.
MK2 Tiguan SEL 2.0 tdi DSG 190ps 4 motion Idium Grey, De-Badged (with Park assist with Rear view camera, Electric power tailgate, Electric towbar swivelling, Black Vienna Leather electric with memory) Tig name 'Big Bertha' :P

Ned

Post by Ned » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:16 am

stumpy wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:52 pm
Kental wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 am
Good point Kental re Manuals..... and also has been mentioned before that it would be to every-ones benefit with details in the signature, which would help.
+1 ;)
Tiguan has landed in the UK and pick-up 1/3/2018... ;)
150hp TSI, ACT Manual, SE Nav in Urano Grey with Panoramic Roof, Leather,
heated seats, tyre pressure monitor, Park Assist & Rear Camera.

flexidutch

Post by flexidutch » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Update to my previous post....VW assist attended and he saw the fault for himself, which, I hasten to add he had seen on my 1st car which I previously rejected. He stated that VW just advise them to recalibrate the clutch but he didn't want to do that as it obviously didn't resolve the issue. I mentioned the fault code from this forum 46G7-S and he promptly wrote that on the paperwork and arranged for my car to be taken to the nearest dealership. They've had it in for a couple of days and typically it won't fault whilst they've got it but at least their technician has seen my car do it back in June. They have informed me that the recall code is not on my vehicle and it won't take the software update. VW UK have told them to carry out some technical tests which they have done and the outcome...take the vehicle back and drive it with auto hold switched off and operate the parking brake manually! The parking brake wouldn't come off manually when the fault occurred!!!! I've refused and just emailed my 2nd rejection letter for the 2nd brand new car to the General Manager of the retailer where I bought it from. This is not what I expect from VW and the fact it is clearly a known inherent fault which is putting lives at risk is disgusting. I will be taking this to social media!

Tiguan 2.0 TDI SCR 150 6 speed SE NAV BMT 4 Motion Manual in Atlantic Blue

yetirider

Post by yetirider » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:51 pm

flexidutch wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:04 pm
Update to my previous post....VW assist attended and he saw the fault for himself, which, I hasten to add he had seen on my 1st car which I previously rejected. He stated that VW just advise them to recalibrate the clutch but he didn't want to do that as it obviously didn't resolve the issue. I mentioned the fault code from this forum 46G7-S and he promptly wrote that on the paperwork and arranged for my car to be taken to the nearest dealership. They've had it in for a couple of days and typically it won't fault whilst they've got it but at least their technician has seen my car do it back in June. They have informed me that the recall code is not on my vehicle and it won't take the software update. VW UK have told them to carry out some technical tests which they have done and the outcome...take the vehicle back and drive it with auto hold switched off and operate the parking brake manually! The parking brake wouldn't come off manually when the fault occurred!!!! I've refused and just emailed my 2nd rejection letter for the 2nd brand new car to the General Manager of the retailer where I bought it from. This is not what I expect from VW and the fact it is clearly a known inherent fault which is putting lives at risk is disgusting. I will be taking this to social media!

Tiguan 2.0 TDI SCR 150 6 speed SE NAV BMT 4 Motion Manual in Atlantic Blue
Does it always come off if you press the footbrake before trying to move?
Just try that for a few days with auto hold on.
They did apply a fix to mine, or at least they said they did, mines been 99% fine since then.
But when mine was in a mood I just daped the brake before moving and it was fine.
Not what you want but could prove a point.
SEL 4Motion Tungsten Silver traded for Audi Q2.

flexidutch

Post by flexidutch » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:20 am

Further update.....whilst my car was in Corkhills, Wigan dealership it got stolen & used in a drive by shooting in Bury!!! To make matters worse it was taken Saturday night & they didn’t even notice it was missing until Tuesday when the police visited!! Note to any Wigan VW owners don’t take your car there!! Anyway this halted the rejection process as there was no car to reject. However I found out since that my car did fault for them, VW Technical have admitted there’s an issue & are working on a fix for it.....how long? Who knows?! The matter is sorted now as Corkhills paid me my deposit & monthly payments back so I’m now driving a proper car that works....an Audi Q3 s line Quattro 😊😊

Negativepitch

Post by Negativepitch » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:11 pm

flexidutch wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:20 am
Further update.....whilst my car was in Corkhills, Wigan dealership it got stolen & used in a drive by shooting in Bury!!! To make matters worse it was taken Saturday night & they didn’t even notice it was missing until Tuesday when the police visited!! Note to any Wigan VW owners don’t take your car there!! Anyway this halted the rejection process as there was no car to reject. However I found out since that my car did fault for them, VW Technical have admitted there’s an issue & are working on a fix for it.....how long? Who knows?! The matter is sorted now as Corkhills paid me my deposit & monthly payments back so I’m now driving a proper car that works....an Audi Q3 s line Quattro 😊😊
How did they recover the stolen car..was it because the handbrake was stuck on :D
:D Happy to be buying another one.

flexidutch

Post by flexidutch » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Lol no it obviously didn’t stick on for them. Never been seen since. The thieves did me a massive favour!