Has anyone had any issues with Auto-Hold and the Handbrake please?

Faults and Technical chat for the new Volkswagen Tiguan
FTT

Re: Has anyone had any issues with Auto-Hold and the Handbrake please?

Post by FTT » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:41 pm

flexidutch wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:55 pm
Lol no it obviously didn’t stick on for them. Never been seen since. The thieves did me a massive favour!
Wasn't your underworld contacts doing you a favour :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
R line 2lt Tsi DSG, Black, park assist with rear view camera, winter pack, wind deflectors, boot liner and roof bars :D

Peds27

Post by Peds27 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:54 pm

I bought my Tiguan 2 weeks ago (used 10,000miles) and today when I was shopping the same issue happened to me. Was stuck in Asda car park for 15 minutes as I could go anywhere.

Eventually after turning off the autohold and finally getting the handbrake to release I went straight to the dealer. He jumped in it and attempted to take off and had the same issue.

It’s booked in for Thursday for them to have a look at it. He did say that I was due to get a call as my car has been identified as needing an update. So will hopefully kill 2 birds.

Separate question, anyone else have an issue with Apple play in that it’s intermittent whether you can hear any sound or can control the volume.
VW Tiguan SWB Se Nav, 2.0 TDI 2wd, 150ps 6speed manual, pure white.

paul-mcmahon2

Post by paul-mcmahon2 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:20 pm

Yes l bought a new Tiguan at the end of January and twice in the last few weeks I have been unable to release the handbrake and it took me about 10 mins. each time to free it.l was told by a friend to press the foot brake hard and that seemed to work.It was the manual brake that was stuck but I never use it as I keep it on the automatic brake all the time.Will ring dealership later.

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:47 pm

paul-mcmahon2 wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:20 pm
Yes l bought a new Tiguan at the end of January and twice in the last few weeks I have been unable to release the handbrake and it took me about 10 mins. each time to free it.l was told by a friend to press the foot brake hard and that seemed to work.It was the manual brake that was stuck but I never use it as I keep it on the automatic brake all the time.Will ring dealership later.
Not quite sure what you're referring to as the manual brake and the automatic brake. The Tig has 2 systems, the Electronic Parking Brake, you can operate by the lever, but which automatically sets itself when you switch off, and automatically releases when you drive away. AutoHold, which is entirely separate and uses the ABS system to hold on the FOOTBRAKES all round when you stop (providing it's set)

There is one interaction between them, if you remain on autohold for around 3 minutes it will engage the EPB by itself.

xtrailman

Post by xtrailman » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:16 am

It will also automatically engage the EPB if you open the drivers door even with a running engine, with auto hold activated, or when the engine is stopped.
2019 SEL 190ps diesel.

niggly58

Post by niggly58 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:24 am

As posted elsewhere, I have had issues with the Auto Hold and EPB not releasing for the last 2 1/2 years.
My dealer finally solved my issues with a ‘software update’ to the ABS/ESC Control Module.
This has transformed the car and the functions work perfectly. Worth pestering the dealer to see if it applies to your cars.
2016 VW Tiguan Mk2 2.0L SEL 150 4Motion Manual Diesel. Indium Grey.
Vienna Black leather, electrically adjustable. 4 heated seats. Stainless exhaust trims. Tarox Japan discs/Strada pads. RLine pedal covers. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV tyres.

jefCon

Post by jefCon » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:39 pm

niggly58 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:24 am
As posted elsewhere, I have had issues with the Auto Hold and EPB not releasing for the last 2 1/2 years.
My dealer finally solved my issues with a ‘software update’ to the ABS/ESC Control Module.
This has transformed the car and the functions work perfectly. Worth pestering the dealer to see if it applies to your cars.
Hi Niggly - any chance you have the code for that update? Thinking that will help when contacting the dealer. I'm having the same issues with my 66 plate Tiguan mk2 150 se nav 4motion manual (purchased 2nd hand this year). I can see from the stickers it has had the 46G7 update applied back in 2017.

Many thanks

niggly58

Post by niggly58 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:36 pm

Mine also had the 46G7 update - but as far as I know that was to fix an issue with the Auto Hold not applying under certain conditions- and it didn't cure my problem.
I have no idea what the dealer did exactly- they were in contact with Germany and all I was told was that it had a 'software update'.
Sorry I cannot be of more help.
2016 VW Tiguan Mk2 2.0L SEL 150 4Motion Manual Diesel. Indium Grey.
Vienna Black leather, electrically adjustable. 4 heated seats. Stainless exhaust trims. Tarox Japan discs/Strada pads. RLine pedal covers. Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV tyres.

Darcytt

Post by Darcytt » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:13 am

Four months ago i purchased a Tiguan 68 plate 1.4T with 26000 miles on the clock. Two months into ownership the Electric handbrake and the Auto hold started playing up and needs two bites of the clutch to release the brakes. As vehicle is under VW warranty a visit to the dealer I purchased the vehicle from resulted in a response that I was not expecting "we need to remove the g/box as we think this is the problem and if the clutch is damaged then you will have to pay for a new clutch" Apparently VW dealers have a test they do on the clutch which gives them a % heavy value which they say 50% is acceptable ? Mine apparently is 60% which they say could be the problem. The fault has happened 5 times in 6 weeks and my concern is that if the vehicle plays up when my wife is driving that some one runs in the back of her thinking she is taking off but needs a second bite to release the brakes? Another strange thing once when I was reversing there was a very loud noise at the rear of the vehicle, thinking I had hit something I jumped out of the vehicle but there was nothing and no damage but getting back in the vehicle i noticed the "Handbrake had activated itself"?
If anyone can relate to this please let me know, needless to say I certainly won't be paying for a new clutch and if needed Sales of Goods Act 2015 and unfitness for use will be pursued!

A1VWD

Post by A1VWD » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:13 pm

Make sure you quote the correct Act in any communication as the Sale of Goods Act has been superceded: Consumer Rights Act 2015.