First Tiguan ordered

New to the Tiguan Forums? Introduce yourself here
Sootchucker

First Tiguan ordered

Post by Sootchucker » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:37 pm

Well, after nearly 15 years of driving Golfs (with 3 MK7’s including my current GTI), I’ve just placed a new factory order on a new Tiguan, after negotiating a really good price with my local dealer (that we’ve purchased 11 VW’s from - the wife’s and mine).

It will be an R-Line 1.5 TSI DSG in Nightshade blue metallic. Like the current GTI went a bit mad with the options but you only live once and it’s only money :D

Includes :

Heated Front Climate Windscreen
Inductive Smartphone Charging
Keyless Entry with Full electric tailgate operation
Panoramic Sunroof
Winter Pack including heated outer rear seats
Adaptive Chassis Control (DCC)
Rear View Camera system
IQ.Light Dynamic Light assist, dynamic indicators and dynamic taillights
Discover Pro Navigation system
Harmon Kardon premium sound system
Space and weight saving spare wheel
Tyre pressure monitoring system

Looking around 14 weeks so June time. Can’t wait.
on order - 2021 Tiguan R-Line 1.5 TSI DSG - Nightshade Blue Metallic, Panoramic Sunroof, IQ Lights, Harmon Kardon, Discover Pro and lots of other options

phope

Re: First Tiguan ordered

Post by phope » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:27 pm

Great spec and a lovely colour too :)
2020 Tiguan 1.5 Elegance DSG
2017 Arteon 2.0 TSI DSG

GTD184

Post by GTD184 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:01 pm

Sootchucker wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:37 pm
Well, after nearly 15 years of driving Golfs (with 3 MK7’s including my current GTI)

That is some change, a 2.0 to a 1.5.....a big drop in performance :o
Delivered 03.03.2017 - Tiguan R-Line 190ps - Pure White - Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless/Electric Tailgate, Park Assist/RV Camera, Towbar, Prog Steering, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Heated O/Rear Seats, 4 Year Warranty, Service Pack & Bootliner! :D

Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 pm

It is, and that was my one and only reservation, but then when I thought about it, I hardy ever use the performance the Golf offers. In the 3 years I've owned it I've only really ever spanked it 2 or 3 times. In any case, if I still am hankering after a bit of performance then I've always got the wife's Polo GTI anyway (that thing is rapid).

TBH, as much as I love the Golf, I think I bought the GTI (after having 5 diesels) just to get back into petrol and to itch a scratch as the last GTI I'd owned was a MK2 over 20 years ago. Also, my 58 year old body will hopefully appreciate the better access in and out of the car :D :D
on order - 2021 Tiguan R-Line 1.5 TSI DSG - Nightshade Blue Metallic, Panoramic Sunroof, IQ Lights, Harmon Kardon, Discover Pro and lots of other options

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 pm

Oh wow so they've done away with dynaudio and gone with Harmon Kardon now...

It's almost a q5 in disguise.

Blakey

Post by Blakey » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:50 am

Sootchucker wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 pm
It is, and that was my one and only reservation, but then when I thought about it, I hardy ever use the performance the Golf offers. In the 3 years I've owned it I've only really ever spanked it 2 or 3 times. In any case, if I still am hankering after a bit of performance then I've always got the wife's Polo GTI anyway (that thing is rapid).

TBH, as much as I love the Golf, I think I bought the GTI (after having 5 diesels) just to get back into petrol and to itch a scratch as the last GTI I'd owned was a MK2 over 20 years ago. Also, my 58 year old body will hopefully appreciate the better access in and out of the car :D :D
That, is one of the main reasons that I've chosen a Tiguan over a Golf, to be honest.

Tubemonster

Post by Tubemonster » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:36 am

Blakey wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:50 am
Sootchucker wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 pm

That, is one of the main reasons that I've chosen a Tiguan over a Golf, to be honest.
Ditto. At 59 can only see me climbing up and sliding out of cars from now on. I got into my son's Audi A6 the other day and fell down into it and almost needed a block and tackle to help me out again :lol:
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 4Motion 190PS 7 Speed DSG -Factory Tow bar-Keyless-Electric Boot- 360 Area View.

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:38 am

Hello and welcome to the forum, some nice upgrades most I have and your certainly will enjoy them.

Lest hope the weeks go by quickly for you as nothing more annoying then having to wait for your new toy.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:40 am

Tammma wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:21 pm
Oh wow so they've done away with dynaudio and gone with Harmon Kardon now...

It's almost a q5 in disguise.
Yes, my son has it in he's new Audi and its impressive but would not say its much different from the system in my Tiguan, size of the car also makes a difference for sure.

Still both impressive systems to me.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:47 am

Actually on the hifi system I just hope the new Harmon Kardon system in the Tiguan is at least as good as the Dynaudio in my current Golf GTI. That system is superb (and was much cheaper than the one in the Tiguan). I only ask as around September last year I test drove 2 BMWs (yes I know, I know), one a new 3 series and the other a M135i and both had their Harmon Kardon systems (with around 15-16 speakers and 2 subs under the front seats), but to be honest it was sort of meh... didn't have much bass and actually sounded quite muddy. When I climbed back into my Golf the sound clarity was night and day (and yes I did fiddle with the settings in the BMW). So I just hope the Tiggy one is good ?

I know there will be occasions where I'll miss the iconic GTI and it's performance but hopefully the Tiguan will have its own charms ?