TIGUAN R-LINE 4 MOTION DSG

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
johnnytro
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:26 pm

TIGUAN R-LINE 4 MOTION DSG

Post by johnnytro » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:41 pm

Good evening all, as you will see I'm very new to the site, but a loyal VW owner. I'm hoping I can get some help/advise from you all.

I've had a VW Golf now for a long time, MK2, MK4 and a MK5 GTI and for the last 5 years a MK5 GT TDI, The time has come for a change and I've decided on a Tiguan, but have some questions I hope you can help with pending a test drive. I will be going for a TDI DSG.....

- Is the 190 model worth the extra funds over the 150?

- Interior, is it possible to actually get front and REAR heated seats?

- Digital cockpit.....am I correct that this does not show the sat nav? is this an upgrade or a special unlock feature?

- Finally (really sorry) am I correct thinking there are 3 head units, the standard one with push buttons, a media unit with two dials and touch screen and now a newer design the Pro version which is fully touch screen with no buttons (DVD etc) ?

Thank you all, looking to buy one in the next few weeks all being well

Jon


User avatar
Privatedoc
Posts: 110
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:11 am
Location: East Ayrshire

Re: TIGUAN R-LINE 4 MOTION DSG

Post by Privatedoc » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:25 am

Currently only 2 media units for uk. Discover nav and discover pro. Pro a bit better but bonkers expensive ( I had it in my golf R and to be honest, only real world difference was ability to play video. Oh, and have the map on the digital dash which is a novelty that soon wears off!
Tiguan SE Nav 150 DSG TDi 4-Motion Ruby Red
Amarok Highline BiTurbo Chestnut
T-Roc SE Design 1.6 TDi Ravenna Blue
UP! Move up! Pearl Black

Gone - Golf R, Golf R Estate, Up!white.3 dr and 5dr, Polo SE 3dr & 5Dr, UP! GTi 3Dr

Totally VW addicts. !


leehal
Posts: 47
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:21 am
Location: Durham, England

Re: TIGUAN R-LINE 4 MOTION DSG

Post by leehal » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:48 am

johnnytro wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:41 pm
Good evening all, as you will see I'm very new to the site, but a loyal VW owner. I'm hoping I can get some help/advise from you all.

I've had a VW Golf now for a long time, MK2, MK4 and a MK5 GTI and for the last 5 years a MK5 GT TDI, The time has come for a change and I've decided on a Tiguan, but have some questions I hope you can help with pending a test drive. I will be going for a TDI DSG.....

- Is the 190 model worth the extra funds over the 150?

- Interior, is it possible to actually get front and REAR heated seats?

- Digital cockpit.....am I correct that this does not show the sat nav? is this an upgrade or a special unlock feature?

- Finally (really sorry) am I correct thinking there are 3 head units, the standard one with push buttons, a media unit with two dials and touch screen and now a newer design the Pro version which is fully touch screen with no buttons (DVD etc) ?

Thank you all, looking to buy one in the next few weeks all being well

Jon
Interior - rear heated seats are an option at £230 on the price list

Sat nav - just received my R Line Tech and the sat nav shows on the AID

I can’t answer the other ones.
Tiguan MK2 - MY20 2.0TDi R Line Tech 4Motion DSG in white with DCC


User avatar
mrew42
Posts: 995
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am
Location: Havering

Re: TIGUAN R-LINE 4 MOTION DSG

Post by mrew42 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:20 am

To add to the above...
The media centre with buttons was on the 2016/2017 models, since 2018 its been the two dials or the (bonkers expensive) pro
I test drove a 150 and 190 and the difference is there, but given the driving I do... Didn't need it. I rarely have a full complement of luggage and passengers and the extra cost on a lease, I couldn't justify it so went for the 150. To the tune of £120 per month
So depends on your usage, budget and buying format. PCP may work out better, but not for me.
Happy hunting
Toby 1 - MY18 1.4TSI BMT 150 4Motion SE NAV DSG Indium Grey
Toby 2 - MY20 2.0 TDi 150 4Motion DSG R Line Tech White
Ordered 12/12, 3 - 20/01,
5a - 23/01, 5b - 28/01, 5c - 31/01
6 - 04/02, Delivery ETA 09/03


xtrailman
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: TIGUAN R-LINE 4 MOTION DSG

Post by xtrailman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 am

You get a lot more torque with the 190, useful for towing.
2019 SEL 190ps diesel.


TIGeRLine
Posts: 113
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:24 am
Location: West Country.

Re: TIGUAN R-LINE 4 MOTION DSG

Post by TIGeRLine » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 am

xtrailman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 am
You get a lot more torque with the 190
And even more with the 240.😎
2018 R-Line 240 Bi-TDI 4Motion.
Discover Nav Pro.
KESSY.
Electric Tailgate.
Area View.
8 Speakers.
Exterior Badge Delete.
Pure White.


happymal
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:01 pm
Location: Seaton Carew
Contact:

Re: TIGUAN R-LINE 4 MOTION DSG

Post by happymal » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:57 am

I have a 2018 SEL 150Tdi 4Motion DSG, the 150 I find is quick enough for me, if you need that extra oomph on roundabouts or busy junctions I just knock it into sport, it gets up and goes quite well, on the Aid I have been using the car Satnav on Aid and using Waze on the Discovery Nav from my phone and TomTom speed cameras (voice) which I find excellent in areas you are not familiar with.

Mal.
2018 Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion Indium Grey with Keyless and Electric Tailgate. :D
+Passat 2.0TDi 150 DSG SE Business Harvard Blue.
:D


xtrailman
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: TIGUAN R-LINE 4 MOTION DSG

Post by xtrailman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:02 pm

TIGeRLine wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:39 am
xtrailman wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:08 am
You get a lot more torque with the 190
And even more with the 240.😎
The 240 was the one I was buying before I found out it couldn't carry a spare wheel, and with a fitted towbar it topped £40K so meant extra tax, and then there was the extra 5mpg lost over a 190 according to the government figures at the time.
2019 SEL 190ps diesel.


MM5
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: TIGUAN R-LINE 4 MOTION DSG

Post by MM5 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:23 pm

Just map the 190
2019 Tiguan SEL 190 TDi in Black


xtrailman
Posts: 993
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: TIGUAN R-LINE 4 MOTION DSG

Post by xtrailman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:21 pm

You can map the 190, but it will never match the 240 which has twin turbo's
2019 SEL 190ps diesel.


Post Reply

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”


VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.