Ceramic coating wheels

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Post Reply
Zobware
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Ceramic coating wheels

Post by Zobware » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:46 am

Today's job is to ceramic coat the wheels, wheels off, wash, bilt hamber auto wheel, Gtechniq Panel Wipe and then Gtechniq C5

20200731_084302.jpg

20200731_084308.jpg


User avatar
BrianH
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Ceramic coating wheels

Post by BrianH » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:53 am

Did the same myself two weeks ago.
Gtechniq C5 is good stuff but takes a bit of time to do the job start to finish.

nickymartin
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:22 pm

Re: Ceramic coating wheels

Post by nickymartin » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:34 am

I have the same on my wheels. I’m a big fan of gtechniq products.

I like their C2 product, it’s a good additional protection to apply to the ceramic coated wheel surfaces every now and again to help protect the coating the you have already applied. Only takes a few seconds to do after washing. Great job. Enjoy.
2020 R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 150 DSG - Vienna Leather - Indium Grey

------------
2017 Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TDI 150 4Motion DSG - Keyless Entry - Westfalia Detachable Tow Bar - Indium Grey

Zobware
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Re: Ceramic coating wheels

Post by Zobware » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:32 pm

All finished now and back on the car, took around 5 hours in total. I know you are supposed to leave inside to cure properly for 12 hours but I think with it being so hot outside today they'll be fine on the car. Was made a lot easier with car being new so not too bad to clean before applying coating. Used this on my last car and it lasted really well with a quick top up of C2 when washing. Makes cleaning the wheels so much easier!

Tammma
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:37 am

Re: Ceramic coating wheels

Post by Tammma » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:16 pm

Is the idea that the brake dust just hoses off the coating?

I thought ceramic coatings needed to cure under lights (eg Opticoat)

Zobware
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Re: Ceramic coating wheels

Post by Zobware » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:09 pm

Tammma wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:16 pm
Is the idea that the brake dust just hoses off the coating?

I thought ceramic coatings needed to cure under lights (eg Opticoat)
Brake dust still sticks but makes it a lot easier to get off when washing, no need to cure under lights for most of the modern ceramic coatings.

User avatar
BrianH
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Ceramic coating wheels

Post by BrianH » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:50 am

What paint protection did you go with on the car itself?

I used angelwax enigma as have loads of it left from my last car.

Zobware
Posts: 189
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Re: Ceramic coating wheels

Post by Zobware » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:27 am

BrianH wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:50 am
What paint protection did you go with on the car itself?

I used angelwax enigma as have loads of it left from my last car.
I actually don't use a ceramic coating on the car, did previously on my last car use Gtechniq c1 which was good but for now I'm sticking with Autoglym Ultra HD Wax, goes on well, not too hard to wipe off and gives a nice level of wetness and protection, true I have to do it every few months but the car gets washed religiously every week and I doubt anyone could tell if it was ceramic coated with my wax layers🤔. Wheels are a different story as ceramic coating does stop break dust sticking!

User avatar
BrianH
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:11 pm

Re: Ceramic coating wheels

Post by BrianH » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:44 am

Zobware wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:27 am
BrianH wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:50 am
What paint protection did you go with on the car itself?

I used angelwax enigma as have loads of it left from my last car.
I actually don't use a ceramic coating on the car, did previously on my last car use Gtechniq c1 which was good but for now I'm sticking with Autoglym Ultra HD Wax, goes on well, not too hard to wipe off and gives a nice level of wetness and protection, true I have to do it every few months but the car gets washed religiously every week and I doubt anyone could tell if it was ceramic coated with my wax layers🤔. Wheels are a different story as ceramic coating does stop break dust sticking!

Totally agree with you

Post Reply