Sport pedals

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Jeremy_SWE

Re: Sport pedals

Post by Jeremy_SWE » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Essjay wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:43 pm
Well the weather (and me) has improved, so I had a go at fitting the pedal covers and footrest.
The footrest was a right b@$tard to fit! Took a lot of ‘fettling’, swearing, sweating and luck, but I managed it in the end. The main problem is it’s not as wide as the original one, so getting everything lined up was a right PITA!. I did have to take a small piece out of the rubber mat at the bottom to get it to fit nicely, but it looks ok.

One thing I didn’t manage to do as I was all ‘sweared out’ by then was fit the throttle pedal cover. It just wasn’t playing ball, and no amount of pushing, prodding and more swearing was gonna get it on, so I’ve left it off for the time being. I may have another go in the future.

If anyone is thinking of getting these then have a long hard think about it. If I knew then what I know now, I probably wouldn’t have bothered ! ;)

Steve

4720A534-B51A-4907-97BA-AFAD4071C91C.jpeg
Nice work Steve. I must say, I didn’t have any issues installing my pedal covers on my LHD version. Obv this can depend on the make/model of the ones you purchased as I assume the actual pedals are the same dimension (excl. foot rest).

Also, looking to the left of your accelerator pedal it seems you could do with something there? Nice footprint on it. Now when I see that I actually miss that part on my LHD when I use the ACC. I miss having somewhere to rest my right foot.
1.4tsi 150ps DSG6 4M
Pure white
19" Victoria
Ergo-active seats w.massage
Discover media NAVI
Sign assist
AID
Full keyless+electric tailgate
Tow pack w.camera
Aux-heater w.remote
Heated wheel
Dynaudio
Wireless charger
Side/rear scan
Amb.light pack

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:38 pm

Thanks Jeremy, yes the footrest on the right can get mucky, especially with the white interior. I’m considering finding a piece of rubber to fix onto it, but not found the right piece yet. When I do I might use some wide Velcro to fix it on so that I can remove it easily to clean it.

As for the throttle pedal cover, the rubber it’s made from is very stiff with little ‘give’ to stretch it over the pedal. I might see if soaking it in hot water will soften it enough to get it to fit. Then if it does, as it cools it should lock it in place, hopefully!

Steve

37F4399C-22A4-44E0-9C8D-3F6314E056EF.jpeg

Last edited by Essjay on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:02 pm

Essjay wrote:
Well the weather (and me) has improved, so I had a go at fitting the pedal covers and footrest.
The footrest was a right b@$tard to fit! Took a lot of ‘fettling’, swearing, sweating and luck, but I managed it in the end. The main problem is it’s not as wide as the original one, so getting everything lined up was a right PITA!. I did have to take a small piece out of the rubber mat at the bottom to get it to fit nicely, but it looks ok.

One thing I didn’t manage to do as I was all ‘sweared out’ by then was fit the throttle pedal cover. It just wasn’t playing ball, and no amount of pushing, prodding and more swearing was gonna get it on, so I’ve left it off for the time being. I may have another go in the future.

If anyone is thinking of getting these then have a long hard think about it. If I knew then what I know now, I probably wouldn’t have bothered ! ;)

Steve

They do look good but sounds like you had a hard time! hahah

Did you have to take the existing footrest off to fit this one?

Guess the aceeleator pedal is bigger than the replacement. form what i see it should just slide over the foot pedal via two groove on each side. Would a small water based l
ubricant work or did you try already..?

I am still tempted to buy some to replace the stock ones.....

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:26 pm

Terminator wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:02 pm
Essjay wrote:

Steve

Guess the aceeleator pedal is bigger than the replacement. form what i see it should just slide over the foot pedal via two groove on each side. Would a small water based l

Yes, the existing footrest has to come off, it slides up and off once you’ve removed the T20 torx screw in the side. Then the problem is finding the hole again when the new one is slid on!!.

I don’t think the accelerator pedal will slide on, it’s just too stiff. I think maybe using hot water as I said may be the answer......we’ll see!

If you do buy them, be prepared for a very sweary, sweaty job, and a lot of ‘fettling’ to get the footrest to fit. The brake pedal cover took all of 10 seconds to fit..........if only the rest was as easy!

Steve
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:37 pm

Essjay wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:26 pm
Terminator wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:02 pm
Essjay wrote:

Steve

Yes, the existing footrest has to come off, it slides up and off once you’ve removed the T20 torx screw in the side. Then the problem is finding the hole again when the new one is slid on!!.

I don’t think the accelerator pedal will slide on, it’s just too stiff. I think maybe using hot water as I said may be the answer......we’ll see!

If you do buy them, be prepared for a very sweary, sweaty job, and a lot of ‘fettling’ to get the footrest to fit. The brake pedal cover took all of 10 seconds to fit..........if only the rest was as easy!

Steve
Ah thanks for the info.

Will defo think about it. I have the items in my basket waiting...! :lol:

Fastbuck

Post by Fastbuck » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:03 pm

They look pretty decent though.
2019 Tiguan 2.0 TSI 4Motion 190 PSI DSG R Line Tech in white

NPinUK

Post by NPinUK » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:38 pm

I bought this foot rest of ebay but realised it looked a little thin & wonky.

20191220_183059.jpg

So i bought this one instead which is better fit, more of a foot rest and also matches the pedals nicely.

20191220_151401.jpg

I will take a better picture when its light.
Tiguan R Line Tech 2.0L BiTDI
Orxy White, Leather with Heated Rear Seats, Pro Nav, Dynaudio & TPMS.
28/8/19 Ordered, 8/11/19 Collected, Yes!

NPinUK

Post by NPinUK » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:28 pm

20191221_153206.jpg

20191221_153258.jpg

Really pleased with this rest pedal. Compliments the brake and accelerator pedals nicely.
Tiguan R Line Tech 2.0L BiTDI
Orxy White, Leather with Heated Rear Seats, Pro Nav, Dynaudio & TPMS.
28/8/19 Ordered, 8/11/19 Collected, Yes!

ExAudiSi

Post by ExAudiSi » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:50 pm

Where did you get your original footrest from and do you want rid of it?
It looks the correct shape for a manual car.
67 Plate, Pure White Tiguan 2.0TDI 4 Motion manual, electric tailgate, Miramar Grey 20" alloys and sports suspension.

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:06 pm

NPinUK, can I also ask where you got the second one from, was it the AliExpress one for the Golfmk7? It looks identical.

Steve