4 Motion DSG Noise upon Deceleration at low speed!

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
GTD184

Re: 4 Motion DSG Noise upon Deceleration at low speed!

Post by GTD184 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:42 am

Tiguan101 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:16 pm
Hi GTD184

My 190 TDi 4 motion makes the same noise, have done 4,000 miles since new in Feb18. I wondered if you had resolved the issue and if so what it was diagnosed as being wrong?

Thanks.
Have sent you a PM
Delivered 03.03.2017 - Tiguan R-Line 190ps - Pure White - Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless/Electric Tailgate, Park Assist/RV Camera, Towbar, Prog Steering, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Heated O/Rear Seats, 4 Year Warranty, Service Pack & Bootliner! :D

AlanH

Post by AlanH » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am

Mines in build in the next month or two, is this something thats been fixed or is it worth mentioning it to them?
White R-Line 150 SWB DSG 4Motion
Ordered First week of April
First went missing and still is so put on different order
Build week Confirmed 10th Sept
Arrived at Dealers
Docs Signed awaiting delivery date

GTD184

Post by GTD184 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:02 am

AlanH wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am
Mines in build in the next month or two, is this something thats been fixed or is it worth mentioning it to them?
AlanH based on incidences it appears not! You would be wasting your time mentioning it to VW or the dealer because they would deny it even if it was so obvious!

Don't take my word for it but just remember under the terms of the Sale of Goods Act 2015 you have the right to reject the car for a full refund within the first 30 days of ownership if a major defect is discovered. After 30 days and within the first 6 months you have no entitlement to a full refund only a repair.....or a refund less a charge for mileage covered.
Delivered 03.03.2017 - Tiguan R-Line 190ps - Pure White - Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless/Electric Tailgate, Park Assist/RV Camera, Towbar, Prog Steering, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Heated O/Rear Seats, 4 Year Warranty, Service Pack & Bootliner! :D

JonVWtig

Post by JonVWtig » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:42 pm

This is my first post on this site!!
Although I only have a front wheel drive Tiguan, I am also experiencing these same noise issues with the DSG.
The car has done 20k now and the noise started after 2000 miles. It has been to VW only to be told "they all do it"
I am somewhat disappointed with VW response especially as I now know how many owners are experiencing the same issues.
I should know better though - our last Tiguan suffered from 3 EGR failures over a 4 month period following the diesel emission ECU remap so looks like we have another battle on our hands with VW!

From reading all the posts, I take it they don't have a fix for it yet?

Any suggestions welcome!

Me thinks the new Volvo XC40 will be top of the list when due for replacement!! (after 6 VW on the trot)
Tiguan SE 2.0TDI 150ps DSG FWD - Caribbean blue - SEL front grill :D

Wanderer1111

Post by Wanderer1111 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Hello,

I have the same issue on my July 2018 220ps Tigguan AllSpace... From the first Km it was doing that. Now 4500 and still doing it.

Went to the dealer here in Luxembourg for this issue (+ oil consumption of 1L every +-2000Kms and broken navigation screen (lines) :cry: )
For the noise, the reply was "normal". All have that, it is more obvious on TSI than TDI...

I must say the car drives well but this noise is worrying... I will remind this every time I go to the dealer.

My real worry now is oil consumption. Gee, 1L every 2000 Km means 15L before maintenance schedule... crazy.

Cheers

mrew42

Post by mrew42 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:06 pm

Nothing on my TSi SE Nav 4Motion DSG. quiet as a mouse.
Toby 1 - MY18 1.4TSI BMT 150 4Motion SE NAV DSG Indium Grey - 03/18-03/20 gone :(
Toby 2 - MY20 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG R Line Tech Pure White - 03/20-../..

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:22 pm

mrew42 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:06 pm
Nothing on my TSi SE Nav 4Motion DSG. quiet as a mouse.
Agreed, my 2.0 TSi DSG is as smooth as silk, both up the box and down.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

chillyman50

Post by chillyman50 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:14 pm

HI you might want to post this on the technical and faults forum. You may get more information. :shock:
===================================================================================
TIGUAN SEL 190PS TDI-4 MOTION, white metallic silver, DCC, Dynaudio, Voice,Leather/electric seats, Camera, Headlight wsh, sidescan, swivel towbar, added immobiliser,others

GTD184

Post by GTD184 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:10 pm

VW will not at any cost admit there is a problem.....here is a snippet from an online source which states -;

"The mechanical workings of the DSG—the physical gears and syncros—don’t tend to fail very often in my experience. I have seen a number of instances of bearings wearing down, however. This typically results in a metallic noise when driving.

I have known DSG transmissions with this symptom to be driven for quite some time with no ill-effects other than quite irritating driving noise, however I most definitely wouldn’t recommend you leave this problem unattended. If the mechanical components of the DSG did fail, it would be pretty catastrophic for the transmission.

The fix is a bearing kit, assuming the problem is dealt with promptly and no other damage has been caused."

.....and that is the very reason why VW will not address the issue!.......In my wife's case the irritating driving noise is not acceptable because it clearly demonstrates that a defect is present, a statement which has been supported by DEKRA Expert and the Motor Ombudsman. Unfortunately, Legal redress is the only option which we are now at an advanced stage!

Judging by the number of similar incidences of DSG problems I am hearing of globally across ALL VAG brands, in particular SKODA, VW have some explaining to do as this customer concern is not acceptable and neither is it going to go away anytime soon.

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:03 pm

I will be very surprised if you get anything legally binding from VW, in fact I will be astounded because if they admit a problem to you they open the flood gates. A full blown court case with good media coverage just might do it but I have my doubts about that also. Every major recall of VW vehicles has been as far as I know done under duress mostly from the media or government. They have just been forced kicking and screaming to get involved in the Takata air bag recall along with every other German manufacturer selling cars in Oz, other manufacturers were already voluntarily recalling but not the German makes. It appears to be a German thing, let the customer scream and deny everything which is what they were all doing before they were told to start recalling vehicles. Mercedes outright denied there was a problem despite 24 deaths and a lot more injuries world wide caused by faulty air bags. The press in Oz took to VW in a big way a few years ago over DSG problems and it took about 6 months before they finally buckled and gave in and this was after well documented accidents that had taken place and the same recall being done in the US at the same time.
White 162kw/217.246hp, DSG