4 Motion DSG Noise upon Deceleration at low speed!

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Chris

Re: 4 Motion DSG Noise upon Deceleration at low speed!

Post by Chris » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:13 am

So, what was the problem beside the bent shaft? Sounds like it has hit something . I can see the gearbox moving but it doesn't explain why it is doing that.
White 162kw/217.246hp, DSG

RH85

Post by RH85 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:06 am

Almost looks like there is a missing rubber mount or something where the circle is towards front of gearbox. Not sure how that is mounted though. I noticed mine today had a bad clanking again going from reverse to first gear which I heard up through floor. Might try and crawl under and see what it looks like.
Tiguan SEL 2.0 TDI 4motion 190ps | Black | Dynaudio, electric tailgate, camera and tow hitch.
Ordered: 29th April

Tricky

Post by Tricky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:38 am

I wondered what that hole was doing there all lonely and unloved....

EDIT just took a look at my last service video, just in case this part came up in passing, but no luck...

GTD184

Post by GTD184 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:24 pm

SingaporeTiguan wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 am
Hi GTD184, I suppose my problem is very similar to your wife’s problem. May I know what are you intending to do to resolve this issue? I am also getting an independent mechanic to fully diagnose and pinpoint the issue. He drove my car once and think it’s definitely not normal. He specializes in VW. Mentioned that across the multiple VW 4 motions he dealt with, these noise only appear after many years of driving. Very unusual for a brand new car to exhibit such noise. He thinks it could be the clutch flywheel issue. Will continue to update.

My dispute has progressed to a legal dispute so cannot comment too much at present. However, I have viewed your video and it does highlight the contempt VW have for their customers. Keep up the fight as it is the only way you will get VW to accept their moral responsibilities!

Your new car should not exhibit that noise, which indicates that there is a very serious defect in that gearbox!
Delivered 03.03.2017 - Tiguan R-Line 190ps - Pure White - Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless/Electric Tailgate, Park Assist/RV Camera, Towbar, Prog Steering, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Heated O/Rear Seats, 4 Year Warranty, Service Pack & Bootliner! :D

Chris

Post by Chris » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:58 pm

GTD184 wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:24 pm
SingaporeTiguan wrote:

Your new car should not exhibit that noise, which indicates that there is a very serious defect in that gearbox!
I think you are jumping to conclusions with no facts, the fault may well be external to the gearbox such as a gearbox mount issue or even damage caused by whatever bent the shaft. It will be interesting to see what the problem is and getting VW to admit anything is a hard road to hoe as you yourself have found out.

SingaporeTiguan

Post by SingaporeTiguan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:45 am

Have forwarded this issue to VW and am now waiting for them to investigate further. The gearbox jerks on acceleration even when gears are not changing. My independent mechanic told me that this is not normal and probably not due to the 4wd structure as the car is already jacked up. He jacked up his own GTI with the same engine and did the same acceleration. The gearbox is stable like a stone. I am thinking there might be something wrong with the mount. With this jerking and hitting the chassis, I am sure the wear and tear is going to be bad real soon. Waiting for a reply this coming week from VW. Their first investigation told me it was the transfer case and differential making an internal noise. But this noise seems to be caused by the jerk and hitting the chassis. Will continue to update

Brendan61

Post by Brendan61 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:09 am

Hello GTD184, Listening to the clip you have on you Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O96j_x9M3fk

I can confirm the noise on mine is the same as yours. Mine has just completed about 2300 miles. It seems to show up worst when travelling slowly climbing hills in second gear but can also be heard occasionally at slow speeds on light throttle. Possibly Something to do with the automated clutch?. I hope VW comes up with a fix for this pretty quockly......
Tiguan 2017 Model 2.0 tdi 150 DSG 4Motion SE NAV.. Carribean Blue .... no extras yet....

GTD184

Post by GTD184 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Brendan61 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:09 am
Hello GTD184, Listening to the clip you have on you Tube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O96j_x9M3fk

I can confirm the noise on mine is the same as yours. Mine has just completed about 2300 miles. It seems to show up worst when travelling slowly climbing hills in second gear but can also be heard occasionally at slow speeds on light throttle. Possibly Something to do with the automated clutch?. I hope VW comes up with a fix for this pretty quockly......
HI Brendan61 is your Tiguan 4 Motion?....I am not aware of any other owners with the 150ps engine confirm this noise to date!
Delivered 03.03.2017 - Tiguan R-Line 190ps - Pure White - Leather, Dynaudio, Keyless/Electric Tailgate, Park Assist/RV Camera, Towbar, Prog Steering, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Heated O/Rear Seats, 4 Year Warranty, Service Pack & Bootliner! :D

GTD184

Post by GTD184 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:13 pm

Chris wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:58 pm
GTD184 wrote:
SingaporeTiguan wrote:

I think you are jumping to conclusions with no facts, the fault may well be external to the gearbox such as a gearbox mount issue or even damage caused by whatever bent the shaft. It will be interesting to see what the problem is and getting VW to admit anything is a hard road to hoe as you yourself have found out.

On viewing the video upload I am of the opinion that external factors may have contributed to the defect but the noise emanating from Singapore Tiguan's gearbox is without doubt an internal gearbox noise not external.......quite possibly connect to the bent driveshaft?.....only a complete disassembly will conclude the facts.

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:45 pm

GTD184 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:13 pm
Chris wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:58 pm
GTD184 wrote:

.only a complete disassembly will conclude the facts.
Exactly my point.