Adblue - reset the warning manually

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
Mixtu
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:51 am

Adblue - reset the warning manually

Post by Mixtu » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:23 am

Has anyone had to do this? I put in 4 litres and I am still getting a warning saying I need to re-fill in 200 miles! I read some Touareg and Passat owners having to reset manually as the car doesn't do it if you add less than 5-6 litres.

If anyone has experienced this it would be good to know?

cheers

M
Ordered 29th Sept 2016 – Delivered 20th March.
Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TDI 4Motion 150PS 7-Speed DSG - Debadged - White - Park Assist - Reversing camera


c_w
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:40 pm

Re: Adblue - reset the warning manually

Post by c_w » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:40 am

Yes I think you're better filling it fully back up otherwise it doesn't reset properly.


rockman2
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:35 pm
Location: Wemyss Bay, Scotland

Re: Adblue - reset the warning manually

Post by rockman2 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:11 pm

Mixtu wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:23 am
Has anyone had to do this? I put in 4 litres and I am still getting a warning saying I need to re-fill in 200 miles! I read some Touareg and Passat owners having to reset manually as the car doesn't do it if you add less than 5-6 litres.

If anyone has experienced this it would be good to know?

cheers

M
After you put it in did you turn on the ignition and leave it for 30 seconds or so before starting the car ?
MK2 Tiguan 2.0 150TDi S Deep Black Pearl with nothing apart from a couple of chrome exhaust tips and replacement headlight bulbs.


User avatar
Mixtu
Posts: 50
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:51 am

Re: Adblue - reset the warning manually

Post by Mixtu » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:14 am

yes, warning went away but its back on again.
Ordered 29th Sept 2016 – Delivered 20th March.
Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TDI 4Motion 150PS 7-Speed DSG - Debadged - White - Park Assist - Reversing camera


JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Adblue - reset the warning manually

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:17 pm

rockman2 wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:11 pm
Mixtu wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:23 am
Has anyone had to do this? I put in 4 litres and I am still getting a warning saying I need to re-fill in 200 miles! I read some Touareg and Passat owners having to reset manually as the car doesn't do it if you add less than 5-6 litres.

If anyone has experienced this it would be good to know?

cheers

M
After you put it in did you turn on the ignition and leave it for 30 seconds or so before starting the car ?
Just had to put addblue into our car for the first time and filled all the way up, left ignition on for 30 seconds and it still tells me to add the adblue, anyone found out how to remove this?
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.


F2paul
Posts: 442
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:56 am
Location: South Essex

Re: Adblue - reset the warning manually

Post by F2paul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:21 pm

I`ve topped up a couple of times ,full 10l and hadn`t bothered with the 30 seconds ignition on. It immediately registered the adblue full range on the display.
2.0. TDi tuning 296PS , DSG , SEL 4 motion Indium Grey. Collected 31.1.18


JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Adblue - reset the warning manually

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:22 pm

F2paul wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:21 pm
I`ve topped up a couple of times ,full 10l and hadn`t bothered with the 30 seconds ignition on. It immediately registered the adblue full range on the display.
Strange how some cars do register and others are not.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.


CNC
Posts: 1173
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:59 pm
Location: South West UK

Re: Adblue - reset the warning manually

Post by CNC » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:14 pm

You must be careful to put in an amount that it states on the dash, it will give a minimum and maximum amount.
Put too much in and it can confuse the system, as can putting too little in.
If you put too much in you can cover the level sensor which then can't see the level at all so gives a false warning.
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged


Post Reply

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”


VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.