Lead Times

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
naymo

Re: Lead Times

Post by naymo » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Not plucking a date out of the air, I saved a screenshot of the transcript so I could show the wife.
Tiguan 2.0 SE Nav, White Silver ordered 15/05/18 collected 16/10/18 :)

andypj

Post by andypj » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:51 pm

naymo wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:37 pm
Not plucking a date out of the air, I saved a screenshot of the transcript so I could show the wife.
I should’ve said your none owning experience of a vw ;) :D how did your wife take it, or is she not bothered about cars. Have you considered a BMW X3? There are a few dealers selling pre-reg 68’s with no miles and reasonable discounts, don’t look on autotrader, give them a call and ask if interested.
White R Line DSG 4motion 150 tdi, areaview, dynaudio, keyless & electric boot.
Collected 28/11/18 :D

AlanH

Post by AlanH » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:20 am

if it's in transit like mine and other car should be with you in 4 weeks maybe even sooner, December is bollox
White R-Line 150 SWB DSG 4Motion
Ordered First week of April
First went missing and still is so put on different order
Build week Confirmed 10th Sept
Arrived at Dealers
Docs Signed awaiting delivery date

naymo

Post by naymo » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:32 am

andypj wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:51 pm
naymo wrote:
I should’ve said your none owning experience of a vw ;) :D how did your wife take it, or is she not bothered about cars. Have you considered a BMW X3? There are a few dealers selling pre-reg 68’s with no miles and reasonable discounts, don’t look on autotrader, give them a call and ask if interested.
Not very well to say the least as I’m getting this car for her! We looked at the X3 but she didn’t gel with it like the Tiguan. Looking to make contact with the dealer today.

Wildcat

Post by Wildcat » Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:20 pm

Yippee! My new Tiggy is "in transit" step 5a! Couldn't believe my eyes when the sms came through! I think I must have yelped with delight as everyone in the office was looking at me with confused faces, oops. So I've gone from "scheduled for build", bypassed "build in progress" and gone straight to transit! Looking very promising, but I do feel sorry for those of you who have opted for a different engine as per previous posts on this thread and are understandably very angry and frustrated with VW at this time.
2.0 TDi SWB 150ps 4Motion SEL 6sp man in Atlantic Blue with swivelling towbar MY2019

Stamfordboy

Post by Stamfordboy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi had message yesterday saying stage 5a in transit VW customer service told me it's at port awaiting paperwork , then early this morning received message gone to stage 5b which means released to shipping company for next available ship to UK according to VW customer service, it will change to 5c or code 39 when loaded with the name of ship can take a few days to be loaded but shipping company working hard to reduce delivery time that's what I was told today , so got quite excited when my VW application changed twice within 24hrs as it hasn't moved since July stuck on build confirmed until yesterday . So fingers crossed that VW at last are getting their act together at long last,now 27 weeks since order

astra123

Post by astra123 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:25 am

Ordered June 22nd 2018 Tiguan R-line 2.0 tdi 150ps Dsg 2wd no extras - Got this message this morning - From Rieva at Livechat - Thank you for waiting, Your vehicle has been built and is in transit, 5a banked due to WLTP testing, these tests are now complete and we are waiting for certification to arrive. Due to this the earliest estimate for vehicles of your type to arrive in the UK will be the week commencing the 26th November.

naymo

Post by naymo » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:11 pm

naymo wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:32 am
andypj wrote:
naymo wrote:
Not very well to say the least as I’m getting this car for her! We looked at the X3 but she didn’t gel with it like the Tiguan. Looking to make contact with the dealer today.
I rang the dealer, who told me that the car is on the ship so I asked why did the live chat team tell me it was due for delivery in December? “I’m sorry but we are not sure why, but can guarantee that the car is on a ship.” was their response. Law and behold my vw app has updated 3 times since then and the car is ‘near the UK’ (stage 5c) and I could be picking it up in the next couple of weeks!!!

It’s been an experience this VW hopefully 1 that we never have to go through again!

Newfie

Post by Newfie » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:54 am

naymo wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:11 pm
naymo wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:32 am
andypj wrote:

I rang the dealer, who told me that the car is on the ship so I asked why did the live chat team tell me it was due for delivery in December? “I’m sorry but we are not sure why, but can guarantee that the car is on a ship.” was their response. Law and behold my vw app has updated 3 times since then and the car is ‘near the UK’ (stage 5c) and I could be picking it up in the next couple of weeks!!!

It’s been an experience this VW hopefully 1 that we never have to go through again!
I have a Tiguan which is currently being offloaded the Weser Highway in Grimsby (I hope) but I got an email from my dealer to say they have to store it until these vehicles get their WLTP certificate and that email was sent to all dealers. So when it will be released for registration no one knows.
Tiguan SWB SEL 2.0 TDI 4Motion 150PS 7-Speed DSG MY2019 White Silver. Collected 26/10/18
&
Tiguan SWB Match 2.0TDi 150PS DSG Caribbean Blue (Wife's car). Collected 23/4/19

astra123

Post by astra123 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:40 am

Lateast text this morning - Ordered June 22nd 2018 Tiguan R-line 2.0 tdi 150ps Dsg 2wd no extras - Your car is on the next stage 5b, of its journey to the UK. On average it takes 3 weeks for this model to reach your local Volkswagen Retailer.