Vw tiguan delays

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Gman1965

Vw tiguan delays

Post by Gman1965 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:50 am

Hello everyone,
I have just joined the forum looking for some advice please.

I ordered on 29th January 2018 a Tiguan SEL 190 DSG with upgrades -
Leather, dynaudio, keyless entry, heated windscreen & headlight washers.

I was initially told an April delivery but was then changed to May and has now seems to be a mid-May unconfirmed build week and only put back from the 14th to the 21st.
Now I have yesterday received the standard Vw email regarding the WLTP emissions and how my co2 and mpg stats may worse.
Is anyone in the same situation as myself?

Tbh I am a fair bit scunnered with all this and having complained officially I received a call that could not help me..... just an apology.

Is this car worth the wait?
Is the WLTP emissions not really much to be worried about?
Has anyone in a similar position been compensated?

Any advice would be appreciated
Graham

Ps - I am trading in my Scirocco R line and happy to go back to SUVs again.

mrew42

Re: Vw tiguan delays

Post by mrew42 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Its just the test procedures that have changed, meaning the numbers will be different but no difference at all in the car. It' s perhaps a bit more 'honest' than the numbers you can currently see.
1.4TSI BMT 150 4Motion SE NAV DSG - Indium Grey
2 Year lease through Hub Leasing - Ordered 13/02/18 - Delivered 09/03/18

AlanH

Post by AlanH » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:44 pm

My tig will be in build june time (on lease) and the WLTP figures have worried me slightly. As yours is in build before 1st September and delivered yours should not be affected. However anything after the 1st September using the new measurement light or something emissions levels will be reviewed and as this test is more accurate could affect the band in which the car was original quoted as being (looking at it it can only be worse if more accurate) tig i have on order is 149co2 2 more and it jumps up quite a lot in monies which has worried me. I spoke with various people and the part most car manufacturers are hoping for is the government say anything in production before 1st September or built and unsold stock can remain as specified old co2 emissions as long as they are sold within a certain time frame. this is what happened with the euro 5 and 6 diesel rating previously.

Ref lead times, contacting lease companies and local VW garages i was advised its a 42 week lead time on tiguans!
White R-Line 150 SWB DSG 4Motion
Ordered First week of April
First went missing and still is so put on different order
Build week Confirmed 10th Sept
Arrived at Dealers
Docs Signed awaiting delivery date

LspaceJ

Post by LspaceJ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:05 pm

I know this might be bleeding obvious and might not work for you, but have you looked around for what's available from stock? You might not be able to get exactly what you want, but you can probably get pretty close.

We originally ordered a car in early Jan but then changed to one that was built and about to be shipped to the UK. Had 90% what we wanted and for us that was preferable to a long wait - car was delivered in 4 weeks.
2018 67 plate 180 TSI R-line in Atlantic Blue

AlanH

Post by AlanH » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:22 pm

not sure about op's position but my current lease on the GTD runs out in September so cant take the car then, it was hard enough finding one in build not taken but managed too, it will be built before September and then put in storage until the date i have requested.
Arrived at Dealers

claretmike

Post by claretmike » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:24 pm

I ordered my Tiguan on 2nd April which was bank holiday Monday. The dealer said he would do the finance and order the following day. Was advised lunch time Tuesday 3rd that all accepted and no issues.

I was made aware on the Monday that there was a lead time of around 26-30 weeks for the car. I was a bit unsure but decided to still do it. My order form confirmed 30th September.

Having contacted VW about their app being a bit crap and slow at updating, they surprised me by saying that my car has a confirmed build week of of next week (w/c 23/4). Hopefully should have it by mid - end of May.

Clearly Im delighted by this but just shows how lead times are not as straight forward as you would expect as it should be built and delivered within 8 weeks.
2.0 TDI R-LINE 240 BiTurbo - No extras. Collected 5/6/18

pobk

Post by pobk » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 pm

claretmike wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:24 pm
I ordered my Tiguan on 2nd April which was bank holiday Monday. The dealer said he would do the finance and order the following day. Was advised lunch time Tuesday 3rd that all accepted and no issues.

I was made aware on the Monday that there was a lead time of around 26-30 weeks for the car. I was a bit unsure but decided to still do it. My order form confirmed 30th September.

Having contacted VW about their app being a bit crap and slow at updating, they surprised me by saying that my car has a confirmed build week of of next week (w/c 23/4). Hopefully should have it by mid - end of May.

Clearly Im delighted by this but just shows how lead times are not as straight forward as you would expect as it should be built and delivered within 8 weeks.
That's actually frustrating to hear... I've stuck 3 options on mine and and I'm looking at end of August... I guess the 190PS TDI DSGs + 4Motion are in high demand :(

~ R

AlanH

Post by AlanH » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:08 am

yep sure 190 engine are certainly more than the 150 diesels. When in VW the sales guy mentioned the new polo GTU after two weeks on sale they had to withdraw it as they couldnt cope with the amount of orders
Arrived at Dealers

Gman1965

Post by Gman1965 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:54 am

Thanks for the info guys!

Graham

Bluezed

Post by Bluezed » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:48 am

Ordered mine end of March, checked today and build date gone to 'confirmed' at 14th May.
Expected mid / end of June which is what dealer put on my invoice.
Time really drags when waiting for a new car.
2.0TSI R Line in White. DCC, Voice Recognition, Winter Pack, Keyless with Electric Tailgate, HUD, Park Assist with Camera. Ordered March 28th. Built and in VW compound 14th May. Collected 9th June 2018.

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.