Suzuka wheels

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Badger1en
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:08 am

Suzuka wheels

Post by Badger1en » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:37 pm

took delivery on Saturday of r line tiguan
was looking into taking out alloy wheel insurance through the link on here
but noticed that diamond cut wheels are not covered . Could someone confirm if correct and was wondering if this is the case does anyone know any companies that do.
i have seen how the wife drives :D and i don't expect they will be in pristine condition for long
thanks for any replies
R Line Tsi 2 Ltl Black Dcc Electric tailgate Vienna leather Rear view camera with park assist now with side steps
Ordered 11th Feb
Collected 9th June :D :D
now happy driving

User avatar
mrew42
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am
Location: Havering

Re: Suzuka wheels

Post by mrew42 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 pm

Gap insurance often covers this sort of thing
https://totallossgap.co.uk/alloy-wheel- ... Loss%20Gap
2020 R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG in Pure White - Carista tweaks, Bumper Protector, Heko Wind Deflectors. Carshades, DTE pedal box

Badger1en
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:08 am

Re: Suzuka wheels

Post by Badger1en » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:55 pm

mrew42 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:24 pm
Gap insurance often covers this sort of thing
https://totallossgap.co.uk/alloy-wheel- ... Loss%20Gap
thanks for your help

taken it out now

peace of mind
R Line Tsi 2 Ltl Black Dcc Electric tailgate Vienna leather Rear view camera with park assist now with side steps
Ordered 11th Feb
Collected 9th June :D :D
now happy driving

Bluezed
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:11 pm
Location: Worthing

Re: Suzuka wheels

Post by Bluezed » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:45 pm

Just done the same. £191 for 3 year cover (max 4 claims per year)
Thanks guys for the information.
2.0TSI R Line in White. DCC, Voice Recognition, Winter Pack, Keyless with Electric Tailgate, HUD, Park Assist with Camera. Ordered March 28th. Built and in VW compound 14th May. Collected 9th June 2018.

User avatar
mrew42
Posts: 1279
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am
Location: Havering

Re: Suzuka wheels

Post by mrew42 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:53 pm

I should be on commission :)
2020 R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG in Pure White - Carista tweaks, Bumper Protector, Heko Wind Deflectors. Carshades, DTE pedal box

JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Suzuka wheels

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:20 pm

Only any good if you collected the car in the last 30 days otherwise they do not offer cover. :(

So if your car is older then 30 days your out of luck.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

User avatar
182_blue
Posts: 1778
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Re: Suzuka wheels

Post by 182_blue » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:29 pm

JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:20 pm
Only any good if you collected the car in the last 30 days otherwise they do not offer cover. :(

So if your car is older then 30 days your out of luck.
Badger1en wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:37 pm
took delivery on Saturday of r line tiguan
8-)
Mk2 R Line , DSG 180 petrol

User avatar
claretmike
Posts: 217
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:55 pm

Re: Suzuka wheels

Post by claretmike » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm

I will be using these for my alloys - took their GAP on Saturday. I had GAP 123 which is same group of companies on my last car as they offered the best cover I could find last time.

Even using the MSE25 code for ALA, I couldn't get them anywhere near these guys for Gap.

Have cover on tyres and alloys in place taken through dealer; so just waiting for payday and then I can buy this also through them and then cancel the insurances I took through the dealer.
2.0 TDI R-LINE 240 BiTurbo - No extras. Collected 5/6/18

JK-VWTiguanR
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm

Re: Suzuka wheels

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 pm

claretmike wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm
I will be using these for my alloys - took their GAP on Saturday. I had GAP 123 which is same group of companies on my last car as they offered the best cover I could find last time.

Even using the MSE25 code for ALA, I couldn't get them anywhere near these guys for Gap.

Have cover on tyres and alloys in place taken through dealer; so just waiting for payday and then I can buy this also through them and then cancel the insurances I took through the dealer.
How did you get alloy insurance on the 20 inch Suzuki alloys through VW dealer when VW does not cover these alloys?

Unless you dealer uses an independent company that does?
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

User avatar
182_blue
Posts: 1778
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:05 pm

Re: Suzuka wheels

Post by 182_blue » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:46 pm

JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:40 pm
claretmike wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:35 pm
I will be using these for my alloys - took their GAP on Saturday. I had GAP 123 which is same group of companies on my last car as they offered the best cover I could find last time.

Even using the MSE25 code for ALA, I couldn't get them anywhere near these guys for Gap.

Have cover on tyres and alloys in place taken through dealer; so just waiting for payday and then I can buy this also through them and then cancel the insurances I took through the dealer.
How did you get alloy insurance on the 20 inch Suzuki alloys through VW dealer when VW does not cover these alloys?

Unless you dealer uses an independent company that does?
My dealer did covers all wheels (i didn't take any cover out), the issue arises in the repairs they do, with diamond cut the most they would do is to spray the alloy with a bright silver to hide the marks, they wont re diamond cut the wheels.
Mk2 R Line , DSG 180 petrol

Post Reply