Tiguan Coasting Function

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
BigSwede

Re: Tiguan Coasting Function

Post by BigSwede » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:26 pm

The coasting function is turned off at every start. This is due to safety... allegedly. If someone drives off not expecting it to coast it might come as a surprise and create a dangerous situation.
2019 Tiguan SWB 2.0 190 TSi 4Motion 7DSG.
Pure White, Disc Navi, AID, Full front & rear LED, Dynaudio, Easy Open, Keyless, Area View, ergoActive, Side/Rear/Emergency/TrafficJam/Park-assist, Heater and more...

dettol1

Post by dettol1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:03 pm

Madspoons wrote:Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I want the opposite. With everything set on normal mode, my car coasts and the eco logo appears when going down hills with your feet off the pedals. I don't want it to coast and I cant find out how to turn it off. Can someone save me half an hour of manual reading? I have a 2 week old 150bhp r line with dsg.
Do you have 4wd or 2wd? I've got a 2wd MY19 1.5 dsg and it seems that coasting is always available when some conditions are met. I think it needs to be slight downhill but I haven't noticed of it is activated when ACC is on or not. Anyway it doesn't bother me , just I think it behaves slightly differently than what is mentioned in previous posts. I don't have driving mode selector.

Madspoons

Post by Madspoons » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:49 pm

It's 4 wheel drive. I'm sure it's faulty as it goes into eco coast constantly as soon as I take my foot off on any slight downhill. Goes into coast in eco mode but in sport it doesn't coast.

Wildcat

Post by Wildcat » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:57 pm

This must just be isolated to DSGs as I haven't experienced anything like that in the manual (sorry in advance if this is an obvious statement)
2.0 TDi SWB 150ps 4Motion SEL 6sp man in Atlantic Blue with swivelling towbar MY2019

mrew42

Post by mrew42 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:18 am

4Motion DSG here albeit with a 14 Tsi Petrol lump SE Nav
Without touching anything my Tig starts in D mode and will not coast
I have to engage Eco mode for it to coast (and the D changes to E on the Dash)
Same thing happens every time I start the engine, it goes back to D
Unless something different is possible with the R-Line , then i'd go back to the dealer and ask what's occurring
1.4TSI BMT 150 4Motion SE NAV DSG - Indium Grey
2 Year lease through Hub Leasing - Ordered 13/02/18 - Delivered 09/03/18

Jumborat

Post by Jumborat » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 am

It won't coast every time I lift of the accelerator like in eco but mine will coast in normal and individual. I've never had sport selected for long enough to try it in that profile.

It does get annoying having to dab the brakes to keep within the speed limit when engine braking would suffice.
Tiguan 2.0 TDi 150PS SEL DSG, Indium Grey.

03/08/18 Ordered
26/10/18 Collected

FTT

Post by FTT » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:18 am

hantshog wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:24 pm
OK I tried my Rline out just now and share what mine does.

Driving along in normal drive I put it into eco, take foot off accelerator and it coasts. Foot on accelerator or brake and it stays in eco without coasting. Take foot off accelerator and back to coasting in eco.
Stop the car in eco and switch off, take key out and open and shut door. Start car again and car has remained in eco, driving away and taking foot off accelerator, it's coasting.

Seems to be functioning as I would expect.
Perhaps you need to request dealer to take a look.
Ditto here +2
R line 2lt Tsi DSG, Black, park assist with rear view camera, winter pack, wind deflectors, boot liner and roof bars :D

Madspoons

Post by Madspoons » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:07 am

Sounds like more than just me then with this issue. It really pees me off having to dab the brakes or pull the gear paddle on a hill to use engine braking.

I wonder if it's a WLTP fix to pass testing?

Madspoons

Post by Madspoons » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:38 pm

You can all rest easy, I have sat and read a manual for the first time in years. Coasting is enabled in all driving modes except sport. Not impressed with that.

pbrom

Post by pbrom » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:36 pm

My coasting function works in normal as well as eco mides
2018 Tiguan SE Nav. 2.0 TDI 110 kw DSG with Factory Tow Bar

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.