Side Scan vs Emergency Assist

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Wesbar

Side Scan vs Emergency Assist

Post by Wesbar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 am

Does anyone know why you cant have both of these options in the VW configurator?

And if you can have only one, which would you pick?

Thanks

Tricky

Re: Side Scan vs Emergency Assist

Post by Tricky » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:38 am

Maybe selecting one includes the other?

Me, side scan you'll probably use every day, emergency assist you'll probably never need or use, unless you're in a significant accident.

Wesbar

Post by Wesbar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 am

I did wonder if emergency assist included side assist but there’s no mention on the VW website and its only £5 more.

cyrix2000

Post by cyrix2000 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:15 am

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/ ... leases/988

"It merges Lane Assist (lane-keeping system), ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control), Side Assist (lane change system) and Park Assist into one system and, within the bounds of its capabilities, brings the car to a standstill."

So, yes. it includes Side Scan (and other things)

Wesbar

Post by Wesbar » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:46 pm

I’m not sure. That article refers to side assist, not side scan. And given its from 2017 might be different with 2019 cars given the differing names. I’ll get the dealer to check and report back. Can’t see why you’d have side scan in the emergency assist for only £5 more. Makes zero sense. Just offer the emergency assist.

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:47 pm

You get all the options apart from Side Assist as standard on the Match model upwards, they are listed as each item under the standard specification listing..

The side assist is a paid extra on all models.

Tiguan Match upwards standard spec,
Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
Front assist
Lane Assist
Park Assist with parking sensors front and rear
Park Assist with rear-view camera
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

Wesbar

Post by Wesbar » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Dealer confirmed today they are separate things which you can't pick together and the emergency assist does not contain side assist. Don't think I’ll bother with either as I only really wanted lane assist and hadn’t realised that was standard anyway. Thanks for the input guys.

cyrix2000

Post by cyrix2000 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:01 am

I'm not so sure about that... in the German VW configurator it clearly states that Emergency Assist contains Side Assist. VW could be a bit more clear about this.

Does anyone have a Tiguan with Emergency Assist configured and can confirm that it also has Side Assist?

Wesbar

Post by Wesbar » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:28 am

Do you have a link? My german is not great :D

cyrix2000

Post by cyrix2000 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:28 am

It's within the configurator (option "Fahrerassistenz Paket Plus"). It only shows that it is (technically) possible to have Side Assist and Emergency Assist together. Of course it could be that for whatever reason VW UK have decided not to allow both being combined.

Here the description text (in German):
"Emergency Assist", Stauassistent, Ausparkassistent sowie "Side Assist Plus" inkl. "Lane Assist"*1
Er kann im medizinischen Notfall Leben retten: Der Emergency Assist erkennt - im Rahmen der Systemgrenzen - eine Fahruntüchtigkeit des Fahrers. Wird keine Lenk-, Brems- oder Beschleunigungsaktivität erkannt, kann das System das Fahrzeug in der Spur halten und zum Stillstand abbremsen.

Der Stauassistent ermöglicht ein komfortables Folgefahren in Stausituationen und hilft, typische Stauunfälle zu vermeiden. Das System hält das Fahrzeug in der Spur und steuert selbsttätig Gas und Bremse.

Beim Spurwechselassistenten „Side Assist“ überwachen im Rahmen der Grenzen des Systems Radarsensoren im Heckbereich den rückwärtigen Verkehr. Sollte sich während des beabsichtigten Spurwechsels ein vom Radar erfasstes Fahrzeug im nicht einsehbaren Bereich befinden oder sollten sich Fahrzeuge schnell von hinten annähern, warnt das System den Fahrer optisch über eine Anzeige im Außenspiegel. Bei Gefahr beim Spurwechsel wird der Fahrer zusätzlich durch korrigierenden Lenkeingriff gewarnt.

Der Spurhalteassistent „Lane Assist“ kann im Rahmen der Grenzen des Systems die Aufmerksamkeit des Fahrers mit einem korrigierenden Lenkeingriff zurück auf das Fahrgeschehen lenken, sobald das Fahrzeug droht, die Spur unbeabsichtigt zu verlassen.

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.