Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Two weeks without Car-Net?

5K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  mrew42 
#1 ·
Had my brand new Tiguan 2 weeks now, STILL NO CARNET ON INFOTAINMENT!😩. Anyone else had 'carnet error'. They are saying it's because I have a Pixel XL2 and they have an android issue and need to fix it. Even my texts have stopped working on VW system, fine on Android Auto. Frustrating. Anyone else have this issue?

#3 ·
Tenatious said:
I got my Tiguan lease dropped off last week on Tuesday. Car-net worked straight away for me but I am using iOS and not Android.
Same here. Faultless in the car but on my PC couldn't log in so had to use the forgotten password option. Changed the password even though I knew I was using the correct one and it let me log in.

#9 ·
It's just the car-net within the car. It will not connect from its hot spot. My phones hot spot works with my laptop and another phone but not the car. Car net support has mentioned I will have to wait for update for the android !

#10 ·
Ah - so not an actual Car-Net issue, more a hotspot with Android 9 issue. Got it.
Was going to say no Car-Net issues here with my Android 9 Mate 10 Pro, but i've got a 3 sim and dongle in the boot providing mi-fi for Car-Net etc.

#11 ·
Alx said:
It's just the car-net within the car. It will not connect from its hot spot. My phones hot spot works with my laptop and another phone but not the car. Car net support has mentioned I will have to wait for update for the android !
With my iphone X I have to switch off the hotspot and switch it back on for carnet to connect. Have you tried that?

#12 ·
Hi yes, I have managed to connect with another mobile, but the hotspot for my pixel XL 2 is just not having it. Car recognises the phone but internet not connecting! Might just have to get a mifi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.