Keyless Entry / Faraday Pouch. REVIEW: SAMFOLK MINI FRADAY

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
lagerorwine

Re: Keyless Entry / Faraday Pouch. REVIEW: SAMFOLK MINI FRADAY

Post by lagerorwine » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Its obviously a wear and tear problem. I bought 3 off Ebay about 2 yrs ago. After reading the thread a coupe of weeks ago, I checked mine. The one used all the time had failed, the one containing the spare key that sits in a drawer at home was fine, as was the unused spare (which is now in use to replace the dodgy one).

I have the house key on the fob that failed, so that might be the issue on mine. Cant remember exactly, but they were less than £5 for the three, and were sold by Chinese Ebay seller 'guider7-1'. Just looked, and no items for sale currently
17 reg, Tiguan 190 DSG 4Motion SEL in Tungsten Silver (matches my hair), with Area View, Towbar, Keyless entry/Elec Tailgate, 4yr warranty , Caravanner

PaulC

Post by PaulC » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:49 pm

I bought two Solon Security pouches off Amazon in October 2017.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... UTF8&psc=1

I use one of them all the time, usually put my key inside it when I don't think I'm going out again that day.
I keep the spare in the other pouch and it's rarely taken out, so don't expect it will have suffered any wear or damage.

Just tested them both and they're working fine.

I note that they're even cheaper now than they were two years ago, at £3.99 instead of £5.49.
Ex-demo 2.0TDI BMT 150 4Motion Indium Grey, Manual, Discover Navigation System

Papalazarou

Post by Papalazarou » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:55 am

Thanks. I "think" I've decided to embrace the keyless aspect when out and about, and just carry the key in my bag / pocket and not bother with a pouch day to day.

But I have just bought one of these to keep the keys in when at home and parked on the drive when we won't be using the any more that day.

https://blockr.co.uk/keyless-car-hack-t ... -the-rise/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blockr-Keyless ... B07F3J64ZF

I'll let you know if it's any good....
19-Plate 1.5 Tiguan R-Line TECH EVO: Indium Grey / Leather / NavPro & DynAudio / TPMS / Debadged
Lead time from March19 was 3 months. Collected June19.

scifipleb

Post by scifipleb » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:24 am

That's a mighty expensive coffee tin you have there :)

Tubemonster

Post by Tubemonster » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:21 pm

scifipleb wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:24 am
:shock: Definitely! You could get around 6 pouches for that. I'm the same as others where I bought two and one doesn't get touched and the other just sits on the bedside table overnight (so to speak) and the "used" one still works. Are people using them during the day? Why? Do you sit in an office near your car?
Tiguan SWB R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 4Motion 190PS 7 Speed DSG - Tow bar
Ordered 11/08/18 ///Build date 21/01/19///In Transit 19/01/19 (early)///Arrived in UK 24/01/19
Collected 16/2/19 🎉

Dasco

Post by Dasco » Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:05 am

Well contacted the seller on Amazon and asked for a refund and money was refunded that day.
I looked at loads of pouches and read reviews and everyone had several reviews stating that the pouches failed around three months so looked at Faraday boxes but they are expensive for what they are, basically a metal box.
I had a look around at home and found a John Paul Gaultier aftershave tin.
To test this I placed key fob in the tin while sat in the car and tried the starter button. "No Key Found" appears on AID so they worked.
Luckily I had a second tin so could put my wife's keys in one and mine in the other now the keys live in these in a cupboard when at we are at home. Total cost nothing and they will never fail.
19 - Plate, SEL, 2.0 TDI 190, 4Motion DSG Deep Black Pearl
09/03/19 - Ordered

28/06 - Picked up

Papalazarou

Post by Papalazarou » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:00 pm

scifipleb wrote:
:lol:

I actually quite like it. It's very small.
19-Plate 1.5 Tiguan R-Line TECH EVO: Indium Grey / Leather / NavPro & DynAudio / TPMS / Debadged
Lead time from March19 was 3 months. Collected June19.

SGreen679

Post by SGreen679 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:05 pm

Papalazarou wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:00 pm
scifipleb wrote:
:lol:

I actually quite like it. It's very small.
Can you fit a jar of coffee in it though? :D
Tiguan Rline Tech, 4Motion, DSG, 150TDi, White, Side Scan, H/L Washers, Tow Bar, with Ghost

Ordered 7 June 19, delivered 18 Oct 19

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:16 pm

I bought my Samfolk pouches back in June, and testing them again they’re both working fine. I’ll obviously test them regularly in the light of other people’s experiences here.
I did find a small tin at home, I reckon it may have been a sweet tin, so just out of curiosity, as the key fitted exactly, I thought I’d give it a try. Failed completely, so that proves that not just any old tin will work. Maybe the metal was too thin, who knows, but I’ll be sticking with my pouch for now.

AD49F28D-4CE4-4BEA-A2B6-D43F3E69F2C9.jpeg

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.