230 R-Line Tech different on DVLA

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
JK-VWTiguanR

Re: 230 R-Line Tech different on DVLA

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:17 pm

Topics merged.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

mrsunnymatharu

Re: Incorrect V5 details

Post by mrsunnymatharu » Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:36 am

Zobware wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:36 pm
To be honest all the enjoyment I should be experiencing of getting a new car has gone.  I'm now beyond caring and I'm feeling let down by VW. When you spend £35k+ on a car you expect better, my experiences with Mercedes and BMW was fantastic and I just don't know what I'm going to do next. 

This afternoon I was ready to tell them to cancel the order and I'd just walk away and lose my £500 deposit. Damage to the car, V5 incorrect, maybe I'm being emotional but I did expect better.

R-line tech 1.5tsi DSG
Premium Signature Oryx White
Dynamic Chassis Control
Emergency Assist
Heated Rear Seats
TPMS
De-badged
Gloss Black mirror covers
Running boards
Time to put your foot down.
The worst case scenario, you walk away, it's only a car and you'll lose your £500 deposit. There's plenty of other dealers and manufacturers out there open for your business.
The best scenario, they treat you with more respect and meet your needs
The fact, it will take time to sort and its out of your hands

Every situation can be resolved but you're in the driving seat and it's for you to take charge otherwise you'll just get more frustrated and annoyed
2020 Tiguan 1.5TSI EVO 150PS R-Line Tech 2WD DSG. Indium Grey. Delivered June 20

mrew42

Post by mrew42 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:29 am

As awful as it may seem, it is resolvable and at the end of the day doesn't affect your Tig in anyway. Some would say it's just a piece of paper. As long as you're clear with your insurer that it's wrong and will get corrected there's no long term fallout of this, other than your trust in the brand. Try and be objective about it, voice your displeasure and try and enjoy your tig.
2020 R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG in Pure White - Carista tweaks, Bumper Protector, Heko Wind Deflectors. Carshades, DTE pedal box

Kugaman1

Post by Kugaman1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:38 am

mrew42 wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:29 am
As awful as it may seem, it is resolvable and at the end of the day doesn't affect your Tig in anyway. Some would say it's just a piece of paper. As long as you're clear with your insurer that it's wrong and will get corrected there's no long term fallout of this, other than your trust in the brand. Try and be objective about it, voice your displeasure and try and enjoy your tig.
Hmm, no long term fallout?

If you bought your car, rather than lease.....wait till you try to get a trade in value.

Every site Ive been on values my car as an SEL.
Silver R Line Tech 230...now gone.........current car a BMW M135i X Drive

Zobware

Post by Zobware » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:42 am

mrew42 wrote:As awful as it may seem, it is resolvable and at the end of the day doesn't affect your Tig in anyway. Some would say it's just a piece of paper. As long as you're clear with your insurer that it's wrong and will get corrected there's no long term fallout of this, other than your trust in the brand. Try and be objective about it, voice your displeasure and try and enjoy your tig.
You are right, fortunately I've slept on it and feel better this morning, I'm sure all the issues will be sorted out. In 6 months I'll put the private plate on so by then will have the correct details on the V5, when systems then get updated this should hopefully be reflected on all the databases that companies use!

Dealer will still know I'm not happy when I collect.

R-line tech 1.5tsi DSG
Premium Signature Oryx White
Dynamic Chassis Control
Emergency Assist
Heated Rear Seats
TPMS
De-badged
Gloss Black mirror covers
Running boards

mrew42

Post by mrew42 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:46 am

That's the spirit [emoji106]
2020 R Line Tech 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG in Pure White - Carista tweaks, Bumper Protector, Heko Wind Deflectors. Carshades, DTE pedal box

Kugaman1

Post by Kugaman1 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:08 am

Zobware wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:42 am
mrew42 wrote:In 6 months I'll put the private plate on so by then will have the correct details on the V5, when systems then get updated this should hopefully be reflected on all the databases that companies use!

Dealer will still know I'm not happy when I collect.

I hope your right mate, its been 3 months since my v5 got sorted and pretty much every database for insurance/valuations still shows mine as an SEL!
Silver R Line Tech 230...now gone.........current car a BMW M135i X Drive

RJW

Post by RJW » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:30 pm

Sadly, this is still going on and it is by far not a new issue! My 20 Plate R-Line Tech 1.5 TSI DSG vehicle designation is incorrectly shown on both the vehicle V5C and in the My VW app. In both instances shown incorrectly as "Tiguan SEL TSI 4Motion S-A". Apart from the designation the other detail on the V5C appears to be correct. I note from previous posts that instances of this error have been seen for quite some time (Jun 19). Dealer sorting my issue out with DVLA but root cause I believe is incorrect car designation input on VW master database as reflected in My VW app for this car. Not a good reflection on VW sorting a recurring issue first brought to their attention at least 9 months or more ago.
Now have 20 Plate R-Line Tech 1.5 litre EVO 150 ps DSG in Tungsten Silver with Standard Spec.
Replaced 67 Plate SEL 2.0 TSI 180PS 4Motion 7spd-DSG in Ruby Red with 20" Miramar Alloys and DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control)

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:52 pm

The question is who is making these errors, VW or the dealer when they register the car.

Now correct me if i am wrong but i thought the dealer registers the car so are they at fault?
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

RJW

Post by RJW » Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:57 pm

An interesting point! Dealer blames VW for issue giving impression that some sort of master database of VW imports into UK is visible to DVLA. Who knows? Waiting for a response from VW customer care on the matter. Maybe they will indicate who is at fault, probably not!
Now have 20 Plate R-Line Tech 1.5 litre EVO 150 ps DSG in Tungsten Silver with Standard Spec.
Replaced 67 Plate SEL 2.0 TSI 180PS 4Motion 7spd-DSG in Ruby Red with 20" Miramar Alloys and DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control)