230 R-Line Tech different on DVLA

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Zobware

Re: 230 R-Line Tech different on DVLA

Post by Zobware » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:17 pm

And this is still happening!

Received V5 today and guess what my 1.5 TSi Rline Tech 150 is showing as a 2.0 TSi SEL 230. This is despite me making dealership aware before it being registered and they assuring me this no longer happens!

Looks like another call to the dealership to get them to resolve it! Another issue is Dash cams are making DAB radio cut out so dealer will need to resolve that also. Apart from these two minor issues I'm very happy with the car.

Russboy

Post by Russboy » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:16 pm

Zobware wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:17 pm
And this is still happening!

Received V5 today and guess what my 1.5 TSi Rline Tech 150 is showing as a 2.0 TSi SEL 230. This is despite me making dealership aware before it being registered and they assuring me this no longer happens!

Looks like another call to the dealership to get them to resolve it! Another issue is Dash cams are making DAB radio cut out so dealer will need to resolve that also. Apart from these two minor issues I'm very happy with the car.
I had loads of issues with dash cams and DAB. Once I fitted ferrite cores and wrapped the camera feed cable through and around them all was well.
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 petrol 230ps with running boards, Blackvue DR750S-2CH, Maxton design front splitter and rear spoiler extension, TPMS, Heads up display, Swivelling Tow Bar, fully lined boot for protection from the hounds!

Djhannan

Logbook Incorrect

Post by Djhannan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi All

I received my log book today but has the car down as an SEL.

I think a few others may have had this. What’s the best way to resolve this, go to VW or DVLA? I would assume VW as the DVLA will want some form of proof
Current - ‘67 reg Tiguan R Line 2.0 TDI DSG, White, keyless start and electric tailgate
On Order - Tiguan R Line Tech 1.5 TSI DSG, Deep Black Pearl, Leather, Discover Pro, Side Scan, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Debadge

thejanners

Re: Logbook Incorrect

Post by thejanners » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:50 pm

If the car is new, the logbook will need to go back to the dealer for them to rectify

The link below covers the 230 but its the same issue.
I am on logbook number4 and at one point, my vehicle was registered as a Polo SE Evo.
My original was correct apart the description being TDi instaed of TSi

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5630

Good luck
Tungsten Silver R-Line Tech, DSG, Petrol 230 BHP, Mudflaps, Towbar. :D

Zobware

Post by Zobware » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Mine is the same, dealer said take it back to them and they will get it resolved

Newtig

Post by Newtig » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:59 pm

Same with mine. Have been waiting 6 weeks since the logbook was sent to the DVLA by VW. I collected my car in March but lockdown meant the logbook couldn't be dealt with, so sat with then for 3 months or so. How many other owners will have this error that either VW or DVLA are making? By now, you would think that someone would have looked into this and rectified it. Appears not?
2020 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 litre TSI 230 ps DSG Pure White. Headlight washers, wind deflectors, door sill protectors plus a few OBDeleven tweaks

Djhannan

Post by Djhannan » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Looks like I’ll be making another trip back to my dealer then!
Current - ‘67 reg Tiguan R Line 2.0 TDI DSG, White, keyless start and electric tailgate
On Order - Tiguan R Line Tech 1.5 TSI DSG, Deep Black Pearl, Leather, Discover Pro, Side Scan, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Debadge

rcgbob44

Post by rcgbob44 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:44 am

As an aside to this problem, i have a KTM motorcycle that has the incorect engine details in the log book.
I contacted the DVLA to get it corrected and they have told me I have to get a written letter from the factory confirming the correct engine details.....what are they thinking off?
2017 VW Tiguan SE Nav 2.0 Diesel 150.

John27

Post by John27 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:35 pm

Unfortunately, to correct the logbook, your dealer needs to get a letter or form from the manufacturer to resend to DVLA. I can't remember how long that took in my case, but it meant it was nearly 4 weeks from when I returned my logbook to the dealer to DVLA receiving the logbook and paperwork for correction. Whole process took about 8 weeks to get the logbook returned (still wasn't right and had to be resent a second time). Took nearly three months in total to get a correct version. Others, have had a nightmare over this.

Also, you need to remember if you ever buy anything on a website (even after the logbook has been corrected) where they ask for your car's registration number (like spares, tyres or even car insurance), in all likelihood, what you will be quoted for or sent will be suitable for the SEL model. It appears updating the DVLA doesn't update these other sites. Hopefully, this will improve in the future.
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 TSI 230 4Motion DSG - White with Vienna Leather, Head-up Display, TPMS, Side Scan & Voice Activation

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:50 am

Merged Topic as same question but different model.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.