Still waiting for service plan to be active.

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
xtrailman

Still waiting for service plan to be active.

Post by xtrailman » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:37 pm

I bought my Tiguan on 15th January this year and as yet my service plan details are not showing on the portal, car was bought from the Grimsby dealer and they say the details to VWFS have been sent 3 times???

CS don't want to know, VWFS say they know nothing about it, so I'm now lost as to what to do?

With Mazda, CS would always sort out these problems, in fact due to problems again with a Mazda dealer I ended up getting the £300 3 service deal for free.

I really don't see me buying any VW product in the future, just how hard can it be to implement a service plan, paid for on the day of purchase with receipts to prove it?

Dealer says I'm not alone others have the same issue, which is no help to me, I should also mention that i paid off my VWFS the day after purchase.
Any suggests welcome.
2019 SEL 190ps diesel.

Tubemonster

Re: Still waiting for service plan to be active.

Post by Tubemonster » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:49 pm

As you paid it off they’re not making any money out of you so probably aren’t going to put you top of their “to do” list. If it wasn’t showing on their records when you settled I don’t know where you would stand with them, it’s probably going to be your dealer that’s going to have to deal with it in as much as honouring the deal.
Not sure why you wouldn’t buy another “VW Product” because of it though? You buy the car for the car not the after sales, a bit different if it’s racked with faults.
Tiguan SWB R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 4Motion 190PS 7 Speed DSG - Tow bar
Ordered 11/08/18 ///Build date 21/01/19///In Transit 19/01/19 (early)///Arrived in UK 24/01/19
Collected 16/2/19 🎉

CNC

Post by CNC » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:22 pm

I would take your receipts to your dealer and insist on seeing the dealer principle. Show them the receipts and ask them to sort it out in front of you to your satisfaction there and then, and if they pass you to someone else sit in front of the other person until it is sorted and you are happy they have done everything they can.
It's very easy for anyone and everyone to say it's someone's else's problem to sort out, but as you paid your money to the dealer get them to sort it for you. Stay polite with them but be firm and don't leave until it is sorted.
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

Rory

Post by Rory » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:28 pm

xtrailman wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:37 pm

With Mazda, CS would always sort out these problems, in fact due to problems again with a Mazda dealer I ended up getting the £300 3 service deal for free.
VW CS is legendary for being completely useless. You're not even talking to VW, it's run by Capita. You won't get anything off them.

The app has been screwed up for a couple of years - they told me they'd fixed it a few months ago but the info it holds on our cars history is still wrong.

I've never had any documention for VW service plans, but never had any issues having the car serviced under the plans.
near Chester, UK
Sept 2015 Match 150PS TDI 4Motion DSG (hers) - thinking of a mk2, maybe an Allspace, for him. :)
Added Sept 2018 SEAT Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi 2WD manual to the family 'fleet'.

happymal

Post by happymal » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:23 am

xtrailman wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:37 pm
I bought my Tiguan on 15th January this year and as yet my service plan details are not showing on the portal, car was bought from the Grimsby dealer and they say the details to VWFS have been sent 3 times???

I really don't see me buying any VW product in the future, just how hard can it be to implement a service plan, paid for on the day of purchase with receipts to prove it?

Dealer says I'm not alone others have the same issue, which is no help to me, I should also mention that i paid off my VWFS the day after purchase.
Any suggests welcome.
This is why I always wait for thirty days before paying it off, give time for all the freebees and and discounts to go through, just bite the bullet for the 1 months interest which is always worth it..
2018 Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion Indium Grey with Keyless and Electric Tailgate. :D
+Passat 2.0TDi 150 DSG SE Business Harvard Blue.
:D

xtrailman

Post by xtrailman » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:06 am

Thanks for your comments.

My decision when buying a car isn't just the car but the complete package, that's dealers ability to sort any issues along with giving good servicing, and CS play a big part IME with sorting out issues when they arise. I think most people think the same...

I've logged a complaint with VWFS who still have my details on there system, they also say there is no service plan with my car, complaint procedure can take up to 2 months. They also confirm that the Grimsby dealer has sent them a email although i don't know what the email contains.

You couldn't make it up.
2019 SEL 190ps diesel.

Rory

Post by Rory » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:25 am

happymal wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:23 am
This is why I always wait for thirty days before paying it off, give time for all the freebees and and discounts to go through, just bite the bullet for the 1 months interest which is always worth it..
It's a bit of a grey area if stuff is free, but normally the service plans are paid for at a discounted rate so there certainly wouldn't be a problem keeping those if you Withdraw from the finance. We did it, and it was fine.

If you Settle after 30 days then the Settlement figure assumes you'll pay 28 days later and they can (and do) charge 30 days penalty. So on a typical PCP that's likely to cost £200-£300. Some people might be OK with that.
near Chester, UK
Sept 2015 Match 150PS TDI 4Motion DSG (hers) - thinking of a mk2, maybe an Allspace, for him. :)

happymal

Post by happymal » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:40 am

Rory wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:25 am
happymal wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:23 am
It's a bit of a grey area if stuff is free, but normally the service plans are paid for at a discounted rate so there certainly wouldn't be a problem keeping those if you Withdraw from the finance. We did it, and it was fine.

If you Settle after 30 days then the Settlement figure assumes you'll pay 28 days later and they can (and do) charge 30 days penalty. So on a typical PCP that's likely to cost £200-£300. Some people might be OK with that.
I have never paid more than £80, My wording should have been paid before thirty days, at least give it about 10 days for the paperwork to go through , especially when VW Finance are giving you £2k towards the deposit for the car, (a VW finance deal not the dealer) Then the half price service and anything else which finance is promoting at the time. Xtrailman does not mention if he had the deposit contribution.
2018 Tiguan SEL 2.0TDi 150 DSG 4Motion Indium Grey with Keyless and Electric Tailgate. :D
+Passat 2.0TDi 150 DSG SE Business Harvard Blue.
:D

Rory

Post by Rory » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:41 am

happymal wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:40 am
I have never paid more than £80, My wording should have been paid before thirty days, at least give it about 10 days for the paperwork to go through , especially when VW Finance are giving you £2k towards the deposit for the car, (a VW finance deal not the dealer) Then the half price service and anything else which finance is promoting at the time. Xtrailman does not mention if he had the deposit contribution.
If you do it within 14 days then you're Withdrawing. You pay a daily interest charge of a few pounds but that amount is frozen once you say you're Withdrawing. VWFS then give you 28 days to pay that amount.

I think it's a bit weird they let you keep the incentives - there must be some legal reason why they do, as it not like VW to give you anything they don't have to - but it would be bonkers not to take advantage of it.
near Chester, UK

xtrailman

Post by xtrailman » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:03 pm

I did buy through VWFS services, cancelled the next day and still retained the £2K contribution as others have, i see no advantage to waiting longer to pay more interest, it cost £5 approx in interest.

I've left a message twice now through VW Marshalls Grimsby over the last two days and still no call or email from the service manager...
2019 SEL 190ps diesel.

Return to “Main Volkswagen Tiguan chat”

VW Tiguan MK2 Forums

Our VW Tiguan MK2 Forums are free to join and open to all.