Dynamic wing mirror indicators

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
suboilbib

Re: Dynamic wing mirror indicators

Post by suboilbib » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:12 pm

I did it earlier this evening. It looks great!

I would’ve taken a video but it started raining so I used the generic YouTube link instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Tiguan Allspace R-Line Tech 2.0 BiTDi 240PS 4Motion in Platinum Grey with Head-Up Display, Emergency Assist, TPMS and OBDEleven Tweaks.

Order: 13/04/19
Comm: 23/04
Stg 2: 11/05
3: Wk 35
5a: 28/08
5b: 20/10
5c: 24/10
6: 29/10
7: 01/11

Still Game

Post by Still Game » Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:29 pm

Came back to my parked today to see that someone had cracked my passenger wing mirror glass 😭

No damage to the casing etc , prob just some little school kid showing off to his pals and pulled the mirror which has left a few cracks

So as I’ve had the dynamic indicators for the past few months sitting in their box mocking me and the fact that i now need a new mirror anyways I decided to give it a bash at installing them

I’ll be the first to hold my hand up and say as much as I like cars , tech and gadgets I’m absolutely rank rotten at DIY type of stuff

But surprise surprise I managed it quite easily , was certain I was going to break the already cracked mirror but nope, just a bit of time manipulating it and eventually out she popped , the rest of the procedure was a doddle , I just followed the video at the start of this thread

When It came to the drivers side it was a breeze because I knew how much force to use to pop out the mirror

Tested and working fine , no errors, so fastened everything back up ( drivers side casing was a bit of pain in the arse to get back into place )

So for anyone who likes the look of it and like me isn’t very handy then believe me, if I can manage it, anyone can 🙈🤣

So much brighter and I’m looking forward to seeing them in the dark later 🙌🏻

So back to my damaged mirror! Anyone got a good link or company to use for a replacement?

It’s just the glass , absolutely no damage to the casing or underneath , judging by the greasy smudge in the corner of it , I can only assume he thought he was showing off and grabbed at it!

VW are £50 for mirror but I’m sure there must be cheaper solutions out there for the same result

Cheers

Buzzer1926

Post by Buzzer1926 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:53 am

Having been in discussion with Jog-on Motors from Ali Express, about the 2019 dynamic indicators, that have now supplied me with a set, which work. They come with an extra cable that when connected will make the indicator show a blue position light when not in use. I’ve not connected this cable for obvious reasons but the indicators work a treat with no issues. :D Picture attached and video linked.

34523CDB-885F-4033-B590-2CD67227C98C.jpeg

Tiguan R Line Tech 4motion 150 DSG in pure white. Dynamic indicators, Scandinavian DRL’s, Gloss black door mirrors.

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:22 pm

Reihenmotor5 wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:55 pm
Here you go, $3 cheaper than when I purchased. Comes in a pair, fits the 2019 model the listing can be confusing. It also comes with a trim tool and an Allen wrench with the proper size T10. Basically all in one kit.

To view 【US $42.66 21% Off | For VW For Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 II R 5N 2017 2018 LED Dynamic Turn Signal Blinker Sequential Side Mirror Indicator Light】 on AliExpress with code #5qJyrLR2#, copy the whole sentence and open the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is it just me or have the price for these things fallen quite dramatically from $45 a set, to less than US$18??

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/3301596540 ... d8a740729e

T

sliveredge

Post by sliveredge » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:52 am

Ordered mine was here within the 10 days as stated in ad fitted in 20 minutes this morning. Look much nicer

ExAudiSi

Post by ExAudiSi » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:52 pm

I finally got around to fitting my set which have been rattling around in the boot for the last 12 months :shock:

Mine are the type with the white wire and I connected this to the green wire on the puddle light.
When the puddle light comes on, I get a white light that moves along in blocks, and a couple of orange flashes and then the indicator light gradually comes on in white.
It must be on its own separate timer though as it doesn't stay on for as long as the puddle lights.
67 Plate, Pure White Tiguan 2.0TDI 4 Motion manual, electric tailgate, Miramar Grey 20" alloys and sports suspension.

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:21 pm

ExAudiSi

What did you do to connect it to the green puddle light wire? Just wirestrippers to take off the insulation and then tape the two together?

Trying to find the best/neatest way of doing this...

ExAudiSi

Post by ExAudiSi » Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:55 pm

Tammma wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:21 pm
ExAudiSi

What did you do to connect it to the green puddle light wire? Just wirestrippers to take off the insulation and then tape the two together?

Trying to find the best/neatest way of doing this...
I stripped the wire back with a knife and soldered the extra wire to the existing before wrapping it all in insulating tape. You could use Scotchlok connectors I suppose as that would be better than just twisting the wires together and then putting tape over them.
67 Plate, Pure White Tiguan 2.0TDI 4 Motion manual, electric tailgate, Miramar Grey 20" alloys and sports suspension.

Tubemonster

Post by Tubemonster » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:06 am

Heat shrink would be my "go to" as insulation tape degrades to a sticky mess plus it satisfies my OCD neatness requirements :D
2019 Tiguan R-Line Tech 2.0 TDI 4Motion 190PS 7 Speed DSG -Factory Tow bar-Keyless-Electric Boot- 360 Area View.

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:15 am

Thanks guys. Scotchlok seems to be the way to go.

I just did not know the name of the product to order.

Can't wait to get this done.