Dynamic wing mirror indicators

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
ExAudiSi

Re: Dynamic wing mirror indicators

Post by ExAudiSi » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:25 am

Tubemonster wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:06 am
Heat shrink would be my "go to" as insulation tape degrades to a sticky mess plus it satisfies my OCD neatness requirements :D
It would normally be mine too, but as I didn't cut the existing puddle light wiring heat shrink wasn't an option.

I did wrap the extra wire into the harness with harness tape though :D
67 Plate, Pure White Tiguan 2.0TDI 4 Motion manual, electric tailgate, Miramar Grey 20" alloys and sports suspension.

Tammma

Post by Tammma » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:52 am

ExAudiSi wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:25 am
Tubemonster wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:06 am
Heat shrink would be my "go to" as insulation tape degrades to a sticky mess plus it satisfies my OCD neatness requirements :D
It would normally be mine too, but as I didn't cut the existing puddle light wiring heat shrink wasn't an option.

I did wrap the extra wire into the harness with harness tape though :D
ExAudiSi -- you didnt take any photos of the job did you by any chance? Would be useful having a few photos to go off...Damn scared of getting the wrong puddle light wire :)

ExAudiSi

Post by ExAudiSi » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:11 pm

I'm afraid I didn't take any photos as the majority is the job is covered in a YouTube video. However, the puddle light only has two wires and you can see the colours on them quite easily.
One is green, the other isn't.
Connect to the green one.
67 Plate, Pure White Tiguan 2.0TDI 4 Motion manual, electric tailgate, Miramar Grey 20" alloys and sports suspension.