Volkswagen Tiguan MK2 Forum banner

Fog Light Illumination On Cornering

7K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Tricky 
#1 ·
As title.

Can the option be switched off via car settings? I'm not a fan.

#4 ·
I'm presuming it's fog light cornering with halogen headlights. The cornering light is in the LED headlight assembly and I find it very useful when maneuvering in poorly lit areas. I do think approaching vehicles from a junction look odd with one fog light slowly dimming.

#5 ·
Just out of interest as well, when reversing with headlights on you'll also notice that both cornering lights are illuminated at the same time.

Steve

#6 ·
There is an option to code "foglights as cornering lights" in Carista, so maybe if you have halogens it would work in reverse and code them out. Worth a try for the sake of £10.99 (or whatever it is on Amazon at the moment)

#9 ·
I think the OP has halogen headlights hence it uses the fog lights as cornering lights unlike the LED headlights which use an additional LED in the headlight unit itself and not the fog lights.

#10 ·
I've got the halogens and the cornering light is great
I've actually started to notice it more and more on other vehicles too, not just VW.
Personally I can't understand what there is to dislike

Sent from my Mate 20 X using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Even just a simple thing like turning a corner into a car park at night , it really does light up the sides well so you can spot a rogue brick , dead body etc lol

I'm sure I changed the settings on mines using obd11 or Carista so the LEDs activated a bit earlier or when you have a decent amount of lock on without your indicator

I did see an option for activating the bottom halogen fog lights as turning lights but absolutely no need to do that , plus the 2 colours wouldn't match

Great feature on great lights &#x1f44d-1f3fb;

#14 ·
I did switch the bulbs on my mk1 for night breaker halogens and they make an incredible difference to how well it lights those corners. They're also much whiter closer to the LED DRL's in colour.

Mine being xenon headlights, the cornering lights are regular h7's the inner lights of the headlight pair, where you'd imagine main beam to be, with the reflectors on the sides nearest the middle of the car throwing the light to the sides. Also put night breakers in the fog lights which made them so much brighter too. Now those are brilliant in rural lanes, light right out to the sides low down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.