How is your DSG gearbox performing?

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Ekhangel

Re: How is your DSG gearbox performing?

Post by Ekhangel » Fri May 22, 2020 1:03 pm

Sorry, the posts from Vortex are from 2014. Not sure if that matters. Also, they do not apply to Tiguan as such.
'19 Tiguan Allspace 1.5 TSI; apologise for non-native language flaws

xtrailman

Post by xtrailman » Fri May 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Early 1.4 cars were 6 speed DSG, newer 1.5 cars are now 7 speed.
2019 SEL 190ps diesel.

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Fri May 22, 2020 1:19 pm

Tricky, you are indeed correct. Don’t know what on earth made me think they were all 6 speed. Must be getting (am) old(er)! :roll:

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

archie159

Post by archie159 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:27 pm

Ekhangel wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 8:47 am
Jeremy_SWE wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:45 pm
Btw, the posts in the link you added were from 2014. These will be referring to the mk 1 Tiguan.
Aye, but some of you folks here sound like you've never driven anything but DSGs and have never had a single jerk from it. Plus, how many differences could there be b/n a 2015 and 2019 DSG tranny? Sure, there might be some, but c'mon. I know, it's a technically different car and somewhat different engines, but the difference shouldn't be this vast.
For what it is worth, I've driven and/or owned cars from just about every major brand, and as I previously lived in the Gulf for a long time where 99.99% of all cars are autos, I do have a lot to compare my current Tiguan DSG with - and it's as smooth and reliable as any I've had! Touching-wood that I am not tempting fate with that...!
2017 Tiguan 2.0 TDI 150hp auto (second hand)

Ekhangel

Post by Ekhangel » Fri May 22, 2020 6:00 pm

Alright, then. My previous auto transmissions were a Peugeot 308 with the horrid semi-automatic box and Audi A6 C6 with a tiptronic that is very decent WHEN it is in like-new condition, that is before developing all the failures typical for the unit.

I picked the car up from the dealer today. It was in for a recall (apparently the spoiler tends to glue off in cars from my lot causing potential hazard to vehicles behind me). I had obviously mentioned the transmission issue and suggested they at least reset the adaptation to see if this helps. The gentleman behind the desk (who wouldn't even bother saying "please take a seat" as a neat way of confirming that he was the guy to talk to about the visit, thus making me actually stand for about 45 seconds until I took the seat discretionally) said they first have to diagnose this and can't do anything about it until then. So it was no surprise today when he said he did a test drive and found no problems. Them lucky bastards always manage to never experience the problem somehow.

So it's one of those intermittent problems that are difficult to reproduce and prove. I've recently seen a laughable promotion at the local Seat showroom where they would give you an electric scooter with the car. Me and wife were joking that perhaps this is the modern mobility solution for getting home from the service point in case your new car develops problems.

Now I'm beginning to think the scooter should come with a GoPro. And maybe a time-synchronised accelerometer to evidence the jerks.
'19 Tiguan Allspace 1.5 TSI; apologise for non-native language flaws