Emden Docks

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
DSGDiesel

Emden Docks

Post by DSGDiesel » Mon May 18, 2020 11:43 am

Hi all,

For those like me who have their new Tiggy built and parked up at Emden docks awaiting shipping, I have some news.

The carriers for VW, Kess Shipping, will restart operations next Monday 25th May to the three UK ports.

VW tell me they are of course focussing on ordered cars first as opposed to general dealership stock.

Mines going to Sheerness with Tuesday pm arrival time.

At least theres some movement now, and hopefully it moves quickly to the dealership then.

Paul

Mr Tig

Re: Emden Docks

Post by Mr Tig » Mon May 18, 2020 12:46 pm

Was it vw customer service who gave you that info?

If so it’s nice to hear them actually giving specific time scales rather than there usual.........’’please contact you dealer” speech.

Great News!
2020 Tiguan R Line Tech 2.0 DSG Diesel 150hp
Spec - Leather - Heated Seats All Round - Running Boards - Gloss Black Mirrors & Spoiler -Tints - Red Brake with Black Hubs & Decals
- Custom R-Line Mats - Pedal Box

DSGDiesel

Post by DSGDiesel » Mon May 18, 2020 1:03 pm

Yes it was VW giving the info.

They put me on hold and checked too, so 'hopefully' it the truth.

However, a quick check next Monday afternoon on ships in dock in Emden, will confirm the info...or not.

Paul

Helpsy

Post by Helpsy » Tue May 19, 2020 1:41 pm

My Tiguan All space is also stuck in Emden too :( Spoke to the dealer today and they mentioned that the UK Car transporter service is starting tomorrow moving the cars from the ports to the dealerships.

Helpsy

Post by Helpsy » Tue May 19, 2020 1:45 pm

DSGDiesel wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:03 pm
Yes it was VW giving the info.

They put me on hold and checked too, so 'hopefully' it the truth.

However, a quick check next Monday afternoon on ships in dock in Emden, will confirm the info...or not.

Paul
Im pretty sure the ship that is currently in Emden Docks will be transporting it to the UK.

Weser Highway: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/ho ... 64/zoom:17

DSGDiesel

Post by DSGDiesel » Tue May 19, 2020 2:03 pm

Mine will no doubt be on the Malacca Highway as it only goes back and forth between Emden and Sheerness.

Its moored in Emden now so can only hope mine gets loaded Monday depending on cars ordered thats been waiting longer then mine doesn't fill it up!

Paul

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Tue May 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Not sure how the dealers are going to get them to customers as my dealer informed me they do not have there showrooms open only service at present.

Do you just turn up and they leave the key and you pick it up, handovers ect will not work due to social distance requirements.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

Helpsy

Post by Helpsy » Tue May 19, 2020 3:31 pm

JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 2:21 pm
Not sure how the dealers are going to get them to customers as my dealer informed me they do not have there showrooms open only service at present.

Do you just turn up and they leave the key and you pick it up, handovers ect will not work due to social distance requirements.
When I spoke with my local dealership (Hedge End, Southampton) they have started handover but can only be done outside in the car park with strict 2 meters social distancing policy. I note that the website does say only dealerships in England so assume the rest of the UK will not be doing handovers

Here is the link: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/covid-19 (Scroll down to the FAQ section)

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Tue May 19, 2020 4:41 pm

Helpsy wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:31 pm
JK-VWTiguanR wrote:

When I spoke with my local dealership (Hedge End, Southampton) they have started handover but can only be done outside in the car park with strict 2 meters social distancing policy. I note that the website does say only dealerships in England so assume the rest of the UK will not be doing handovers

Here is the link: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/covid-19 (Scroll down to the FAQ section)
I guess any new member will be having to hit the handbook as when i had my first VW handover the sales person must have spent an hour or two showing me and all the little items and set ups you can have.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Tue May 19, 2020 5:49 pm

JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 4:41 pm
Helpsy wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 3:31 pm
JK-VWTiguanR wrote:

I guess any new member will be having to hit the handbook as when i had my first VW handover the sales person must have spent an hour or two showing me and all the little items and set ups you can have.

That’s pretty much why we’re all here isn’t it!, New owners can feel free to ask questions, and those who are already owners can offer advice and answers to the sort of questions new owners are likely come up with.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.