Emden Docks

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Tophat571

Re: Emden Docks

Post by Tophat571 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:51 am

Scrounger, honestly I'm not 100%. Like you I've looked all over for maps everywhere, but not found anything. However, it's been noted several times that the VW area is the main section to the West and Porsche/Audi is the smaller area to the East/centre. Also looking at all the various VW company assets on the western side (everything that pops up through a GoogleMaps search), it seems a reasonable assumption. But I agree its just guesswork really.

DSGDiesel

Post by DSGDiesel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:54 am

scrounger wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:18 am
I really dont know how you know if the docks are VW/Audo or Porsche. I've looked everywhere online and can't find any info.

If you look at there satellite views of the docks, you can select street name view.

On the left as you enter Emden is the largest compounds all VW Straube, (street in German), 1,2 3,4, 5 and Main.

On the inner port is the Audi/Porsche compound named, Audi straube 1 and 2 and Porsche straube.

Each have dedicated railway lines going into disembarkation sheds.

DSGDiesel

Post by DSGDiesel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:58 am

phaedra wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:26 am
@TomThumb

I'm hoping to :)

Just heard back from my dealer, he reckons 3 weeks so I can probably manage until then. Hopefully the AP won't go up on July 1st, I've already lost the £600 off they were offering when I ordered it in Feb.
By having the car on order now, you pay the AP as it stand now and not what it will potentially be on next Quarter.

However, if the AP does go down a bit, it's not unknown for the dealership to charge the new lower one if you're very lucky.

phaedra

Post by phaedra » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:25 pm

Unfortunately when my Skoda lease car was written off Skoda ended the lease which I had just extended so I had something to drive while I waited for the Tiguan to arrive. Insurance gave me a loan car while they settled the claim but that now has to be returned this week.

At the time of the accident the Tiguan I'd ordered from the dealer in Wakefield with the £600 discount on the AP was still showing as not built and looking like an August/September delivery. A local dealer said they had one on the way over so cancelled the original Motability order so they could place their order with Motabilty in it's place. A couple of days later they turned around and said they didn't have one at after all, this left me with no order on Motability's system I could amend. A new order couldn't be placed until July 1st when they fully re-open.

As July 1st is also the start of their new quarters pricing the AP price will be whatever it is on that date. It may go down (unlikely) or up, there's no way of knowing. Jeep, Mercedes and Smart have released their pricing already, some have gone up, some stayed the same and some cars like the Mercedes GLA are no longer available on the scheme at all.

Helpsy

Post by Helpsy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:07 pm

It looks as if Olympian highway has been loading at the VW dock and has a destination set as Southampton. I could be hopeful that my car could go to the UK on there as someone mentioned on here that their car came through Southampton

scrounger

Post by scrounger » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:10 pm

City of Rotterdam is underway to Grimsby
Tiguan R-Line Tech 190 DSG 4Motion in White

DSGDiesel

Post by DSGDiesel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:37 pm

Helpsy wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:07 pm
It looks as if Olympian highway has been loading at the VW dock and has a destination set as Southampton. I could be hopeful that my car could go to the UK on there as someone mentioned on here that their car came through Southampton
That puts a new angle on things Helpsy as think its closer to me too.

However, 'for research purposes' I just rang Peter Cooper the VW dealership in Southampton who confirm VW do not use Southampton and theirs come from Sheerness only but sometimes the ships do 'stop off' in Emden to pick up agricultural mobile machinery.

Looking at the Olympian Highway route, it was two days in Bremerhaven where all BMW's are shipped, then briefly at Emden and then Southampton which is BMWs port of entry.

Therefore its full of BMW's and some combine harvesters......shame.

In addition, Coopers are aware of the backlog at Emden and slow distribution to dealers once in the Uk and are advising all customers who are waiting that from leaving Emden to handover is about a 4 week process currently.

Djhannan

Post by Djhannan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:31 pm

Correct, they can’t increase the price as you signed an order based on the figures given to you.

When I got my 67 Tig, they actually had another 500 dealer contribution and that was added to mine, so it knocked like an extra £10 a month from the monthly

DSGDiesel wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:58 am
phaedra wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:26 am
@TomThumb

I'm hoping to :)

Just heard back from my dealer, he reckons 3 weeks so I can probably manage until then. Hopefully the AP won't go up on July 1st, I've already lost the £600 off they were offering when I ordered it in Feb.
By having the car on order now, you pay the AP as it stand now and not what it will potentially be on next Quarter.

However, if the AP does go down a bit, it's not unknown for the dealership to charge the new lower one if you're very lucky.
Current - ‘67 reg Tiguan R Line 2.0 TDI DSG, White, keyless start and electric tailgate
On Order - Tiguan R Line Tech 1.5 TSI DSG, Deep Black Pearl, Leather, Discover Pro, Side Scan, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Debadge

phaedra

Post by phaedra » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:44 pm

They can as the order was cancelled off the Motability system.

I've already asked Motability if they could reinstate it but the answer is no, once it's been cancelled that's it, it's gone. JCT have been OK and said they would still allocate the car to me if I wanted it but wouldn't give the original discount offered in February.

It will have to be to be a new order at whatever price it is on July 1st. If the AP goes up significantly and the Ateca Xcellence Lux doesn't then I'll not have much of a choice but to go for that, I can't find anything else locally that I can physically get into. The only other alternative is to spend the money on a cheap runabout and hope it lasts until things get back to a more normal supply situation.

chuci

Post by chuci » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:35 pm

How are everyone getting updates from Cs? Everytime I ask on the live chat they give me some bogus reply about speaking to my dealer. My dealer says they don't know anything lol and that's if I can even get through to them!