Allspace Easy Open Boot lid

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Yelland
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:14 am
Location: UK. Berkshire

Allspace Easy Open Boot lid

Post by Yelland » Mon May 18, 2020 8:27 pm

Hi

I have an MY20 2020 Allspace SEL with the Easy Open foot wiggle feature for the powered boot lid, (but no close as it's an Allspace :cry: ).

I've been using this feature for some time and I have a question as I'm sure something has changed? (or it may be I'm suffering from lockdown fatigue forgetfullness!).


Does this feature only work when the car is Locked or does it also wok when the car is unlocked? (Kessy key in my pocket outside the car).

(I'm sure it used to work locked or unlocked but now it seems to work only when car is locked).

Can anybody verify what happens on their Allspace? (The manual is useless as always)

Cheers
Tiguan Allspace SEL 1.5 litre TSI 150 ps DSG - Reg October 2019. MY20 - 2020 model. UK Berkshire.

User avatar
Essjay
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:25 pm
Location: West Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Allspace Easy Open Boot lid

Post by Essjay » Mon May 18, 2020 8:48 pm

Can’t say for the Allspace, but it works for both locked and unlocked on my Tig.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

JaiCee
Posts: 69
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Re: Allspace Easy Open Boot lid

Post by JaiCee » Tue May 19, 2020 9:52 am

Works for both in my '19 allspace

User avatar
Mr Tig
Posts: 164
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:20 pm
Location: Bournemouth - UK

Re: Allspace Easy Open Boot lid

Post by Mr Tig » Tue May 19, 2020 10:43 am

Works both ways on MY20 too....
2020 Tiguan R Line Tech 2.0 DSG Diesel 150hp
Spec - Leather - Heated Seats All Round - Running Boards - Gloss Black Mirrors & Spoiler -Tints - Red Brake with Black Hubs & Decals
- Custom R-Line Mats - Pedal Box

Yelland
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:14 am
Location: UK. Berkshire

Re: Allspace Easy Open Boot lid

Post by Yelland » Wed May 20, 2020 10:12 am

(Thanks Essjay, JaiCee and Mr Tig for your replies!).

Well I looked at the foot sensor as per the manual and gave it a wipe down. Who knows but everything seems to be working again for now (locked and unlocked)... Hmm.

Perhaps my foot has changed lol.


Thanks
Tiguan Allspace SEL 1.5 litre TSI 150 ps DSG - Reg October 2019. MY20 - 2020 model. UK Berkshire.

User avatar
Essjay
Posts: 2797
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:25 pm
Location: West Hertfordshire, UK

Re: Allspace Easy Open Boot lid

Post by Essjay » Wed May 20, 2020 11:20 am

Yelland wrote:
Wed May 20, 2020 10:12 am
(Thanks Essjay, JaiCee and Mr Tig for your replies!).

Well I looked at the foot sensor as per the manual and gave it a wipe down. Who knows but everything seems to be working again for now (locked and unlocked)... Hmm.

Perhaps my foot has changed lol.


Thanks

I’ve found the best way to operate it is to put your foot straight under (just left of center) and withdraw it straight out, stepping back as you do.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

Matchbox
Posts: 243
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:35 pm
Location: Nr. Whitby, N.Yorkshire

Re: Allspace Easy Open Boot lid

Post by Matchbox » Wed May 20, 2020 2:29 pm

Left of centre? Mine is right of centre and generally works with a slight right to left sweep, then mind your chin.
Ordered 3rd March. Build week 13 - 27/03/17. Delivered 26/04/17 (dealer pre-order)
2.0 l SEL TSi DSG 4motion. Keyless, park assist, electric tailgate. Atlantic blue.

windshear
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:34 am

Re: Allspace Easy Open Boot lid

Post by windshear » Thu May 21, 2020 1:00 pm

Finally someone else other than me that the Easy "Close" does not work. I mean it is quite depressing.

I have SWB Tiguan and Easy Open works but no Easy Close MY20, car is produced 2020 January.

User avatar
mrew42
Posts: 1181
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am
Location: Havering

Re: Allspace Easy Open Boot lid

Post by mrew42 » Thu May 21, 2020 1:14 pm

windshear wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:00 pm
Finally someone else other than me that the Easy "Close" does not work. I mean it is quite depressing.

I have SWB Tiguan and Easy Open works but no Easy Close MY20, car is produced 2020 January.
Shame, my MY20 car, also built in Jan works perfectly.
Toby 1 - MY18 1.4TSI BMT 150 4Motion SE NAV DSG Indium Grey - 03/18-03/20 gone :(
Toby 2 - MY20 2.0TDi 150 4Motion DSG R Line Tech Pure White - 03/20-../..

windshear
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:34 am

Re: Allspace Easy Open Boot lid

Post by windshear » Fri May 22, 2020 6:58 am

mrew42 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:14 pm
windshear wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:00 pm
Finally someone else other than me that the Easy "Close" does not work. I mean it is quite depressing.

I have SWB Tiguan and Easy Open works but no Easy Close MY20, car is produced 2020 January.
Shame, my MY20 car, also built in Jan works perfectly.
Oops, sorry I ordered in January, actually produced in February, w9, but should not matter :D

Post Reply