Window rubber trim

All Volkswagen Tiguan related discussions
Russ123

Window rubber trim

Post by Russ123 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 5:49 pm

I collected our Allspace yesterday . In the afternoon i noticed the rubber trim at the bottom of the drivers side window was lifted. I tried to push it back in place but then looking at it further looks like its bonded.
I contacted the dealer straight away and i took the car back this morning. I have now been told they will have to replace the whole chrome trim.
Has anyone else had this fault ?

20200605_152950.jpg

20200605_153030.jpg

CNC

Re: Window rubber trim

Post by CNC » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:48 pm

Haven't seen or heard of this before on this forum in that exact position.

However, there have been a few problems where the rubber wasn't fitted correctly around the drivers door front quarter light window but this is not where you have the problem.

Take a quick look at the picture on this page as the same chrome strip may be the cause viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5252&start=10

At least your dealer is sorting it out as soon as possible.
2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

Essjay

Post by Essjay » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:57 pm

Makes you wonder how on earth that made it through the PDI.

Steve
Tiguan 2.0 TSi 180 SEL DSG 4MOTION (Sept ‘16, MY17).
Caribbean Blue, Vienna "Storm Grey" leather, Keyless and electric tailgate, (TPMS), Area View, Park Assist, HUD, Winter Pack, Michelin Cross Climate SUV tyres, Carlinkit Wireless Carplay.

scrounger

Post by scrounger » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:16 am

Looks like the rubber has lifted when the protective tape was removed from the chrome strip on PDI. chances are its a ham fisted valeter
Tiguan R-Line Tech 190 DSG 4Motion in White

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:50 am

That's not good, glad you are getting it sorted, this is why it's important to go over the car when you collect it from a dealer, some dealers PDI inspection is questionable at the best of times and now they are under pressure to clear cars it may be a quick brief look so we'll spotted.
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

CNC

Post by CNC » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:45 am

JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:50 am
That's not good, glad you are getting it sorted, this is why it's important to go over the car when you collect it from a dealer, some dealers PDI inspection is questionable at the best of times and now they are under pressure to clear cars it may be a quick brief look so we'll spotted.
For those not familiar with a PDI check it is not a complete 100% check of a vehicle, there is a specific list that has to be followed for each different model, perhaps it doesn't cover as much as you think.

The dealer has to follow a step by step guide on what to do during a PDI check and nothing more than what is on the list.

An example is here (you should be able to scroll down the list to see page 2):

2018 MY SEL 150 TDI DSG 2Motion in Caribbean Blue with reversing camera & park assist plus fully debadged

JK-VWTiguanR

Post by JK-VWTiguanR » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:36 pm

CNC wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:45 am
JK-VWTiguanR wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:50 am
For those not familiar with a PDI check it is not a complete 100% check of a vehicle, there is a specific list that has to be followed for each different model, perhaps it doesn't cover as much as you think.

The dealer has to follow a step by step guide on what to do during a PDI check and nothing more than what is on the list.

An example is here (you should be able to scroll down the list to see page 2):

Form does state: Inspect paint surfaces, moldings and glass.

Even if its not on the list as rubber trim i am sure this would come under mouldings and would catch the eye surely. ;)

That's why I say its important to fully check the car yourself and do not leave it to others, i have found on previous collections of cars scratched and damaged alloys, doors not aligned and not closing correctly, bonnet alignment, boot alignment and scratched paintwork.

As i say its always best to do your own full check before you leave. :D
2019 19-Plate 230hp Tiguan R-Line Tech in White with Loads of Extras
Replaced: 2018 18-Plate 240hp Tiguan R-Line in White with Loads of Extras.

Russ123

Post by Russ123 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:30 pm

This only gets worse. I gave the car a wash earlier and i have now found a dent above the drivers side door and also an area of the alloy wheel has not been coated correctly.
I have just took the car back to the dealership and i have been told it will all be sorted but it will need to go to a bodyshop for the dent

20200608_162328.jpg

CNC

Post by CNC » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:35 pm

Unfortunately things do not go as smooth as we would like from time to time, but what matters is the way your dealer is dealing with it and from what you say they are not quibbling about fixing anything, they will simply sort it out for you.

Hopefully they can fix the dent, wheel, and window trim at the same time and you will enjoy your new Allspace.

carib230sel

Post by carib230sel » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:00 pm

3 separate problem areas like that would make me a bit anxious about what else might be lurking. Very frustrating for you :(

Is it an unusual spec ? I would be thinking about rejecting a car that needs to go to the bodyshop....
2019 230tsi SEL 4motion inc HUD, Keyless, Progressive Steering, Eton UG speakers.